Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TwinRuler
Toucan
Toucan

05 Feb 2018, 7:36 am

Roosevelt feared the German Americans, not so much because they would be more loyal to Hitler’s regime than to his own, but rather the opposite reason. Indeed, FDR would have loved nothing better than for all German Americans at the time to be clad as Brown Shirts. That way, they could be more identifiable, and hence easier to round up and send to Prison Camps. The truth of the matter is that it was precisely Roosevelt’s fear, or so I would suspect, that German Americans would anglicize their names, marry into Anglo Saxon families, and otherwise truly assimilate to The American Way of Life!

Of course, it is easy for me to envision, the son of a member of the German American Bund, guilt ridden about his parent’s lack of loyalty to the Rooseveltist regime, in America, going all out of his way to prove himself patriotic to America—or, at any rate, Loyal to The U.S. Federal Government—by not only going off to fight in Korea, but also to fight in Vietnam. Of course, the irony and absurdity, upon returning to America, said German American soldier (or, other military personnel) ended up beaten to death by Hippies, who refer to him as a Nazi and/or a Fascist, precisely because he fought the Communists in South East Asia.
Now, Commies and Nazis and Hippies are all very much hated, I would think, by sizable sections of the U.S. Population. Still, I digress. I may well pose the question, philosophically, what precisely is The American Way of Life, as it were? I started wondering, when I decided that Ethnic Pride, all forms of Ethnic Pride, express failure to assimilate to the American Way of Life; and that Self Hate, by contrast, is the Will to assimilate to said American Way of Life.
I suppose, that is precisely why the American Way of Life is being deliberately changed and altered, beyond all recognition, so as to make is nearly impossible for German Americans, who desire to forget all about their German heritage, to properly assimilate to it. Now look, however one may hate Germans, or for that matter German Americans, and I know many of you reading this do so, with all your hearts and souls; one must realize, that these changes and alterations could harm other forms of White people, too. They would offend, irony of ironies, the Anglo Saxons themselves.
And how exactly would said American Way of Life be altered beyond all recognition, in order to make sure that German Americans, who desire to forget all about their German heritage, never really can assimilate to said American Way of Life? By saying that Patriotism as such, not only patriotism to Germany but even patriotism to America itself—indeed, all forms of Patriotism—are bad and evil. Of course, they would implement the term Nationalism, rather than Patriotism, but I hope the readers get the idea! Deliberately creating absurd subcultures, not only Hippies, but also Beatniks, Greasers, Punkers, and even Trans—Gender types.
I would even go so far as to say that Racial Integration and Sexual Coeducation had the exact opposite goals as they ostensibly had. For instance, Racial Integration of Schools was never about lifting up the Negro to the level of Whites (whether German American or other), but rather about exposing the less intelligent Whites to the Negro subculture, . Moreover, Sexual Coeducation exists, not to make students ignore sexual differences, but rather perceive them more than ever. For don’t you see? Don’t you see? They anticipated, indeed hoped, for the certain types of misunderstandings that would lead precisely to the types of anti-Stalking and Sexual Harassment codes and ordinances that they would appear to need.

And why would Franklin Delano Roosevelt fear the merger of The German Americans and the Anglo Saxons into one group? I am sure many of you ridicule the notion, as absurd. Of course, what makes it all the more hypocritical on FDR’s part, is precisely because he is not altogether of English blood himself. Of course, he is partially English, but not entirely. Still, if the German Americans and Anglo Saxons really did intermarry, and become as of one, they would have formed a vast, Political Bloc. One which could very well work for the interest of Whites, particularly those with blue eyes.

TwinRuler
Toucan
Toucan

07 Feb 2018, 6:44 am

:D Mind you, I have always found it rather weird that the only war, that ocurred in the 20th Century, that most "Americans" feel any patriotism about is, of course, The Second World War. Americans certainly do not get patriotic about U.S. Military involvement in Vietnam, for example. No, Hollywood, for some odd reason, endeavors for us all to feel bad about Vietnam. Why is that? Why the stupid double standard?

One really has to wonder. Still, perhaps if Americans stopped feeling patriotic, about U.S. Military involvement in The Second World War, they would-- in affect-- stop actually being Americans. Intriguingly, some U.S. Citizens, but not others, are actually considered to be American. And, not all U.S. Citizens, of course, have that Privilege: what I would term American Privilege.

:? Look, America is a Social Construct! Some Americans, even, are considered to be more American than others. It is time to wake up to this fact. Indeed, the American Dream is just that. There is nothing real about it. At any rate, not anymore.

TwinRuler
Toucan
Toucan

07 Feb 2018, 6:48 am

Makes me sick! They refer to THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA not only as a nation, but also The Nation. They know not what a nation truly is. THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is, in no sense of the term, a National State; rather, it is a Multinational State. Perhaps, just perhaps, it was never meant to be a National State.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 9:32 pm

I understand you want to get this thread going but it looks like it isn't going to happen...
Perhaps my saying this will give it legs... :mrgreen:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 9:51 pm

it's called the amuuurican dream 'cause ya gotta be asleep to believe it. [RIP GC]

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 9:52 pm

auntblabby wrote:
it's called the amuuurican dream 'cause ya gotta be asleep to believe it. [RIP GC]

Nice one...lol

TwinRuler
Toucan
Toucan

08 Feb 2018, 3:29 am

auntblabby wrote:

Well said. The American Dream is just that. There is nothing real about it all.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 3:37 am

if only more citizens would wake up and smell the coffee.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Feb 2018, 6:15 am

Gosh, where to start?

I guess an obvious place is - any evidence, or is this just speculation?

Next - where do you think Saxons came from? Answer: Saxony - in Germany. If you mean "English" or "British" then say that.

I think defining "the American way of life" as "self hatred" is bizarre. Furthermore, the notion that German Americans are widely hated and haven't assimilated... German Americans have always outnumbered British Americans, most white Americans today have mixed ancestry, and I think you'd really struggle to record any national or ethnic tension between them.

Who is the "they" that is creating all these "absurd subcultures"? I think you fundamentally misunderstand how subcultures begin to exist. They aren't created by evil masterminds or by any guiding intelligence, they emerge gradually and in multiple places in response to widespread trends. Trans people aren't an absurd subculture.

Quote:
For instance, Racial Integration of Schools was never about lifting up the Negro to the level of Whites (whether German American or other), but rather about exposing the less intelligent Whites to the Negro subculture, and all bad habits and behavior thereof.

Not gonna lie, this sounds pretty racist to me, even if you disregard the dated language (which you should seriously reconsider). I'm struggling to see how it even makes sense within your framework.

Quote:
Moreover, Sexual Coeducation exists, not to make students ignore sexual differences, but rather perceive them more than ever. For don’t you see? Don’t you see? They anticipated, indeed hoped, for the certain types of misunderstandings that would lead precisely to the types of anti-Stalking and Sexual Harassment codes and ordinances that they would appear to need.

... No, I don't see that. It's a completely ludicrous suggestion which you have provided no evidence to support. You think Victorian pedagogists anticipated that in the future we'd need to educate students about consent? Naaaaaah. They didn't have much conception of it themselves, and if they did, then why not just implement those codes rather than engaging in a century-long conspiracy that wouldn't bear fruit until after they were dead? Complete nonsense.

Quote:
Of course, what makes it all the more hypocritical on FDR’s part, is precisely because he is not altogether of English blood himself.

Does it make it more hypocritical on FDR's part, or more ludicrous on your part?

It's clear you've thought about this at great length, but you haven't thought about it at all well. You've taken every bit of evidence that would disprove your bizarre and winding conspiracy and twisted it to fit. There's been no critical thinking, no evaluation of how likely it is. Why would Roosevelt care if white people became a unified voting bloc?

TwinRuler
Toucan
Toucan

08 Feb 2018, 7:47 am

The_Walrus wrote:
It's clear you've thought about this at great length, but you haven't thought about it at all well. You've taken every bit of evidence that would disprove your bizarre and winding conspiracy and twisted it to fit. There's been no critical thinking, no evaluation of how likely it is. Why would Roosevelt care if white people became a unified voting bloc?

The last should be the most obvious. Franklin Delano Roosevelt liked to play different types of Whites against each other, in America. It was a divide and conquer scheme. And, of course, it worked like a charm. And, of course, as far as Sir Winston Churchill was concerned, any not 100% on the side of the British Empire over The Third Reich, was 100% on the side of The Third Reich over The British Empire. One could say that said British Empire, much like The Third Reich, was built upon racism and brutality. Still, Churchill knew Roosevelt would go along.

You see, if The United States of America dared to so much as stay out, declare itself neutral, then Canadian troops, and British troops stationed in Canada, would invade from the North. Do not think for a moment that the British would not do that. For they would have done just that. Look up, Plan Red, sometime. To do so, one would see that would have actually happened!

TwinRuler
Toucan
Toucan

08 Feb 2018, 8:07 am

The_Walrus wrote:
German Americans have always outnumbered British Americans.

Come now. I find that very hard to believe. Now, suppose, in terms of numbers, the German Americans really do outnumber British Americans? I doubt it. But, suppose you are correct? Sheer numbers does not, necessarily translate into more political power, more wealth, or more status in society. Remember, in Apartheid South Africa, Blacks outnumbered their White overlords. Still, the Blacks of Apartheid South Africa had almost nil power.

The British Americans, those of English blood to be more precise, do still have power and authority, in this society, and lots of it. They certainly had it during The World Wars, which, i would advance the argument, is precisely why America took the side of Great Britain over Germany, with the German Americans having precious little to do about it.

TwinRuler
Toucan
Toucan

08 Feb 2018, 8:39 am

The_Walrus wrote:
I think defining "the American way of life" as "self hatred" is bizarre.

Okay, how does one define Ethnic Pride? I define Ethnic Pride as the failure to properly assimilate to the American Way of Life, and worse, taking fiendish and diabolical delight in flaunting that failure. And exactly like how African Americans who desire to get ahead, study in school, and succeed in life are accused of "Acting wh***y"; White Ethnics who, similarly, desire to properly assimilate are accused of "Self Hate". "Self Hate", I would say, is a form of deceptive language, implemented in THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA to confuse and obfuscate things.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Feb 2018, 2:26 pm

TwinRuler wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

The last should be the most obvious. Franklin Delano Roosevelt liked to play different types of Whites against each other, in America. It was a divide and conquer scheme.

Could you perhaps give an example?
Quote:
And, of course, as far as Sir Winston Churchill was concerned, any not 100% on the side of the British Empire over The Third Reich, was 100% on the side of The Third Reich over The British Empire. One could say that said British Empire, much like The Third Reich, was built upon racism and brutality. Still, Churchill knew Roosevelt would go along.

You see, if The United States of America dared to so much as stay out, declare itself neutral, then Canadian troops, and British troops stationed in Canada, would invade from the North. Do not think for a moment that the British would not do that. For they would have done just that. Look up, Plan Red, sometime. To do so, one would see that would have actually happened!

... War Plan Red was an American plan, not a British one. It was developed in 1927, when Hitler was still banned from public speaking. It grew out of paranoia, not because Churchill wanted to invade North America to get back at the US for not opposing Nazism.
TwinRuler wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
I think defining "the American way of life" as "self hatred" is bizarre.

Okay, how does one define Ethnic Pride? I define Ethnic Pride as the failure to properly assimilate to the American Way of Life,

This is clearly an unsuitable definition. Am I ethnically proud just because I am not American? Are there not plenty of assimilated Americans who display ethnic pride?
TwinRuler wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
German Americans have always outnumbered British Americans.

Come now. I find that very hard to believe. Now, suppose, in terms of numbers, the German Americans really do outnumber British Americans? I doubt it. But, suppose you are correct? Sheer numbers does not, necessarily translate into more political power, more wealth, or more status in society. Remember, in Apartheid South Africa, Blacks outnumbered their White overlords. Still, the Blacks of Apartheid South Africa had almost nil power.

The British Americans, those of English blood to be more precise, do still have power and authority, in this society, and lots of it. They certainly had it during The World Wars, which, i would advance the argument, is precisely why America took the side of Great Britain over Germany, with the German Americans having precious little to do about it.

The numbers are widely available. The Wikipedia page on German-Americans is a good read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Americans

The reason America entered the war on the side of the Allies is well-known - the Axis attacked Pearl Harbour.

While I believe (without checking) the founding fathers were mostly English or of English descent, I don't think that's universally been the case. The Roosevelts were of Dutch descent, while the Delanos were from French Belgium. Eisenhower is obviously German-American. Richard Nixon's mother's maiden name was Milhaus. Donald Trump is of German and Scottish ancestry. Ronald Reagan had two Irish grandparents, one English grandparent, and one Scottish grandparent. The Kennedy family are Irish. Obama's mother was German-American. Behind the scenes, the Koch brothers, Rockefeller, Chrystler, Goldman Sachs, Musk, Gates, Jobs, Dell, Eric Schmidt, Hilton, Pfizer, Guggenheim, Kraft, Kissinger, Boeing, and Disney...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 2:44 pm

We would have probably entered WW II on the side of the Allies eventually......Pearl Harbor just accelerated the process.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 2:45 pm

The_Walrus wrote:

Quote:
For instance, Racial Integration of Schools was never about lifting up the Negro to the level of Whites (whether German American or other), but rather about exposing the less intelligent Whites to the Negro subculture, and all bad habits and behavior thereof.

Not gonna lie, this sounds pretty racist to me, even if you disregard the dated language (which you should seriously reconsider). I'm struggling to see how it even makes sense within your framework.

To be fair, I don't think his use of the term "Negro" is out dated in his personal/cultural context...(assuming he isn't an American...)
I think it more a cultural misunderstanding...
I may be an exception to the rule here in Australia, but the term "Negro" is neither offensive nor out dated to me...
I do believe it is more "hip" to use the term "blacks", but I think there might be an element of posing in this, here in Australia, hence my slight discomfort/ambivalence when using it...
I'm an old fart, remember... :wink:

So you are saying it is better to use the term: "blacks"?
And can you confirm whether or not "Negro" is or isn't a politically incorrect term in America?

I do agree with you that the OP is more than a little erratic in his presentations...
He must be autistic or something... :mrgreen:
Executive function problems...perhaps?
Quote:
Most people on the autism spectrum have some degree of impaired executive function.

https://musingsofanaspie.com/executive-function-series/

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 3:03 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
We would have probably entered WW II on the side of the Allies eventually......Pearl Harbor just accelerated the process.

The American people had a very strong bias towards isolationism at the time...
The establishment had a great deal of difficulty in changing/influencing that initially...

It has often been suggested that the attack on Peal harbour was allowed to happen without any major defensive action so as to incense the general American population against the Axis...
To create a moral outrage which unambiguously unified public opinion...

While this isn't an actual fact, to my knowledge, it is an obvious strategy which has been used before and presumably, used many times before...
The human psyche is appalling, after all...<shrug>