Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

leozelig
Toucan
Toucan

04 Feb 2018, 10:49 am

Hello, I am wondering if any aspies suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome. I saw a documentary about a woman with this condition and it was shocking how much I related to it. It was when I began having a lot of health problems in my 20's that my Asperger's syndrome came right up to the surface.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences, or if anyone knows if there's a connection there. Does anybody know about chronic fatigue syndrome?

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2018, 7:52 pm

Hello. My wife and her mother both have cfs so I do know a bit about it. They are both NT, though. They both contracted Lyme Disease about the same time when they lived on a farm. The cfs started in when my wife was in junior high. I guess it can often be triggered by heavy illness. I don't know about a connection to AS, but I know that AS traits can become more pronounced during periods of struggle and cfs is all struggle, both physically and cognitively.
It has taken my wife up to an hour to crawl from the bed to the bathroom, and she often experiences confusion. She used to be part of a support network, so if you have questions you can PM me and I will ask her. So sorry to hear of your suffering.