How do you handle being asked deep personal things too soon?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 4:56 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I was literally asked "How much is your salary?" by girls on first dates - few times.

8O

ZZZTired
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Feb 2018, 8:13 pm

I doubt aspies have the ability to directly say no without offending the other person or without being too sensitive about it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Feb 2018, 11:02 pm

Personal questions like that would help let me know that the women is seriously interested in me. I'd be uncomfortable but mostly cuz I'd be afraid my answers would scare her off. I'd probably tell her but try to explain why my answers are weird & I'd also ask her similar personal questions.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

SSJ4_PrestonGarvey
Toucan
Toucan

18 Feb 2018, 11:18 pm

nick007 wrote:
Personal questions like that would help let me know that the women is seriously interested in me. I'd be uncomfortable but mostly cuz I'd be afraid my answers would scare her off. I'd probably tell her but try to explain why my answers are weird & I'd also ask her similar personal questions.

Some personal questions are fine but I think there needs to be a line. It's when it's clearly for evaluating purposes.

Would you be fine with being asked "What is your salary" or "How many sexual partners have you had" or "What kinds of sexual experiences have you had"?

I think later I'd be more cool about it but I'd be against it if it's the first date or even before the first date.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Feb 2018, 11:40 pm

SSJ4_PrestonGarvey wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Some personal questions are fine but I think there needs to be a line. It's when it's clearly for evaluating purposes.

Would you be fine with being asked "What is your salary" or "How many sexual partners have you had" or "What kinds of sexual experiences have you had"?

I think later I'd be more cool about it but I'd be against it if it's the first date or even before the first date.
I was pretty upfront about some stuff lots of guys wouldn't be & did mention things on my dating sites. I'd be uncomfortable with those questions because my answers would be very different than a typical guy's my age. I'd try to explain why & if she's still around I'd probably ask her something similar but it'd be out of curiosity than for evaluating purposes & I'd let her know that.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition