Why the government deny aspies their destiny to die in battl

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 5:13 am

You didn't make a thread about wanting to serve your country, or wanting to come back and find a wife like others etc but you're denied military service due to your diagnosis. You made a thread about being denied your preferred method of death vs. flat out suicide. Big difference, and that's why I bothered to post in it to call out that line of thinking for your own sake and anyone else who may be reading it.

I am glad to read you write that you don't actually want to die and that you're tired of living the depressed existence that you do. I hope that those two things combined will be catalysts for you to seek some sort of treatment for your clinical depression, whether via your own self administered means or professional help. My offer to buy you a copy of an incredibly helpful and valuable book/audiobook on the topic still stands, sly. That was never ever made in jest. This is the book that's incredibly valuable to someone with your mindset, sly: (and I know it because I read it when I Needed to.) https://www.amazon.com/Feeling-Good-New ... eling+good

No one here wishes any ill will against you, sly, myself included. Everyone would like to see you improve your thinking, feeling, outlook on life & the world, and achieve the goals & wants you have. That's it, that's all. If I didn't care to see those things I wouldn't bother replying to your threads, and I most certainly wouldn't offer to pay for the tools that could help you change your life. But you're such a diffcult person I feel compelled to persist like I do with other difficult challenges in my life I refuse to give up on.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 5:55 am

...No doubt! I do assume, though, that some regions, for whatever reason, might have more people who show up/ more of those people suiting army standards - and some less. DA = Department of the Army?

tblabby"]department of the army, in recruiting GIs, doesn't care where you're from in terms of recruiting mandates. so you could be from a poor part of town or a rich part of town, they still will recruit who they have to recruit [those who meet DA standards] to meet quota.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 10:48 am

Many people died in both Iraq and Vietnam.....but the percentage of people who died, versus people who served, was actually much less in Iraq.

Moreover, the likelihood that you would be put in combat/the front lines is probably less these days than in years past.

It is unlikely, should you have served in Iraq, that you would have been killed.

I have a confession to make: I would never had made it past Basic Training.

Yet I know I can serve my country honorably, anyway, in a non-military role. You don’t have to be in the military to serve your country honorably.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 8:37 pm

sly279 wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
i think it's time to leave sly alone, goldfish.

He can’t I truely believe he’s obsessed with me now.

Yeah I want to die, but I don’t. I’m just tired of existing how I am. And death seems the only escape for me. But I’m terrified of dying. I’d much rather live and have a gf and be happy. As I said above I wouldn’t wanted to die but death comes to anyone it just wouldn’t been better then this empty existence. And I was having a decent conversation with aunty and assp

the problem is that with today's advanced life support technology, the chances are very good you won't be allowed to die, but you may well suffer in physical disability/mental disability the rest of your artificially lengthened/preserved life. don't count on "suicide by op soldier."