Why the government deny aspies their destiny to die in battl

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 3:56 pm

auntblabby wrote:
there are few things more futile, than dying in battle. off the top of me head I can think of a dozen things that are less futile.

Disagree, living a long worthless burdening life and then dying is futile, giving your life to better your nation and save others is honorable

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 3:59 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...I seem to recall that the U.S. military's policy at this time is that admitted Aspergers's was a keep-out for enlisting* but, if caught once you were inside you could still continue with your enlistment (Presumably presuming reasonable competence), it was not a ticket out of an enlistment in either a positive (getting out if you wanted out) or negative (getting mustered out if you didn''t want to/getting an OTH).sense.
Sly, is your Aspie-ness perhaps enough not on the record that you could possibly go to another county or state and join from there where you aren't well-known, just not mentioning it there ?
I recall this " severely autistic - but hunky/strong - kid played along by unethical Marine?? recriiter and got shipped off to camp before his parents found out " case being discussed here before, can anyone direct me to a full discussion of it?
*-A few years back I hung around the Military.com forum a bit, the question of Aspie enlistment was discussed, the forum guy who answered was pretty gung-holy defending/parrotting (Existing?) military policy of " It's a PDQ "...I guess, get shut out of enlisting/thrown out Pretty D__n ( 8O !) Quick - That an established military slang term? - BUUTT, it occurs to me...

It’s on my record I get ssdi from it. The recruiters would have to fight to get me a us militsry doctors to examine me and say I’m ok for service and do a medical waiver,
They wanted non of it, army wouldn’t even see me, the marine recruiter’s boss just said no and walked away.

Double sucks when people insult me and call me a coward for not serving.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 4:00 pm

auntblabby wrote:
the entry level jobs for folks sans shingle, are gone, so the recruiters basically have their quotas filled by more or less desperate working class people who have no other options. sly's problem is bad timing, in this regard.

I should been born in the 1900s so I’d been older enough to fight in ww2 maybe die on the beaches of Normandy

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 5:14 pm

... You live somewhere, I recall you saying, where a lot of people join the miitary. My suggestion about trying somewhere else that doesn't get as many recruits - in case it' s viable, 'll repeat it.

"]

ASS-P wrote:
...I seem to recall that the U.S. military's policy at this time is that admitted Aspergers's was a keep-out for enlisting* but, if caught once you were inside you could still continue with your enlistment (Presumably presuming reasonable competence), it was not a ticket out of an enlistment in either a positive (getting out if you wanted out) or negative (getting mustered out if you didn''t want to/getting an OTH).sense.
Sly, is your Aspie-ness perhaps enough not on the record that you could possibly go to another county or state and join from there where you aren't well-known, just not mentioning it there ?
I recall this " severely autistic - but hunky/strong - kid played along by unethical Marine?? recriiter and got shipped off to camp before his parents found out " case being discussed here before, can anyone direct me to a full discussion of it?
*-A few years back I hung around the Military.com forum a bit, the question of Aspie enlistment was discussed, the forum guy who answered was pretty gung-holy defending/parrotting (Existing?) military policy of " It's a PDQ "...I guess, get shut out of enlisting/thrown out Pretty D__n ( 8O !) Quick - That an established military slang term? - BUUTT, it occurs to me...

It’s on my record I get ssdi from it. The recruiters would have to fight to get me a us militsry doctors to examine me and say I’m ok for service and do a medical waiver,
They wanted non of it, army wouldn’t even see me, the marine recruiter’s boss just said no and walked away.

Double sucks when people insult me and call me a coward for not serving.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 8:26 pm

I dont know I’d say a lot join, just all my friends did. It’s a liberal area.
That recruiter really wanted me. Anyways now the military is in post war downsizing.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 8:38 pm

It wouldn't have been a very glorious death to die on the Beaches of Normandy.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 11:18 pm

Mudboy wrote:
sly279 wrote:
There was also a case where they recruited a serve autistic kid and his parents sued.

It just sucks my only use was to serve in and die in the military in some war.

I don't think a severe autistic would make it through basic training. One third of my unit did not pass. Fortunately my meltdowns were seen as losing my temper, and reasonably isolating myself a little to calm down. Meltdowns later in my career were ignored as decompression from combat stress (also considered normal).

As for dying, you are much more valuable and much more fun to be around if you are alive. You seem to have a very good grasp of history. Patton said "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." Mal from Serenity said "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back" only faster.

Only Mudboy has kind of stated what I'm about to.

ASD or not, why would any military in any country want to enlist someone who's OBJECTIVE was to die in battle? :? That's not someone willing to accept a suicide mission for the betterment of their country. That's someone who's suicidal, period. Why on Earth would any military want someone like that on their team? They could jeopardize a mission, or worse, indirectly cause the deaths of their fellow teammates because they were too focused on suicide-by-enemy-combatant to do their job & protect themselves and their fellow soldiers.

It's one thing to be ASD in the military (Actually, there are MANY pros to HFA people in military roles, and that's why there have been, and are, many Aspies in military & Law Enforcement jobs around the world. Rigid structure, following orders, believing in rules, and for some Aspies remaining completely calm in high stress situations etc - which is why military and LEO careers are frequently chosen by people like us.), but it's entirely another to be suicidal in the military.

Big difference between having the balls to accept a suicide mission trying to protect others or your country's citizens & simply being suicidally depressed and utilizing a military enemy to carry out the task. Especially since it puts others at risk, both in the situation as well as citizens at home. Imagine going into battle with the suicidal intent of being killed and then because of not doing your job to the best of your ability as a soldier, now all of the rest of your fellow soldier teammates are killed, the battle lost, and the extrapolated result is decreased safety at home for the citizens you're supposed to be fighting on the behalf of now that the enemy can just steamroll through with their plans of eventually attacking the USA. Unlikely, but just pointing out how incredibly WRONG it would be for anyone to use their position as a soldier for suicide-by-enemy-combatant. It's comparable to suicide-by-cop.

Aspies shouldn't necessarily be prevented from military service, IMO. But the suicidally depressed? Yes. They are a danger to themselves, their teammates, and their country. No way I'd view that death as noble like accepting a suicide mission in order to advance one's military's position or save one's country. No way in hell. It'd be incredibly cowardly to put so many other lives at risk for one's own suicide-by-enemy.

All that said, the French foreign legion will let pretty much anyone die for them. Go sign up. Just be prepared for the possibility that one of your own fellow soldiers does you in if he thinks you're a risk to him and others like I just described above.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 2:49 am

My destiny to die in combat is not the same as trying to get killed or endangering others to try to get killed.
Freak off and leave me alone. Yiu just follow me around and twist my words.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 3:39 am

sly279 wrote:
My destiny to die in combat is not the same as trying to get killed or endangering others to try to get killed.

I didn't twist anything.

You post about your suicidal thoughts almost every single day.

In this very thread you've indicated that your intent of serving in a military capacity is to be killed, not to do your very best as a soldier with the hope of returning home safe and sound after you've served your country.

That's called trying to use your role as a soldier to facilitate your own suicide at the hands of another.

Damn near the same thing as those who commit suicide by cop. The only saving grace of a difference is that it's the enemy soldier's job to kill you so maybe s/he wouldn't be so traumatized by doing it, the cop on the other hand I would feel sorry for being forced into having to do such a terrible thing to a distressed suicidal citizen.

It's completely unbecoming of a military man to go into battle with the intent of being killed. Absolutely terrible attitude towards military service, your fellow soldiers, and your country. Suicide by combat is not a good idea for anyone, especially since, as I pointed out, it could endanger the lives of others.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 4:28 am

department of the army, in recruiting GIs, doesn't care where you're from in terms of recruiting mandates. so you could be from a poor part of town or a rich part of town, they still will recruit who they have to recruit [those who meet DA standards] to meet quota.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 4:34 am

goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:

I didn't twist anything.

You post about your suicidal thoughts almost every single day.

In this very thread you've indicated that your intent of serving in a military capacity is to be killed, not to do your very best as a soldier with the hope of returning home safe and sound after you've served your country.

That's called trying to use your role as a soldier to facilitate your own suicide at the hands of another.

Damn near the same thing as those who commit suicide by cop. The only saving grace of a difference is that it's the enemy soldier's job to kill you so maybe s/he wouldn't be so traumatized by doing it, the cop on the other hand I would feel sorry for being forced into having to do such a terrible thing to a distressed suicidal citizen.

It's completely unbecoming of a military man to go into battle with the intent of being killed. Absolutely terrible attitude towards military service, your fellow soldiers, and your country. Suicide by combat is not a good idea for anyone, especially since, as I pointed out, it could endanger the lives of others.

It’s it’s called it’d joined to serve and fight for my country like I wanted to, dying would just been the likely outcome. Tons of people died in Iraq. I’m unlucky so I’d probably been one of them. Looking back now it’s all I’m good for and was denied.

So again leave me alone. Coming in here and accusing me of stuff is violation of haven rules.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 4:40 am

sly279 wrote:
It’s it’s called it’d joined to serve and fight for my country like I wanted to, dying would just been the likely outcome. Tons of people died in Iraq. I’m unlucky so I’d probably been one of them. Looking back now it’s all I’m good for and was denied.

So again f**k off and leave me alone. Coming in here and accusing me of stuff is violation of haven rules.

You didn't post that at all.

You posted that you've been denied dying in military combat. Not that you've been denied the ability to serve your country in a military capacity, but that you've been denied the method of death you'd prefer to taking your own life - I'd imagine because of the religious beliefs you hold, as you've also stated.. fearing sinning & hell as a result of suicide.

I also did not make up the fact that you post about your suicidal thoughts almost every day. It's okay to share those things (especially when seeking treatment for depression), but IMO it's not okay to commit suicide by combat for all the reasons I posted - mainly because it endangers others, even if unintentionally. It does. Not doing as you're supposed to do as a soldier to the best of your ability with the intent of returning home safely puts others in danger and thus suicidally depressed people ought to be discourage from seeking military service positions. Further, they ought to be screened and prevented from serving, too, as it's a weakness that could be lethal to fellow soldiers.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 4:50 am

I also didn’t post I wanted to join so I could commit suicide, you just assumed it.

Leave me alone. I do t like you you think I’m horrible and have so unhealthy obsession with me. You’re part of the reason I feel like dying some days but yiu just won’t leave me alone. If you were doing it in person I’d filled for a restraining order.

Again how I feel now is not how I felt 12 years ago. I wanted to go fight and serve my nation like all my friends did. That was it. I’ve always liked the military. I’ve wanted to join since I was a kid. But aspies can’t join. It probably would made my life better until I died. Maybe I’d gotten a wife and kids like my friends who joine,d lots of women love men in uninforms. If not I’d probably died either way. I die all the time in combat games, either my luck sucks or I’m not good reaction times. Not thst it matters as people died just driving down a road in a humvee. I wouldn’t sought death nor gone down without a fight but death finds one in combat whether it’s wanted or not. Either way it’d been a much better life then what I have now. And that was the bloody point to my thread, that I’d rather died fighting for my nation the. Living as a unlovable burden to the world. But no yiu have to come twist it as me being a death by combat seeker that’d just been a danger to our troops .

Last edited by sly279 on 09 Feb 2018, 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 4:52 am

i think it's time to leave sly alone, goldfish.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 4:59 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i think it's time to leave sly alone, goldfish.

He can’t I truely believe he’s obsessed with me now.

Yeah I want to die, but I don’t. I’m just tired of existing how I am. And death seems the only escape for me. But I’m terrified of dying. I’d much rather live and have a gf and be happy. As I said above I wouldn’t wanted to die but death comes to anyone it just wouldn’t been better then this empty existence.

And I was having a decent conversation with aunty and assp

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 5:13 am

You didn't make a thread about wanting to serve your country, or wanting to come back and find a wife like others etc but you're denied military service due to your diagnosis. You made a thread about being denied your preferred method of death vs. flat out suicide. Big difference, and that's why I bothered to post in it to call out that line of thinking for your own sake and anyone else who may be reading it.

I am glad to read you write that you don't actually want to die and that you're tired of living the depressed existence that you do. I hope that those two things combined will be catalysts for you to seek some sort of treatment for your clinical depression, whether via your own self administered means or professional help. My offer to buy you a copy of an incredibly helpful and valuable book/audiobook on the topic still stands, sly. That was never ever made in jest. This is the book that's incredibly valuable to someone with your mindset, sly: (and I know it because I read it when I Needed to.) https://www.amazon.com/Feeling-Good-New ... eling+good

No one here wishes any ill will against you, sly, myself included. Everyone would like to see you improve your thinking, feeling, outlook on life & the world, and achieve the goals & wants you have. That's it, that's all. If I didn't care to see those things I wouldn't bother replying to your threads, and I most certainly wouldn't offer to pay for the tools that could help you change your life. But you're such a diffcult person I feel compelled to persist like I do with other difficult challenges in my life I refuse to give up on.