Am I too damaged to be fixed?

Page 3 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 8:51 pm

<--- Does not want the US to be destroyed. Live in a redneck area? Move away from it. Buy a used car and live in it for a while. I did.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 2:42 am

auntblabby wrote:
smudgedhorizon wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Most users on the forum, including the American members, want the US to be destroyed!

What's this supposed to mean?

revolution, perhaps after the French model.
You want to chop off the heads of your aristocracy
Quote:
a lot of us also want some liberté, égalité,
You want the freedom to chop off everyone's head
Quote:
et fraternité as well.
Even your brother's :o

Well that's how I read it. Oh, go on then, since you're Father Christmas :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 3:00 am

^^^ :lmao:

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 9:38 am

Marknis

Sometimes I wonder if I am

A lost cause

Too far gone

Beyond repair

Slacker

Burnout

Lazy

Scared

Apathetic

Wise

You can change the past

The insurance pays for two years counseling. But that is just talking. Not doing. "Actions speak louder than words"

Once every other week. One hour each time

The insurance pays the counselor 75 bucks each time

The counselor told me

The counselor has no authority to intervene in the situation

Exception:. 5150, filling insurance forms

The counselor can say whatever she wants

But so can everyone else

And I was 33 when I fist met her

"A day late, a dollar short"

Should have met her age ten. Lifetime of counseling. More than once a week. And more professionals. With skill. And more power

In "Not My Boy", RJs dad wrote that he paid 160 000 bucks a year for professional services for his autistic child

RJ was not even ten years old

The professional services that might :roll: help :roll: cost more money than I have ever earned

In "no excuses" Kyle Maynard. Allegedly climbed Mt Everest . Or something. Kyle was successful. Even though he had no arms or legs. Kyle's mom said (supposedly), nobody is allowed to help Kyle. Maybe that policy, made Kyle more independent and successful

But in any event I am 34 years old. Older than kyle and RJ

Anything anyone does, including myself, has a much smaller potential for "help" or "harm", than it would have done, when I was five years old

SSRI, MAOI, beta blockers, occupational therapy, speech therapy

Costs a lot of money

And they have side effects

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 1:46 pm

smudgedhorizon wrote:
Are you into filming wildlife, Marknis? You can retreat to the world of nature and make some nice pics. Or launch a YouTube channel. This way your chance to get popularity among women is much higher. And you don't need to go to those bars you describe. I don't go to such places and have no regrets.

No, I hardly even use my own cellphone camera. I also don't live in a good area to film wildlife even if I had the interest. Having a YouTube also aren't guaranteed to make one more popular with women. I've seen some channels made by guys who can't get girlfriends and having those channels didn't make a difference for them.

kraftiekortie wrote:
Hey Marknis, what you said could scare some people.

Where did you get that idea?

Look at some of the more vehement posts in PPR and News.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 1:59 pm

Marknis wrote:
I feel like I am too "damaged" as a person to ever get better. I want a better life but all I get are walls at everything I do. I keep getting the message that I can't move forward and I should just disappear. I am no longer "new"; I didn't achieve certain expectations in my developmental years so I feel like an outdated product that should be thrown away. :(

You’re not damaged. You just need to work on changing your thinking a bit. You seem like someone who is capable of aches more, but you need to believe in yourself.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 2:15 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Marknis wrote:
I feel like I am too "damaged" as a person to ever get better. I want a better life but all I get are walls at everything I do. I keep getting the message that I can't move forward and I should just disappear. I am no longer "new"; I didn't achieve certain expectations in my developmental years so I feel like an outdated product that should be thrown away. :(

You’re not damaged. You just need to work on changing your thinking a bit. You seem like someone who is capable of aches more, but you need to believe in yourself.

Aches?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 2:18 pm

Marknis wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Aches?

Autocorrect. It should say “much”.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 6:36 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Marknis wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Aches?

My thought patterns have been the way they are since I was 17. If it takes another 12 years to fix my thinking, I should just kill myself already.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 3:02 am

Marknis wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Marknis wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Aches?

My thought patterns have been the way they are since I was 17. If it takes another 12 years to fix my thinking, I should just kill myself already.

What changed at 17?

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 3:20 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
Marknis wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Marknis wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Aches?

What changed at 17?

I realized I wasn't getting a girlfriend no matter how much I prayed or wanted one while my classmates were constantly dating, I still wasn't in a rock band but other people I knew were, I sucked at drawing no matter how hard I tried but even people younger than me were creating well done drawings, and my difficulties with math made my career prospects look bleak. It was like everything around me was falling apart and my brain was being marinated in some sort of disgusting bile.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 4:30 am

I didn’t realize I doomed to be alive me forever and worthless until I was 25/26
Until then I actually thought I’d meet and have a gf and be married by now with kids
I was naive and stupid.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 4:33 am

I correctly deduced that it was hopeless for me, by the time I reached my 20s. I learned my limitations as a human being early on. hope can be a stubborn thing, though, and I only lost total hope by my 40s, which was when I became a hermit. :alien:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 5:32 am

auntblabby wrote:
I correctly deduced that it was hopeless for me, by the time I reached my 20s. I learned my limitations as a human being early on. hope can be a stubborn thing, though, and I only lost total hope by my 40s, which was when I became a hermit. :alien:

No offense but that’s really not encouraging to here.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 3:00 pm

sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

No offense but that’s really not encouraging to here.

i'm sorry, it was not my intention to cause you pain. it WAS my intention to AT-ONE with you, that you will know you're in the same boat with lotsa other folk. it is my hope that we all can put our heads together and figure better ways to cope with our limitations. it is not my intention to deter others from struggling against them. since this is a support forum for people to share their experiences, I was just sharing mine also.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 4:45 pm

Quote:
What changed at 17?

Marknis wrote:
quote=""I realized I wasn't getting a girlfriend no matter how much I prayed or wanted one while my classmates were constantly dating, I still wasn't in a rock band but other people I knew were, I sucked at drawing no matter how hard I tried but even people younger than me were creating well done drawings, and my difficulties with math made my career prospects look bleak. It was like everything around me was falling apart and my brain was being marinated in some sort of disgusting bile.

I was 19 when I got my first girlfriend.