Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2018, 12:04 pm

First off, who else feels a little messed-up since completing that game? I find my mind's been dwelling on it; I think it affected me in a way I don't understand yet. I seems almost cruel.

Secondly, if you saw it, don't you think the post-credits scene was entirely unnecessary and a little too on-the-nose? I almost said out loud "oh come on now, that was uncalled for" (no pun intended).

I liked playing as Chloe, but within 5 minutes I was checking IMDB to found the voice actor was replaced (due to industrial action at the time of recording). That put me off-kilter at the start, but I came to accept the change.

It wasn't perfect. Sometimes the plotpoints were forced or pointlessly obscured, and the 3d models sometimes lacked something (my God, Chloe's "objectives" hand). You are somewhat slow-walked and rail-roaded, because you know where it's all leading, so sometimes choices felt like you were being pushed towards one particular option. The overall writing and atmosphere was good, though. You have no trouble believing the Rachel-Chloe relationship, although I think it's more implied why they didn't drive off in to the sunset than explained; I would have liked something a little more concrete.

I think it's going to be a while before I go for a second playthrough. Anyway, those are my brain-dribbles... Thoughts?

*****EXPECT SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD*****

Sleepycat001
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2018, 11:00 pm

That game was very depressing didn't enjoy it

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 2:02 am

I haven't played the third episode. I'll get back to it at some point but to be honest not much about the first two episodes really grabbed me the way the original game did. I don't mind that the arc is more of a personal story rather than some big thriller mystery but it's also just not that interesting, treading over a lot of ground the original game hinted as backstory, with glacial pacing.