New Adult? Too old for teen thread, not old enough here...Hi

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

BrilliantLife
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Feb 2018, 11:39 pm

At the Ripe-Old-Age of twenty-three, here I sit at my desk, flipping between threads, mostly staying in the Haven. I don't know if I quite belong here yet, but the teen thread is unappealing to me. Hopefully, my maturity outweighs the number of years I've been on this planet.

Hi, My name is Rebecca. I'm twenty-three and I'm about to be married and (mostly) independent in October. I was diagnosed as a child, right after my older sister was. It was never made obvious to me that there was a name for what I was; most of it was 'stupid', 'ret*d', 'inept' if they got creative. I went through depression, and still struggle with the few tendrils that stay stuck to me, anxiety, food problems, and in turn iron deficiencies, and various other health problems. I survived high school by the skin of my teeth and vowed never to go back to traditional classrooms in fear of more bullying, judgment, and panic attacks. I, unfortunately, work in retail, but for how much longer is a mystery to me. One day I want to be a published author, if one day my procrastination and general anxiety quit sitting in the way.

I'm soon to be moving out and living without my parents, and in with my new husband to be, and I'm dreading the process. I was hoping to get some tips from those who have done it and been through this. Marriage, independence, etc. Thank you.

They'd banish us, you know." - Emily Dickinson

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2018, 12:46 pm

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.

I hope you can find a way to get out of retail.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

BrilliantLife
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Feb 2018, 1:32 am

Thank you, I appreciate it :)

They'd banish us, you know." - Emily Dickinson