Page 9 of 13 [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:29 pm

Thank you, I was unaware of that from another moderator. There are limits and when they are continually breached, yes, warnings can be, have been and will be issued here.

However I would much prefer members supported the overall aims of the Haven and reflected that in their posting. All of us, in the forums as a whole, will at times find ourselves strongly disagreeing with a post. In other forums, this can lead to a vigorous exchange of viewpoints, which sometimes degenerates into point scoring posting, and attacking the poster rather than the post. But the Haven is not the place for that kind of response, and this is what I am seeking to guide members to be aware of.

In all forums, it is desirable to remember to comment on the post and not the poster, but especially so here. Let's work together to keep the Haven safe as it is intended to be.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:48 pm

B19 wrote:
Thank you, I was unaware of that from another moderator. There are limits and when they are continually breached, yes, warnings can be, have been and will be issued here.

Continually breached like this?:

ASS-P wrote:
I will say that the above-tbe-49th is a pompous ass, I don't think he has anything useful to say to me :x You're useless.

ASS-P wrote:
...Alright, buttwipe.

ASS-P wrote:
Why don't you go eat s*** and die :evil: ?????

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:54 pm

There have been multiple offenders in this thread, in a variety of ways. All are regrettable, and I am hesitant to issue multiple warnings given the pile on effect we have seen occur, so have chosen instead to make some general points about the ethos members are asked to remember and respect here.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:57 pm

Breached, perhaps. But I just want it noted that I've never complained about those comments towards me nor do I take great offence to them or want ASS-P banned, even temporarily. It's just his communication style. He's abrasive and that's okay. I'd rather he be here to have some sort of connection to the outside world as well as receive the guidance of several regular posters who help keep him on a healthier path in terms of seeking treatment for his ailments and healing vs. being left to his own free will that may result in his health declining - or worse.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:59 pm

B19 wrote:
There have been multiple offenders in this thread, in a variety of ways. All are regrettable, and I am hesitant to issue multiple warnings given the pile on effect we have seen occur, so have chosen instead to make some general points about the ethos members are asked to remember and respect here.

The biggest offender is ASS P himself, and i'm sure he posts this in the haven so he can get away with his BS.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:02 pm

Once again, please restrict Haven posting to comment on "posts not posters". No more personal attacks will be tolerated from this point, whoever makes them, and from this point they will be dealt with via formal warnings.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:12 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
B19 wrote:

The biggest offender is ASS P himself, and i'm sure he posts this in the haven so he can get away with his BS.

You haven't been around here long enough to "get," ASS-P nor understand the value he gets out of being here & why even those he directs negativity to (me) don't want to see him gone.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:14 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:
B19 wrote:

You haven't been around here long enough to "get," ASS-P nor understand the value he gets out of being here & why even those he directs negativity to (me) don't want to see him gone.

You are right, I truly don't. Mind explaining?

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:40 pm

It's just nice to help people who are in rather dire straits, as ASS-P is.

He is sort of a "mainstay" here. He's been homeless for a while. He really isn't a bad guy most of the time; he has sort of a sardonic sense of humor which can be funny (yet can be irritating if one is not in the right mood).

I do wish ASS-P would sort of tone down his "rhetoric." But it is sort of funny sometimes. Sometimes, exchanges with ASS-P can be really funny. Because of his sense of humor, and because of his "outrage."

People get on him, sometimes, for similar reasons as why people get on a kid who throws tantrums in class at school (I was that kid, by the way, so I can claim to understand).

Sometimes, people genuinely care, and the use the "tough love" approach. And ASS-P answers back in a funny way sometimes. But sometimes he just goes overboard.

People keep coming back for more because they do see the genuine intelligence and sense of humor of ASS-P. They also like it (perhaps subconsciously) when he flies off the handle. It's entertainment, sometimes. And sometimes, ASS-P does mean to entertain, though sometimes he's genuinely upset.

I truly wish ASS-P can get in a sort of situation where he has an apartment with his own bathroom. It's possible, given his multiple illnesses.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:44 pm

...This will b a shorter post because I am at the library (Yes, I was discharged from the hospital yesterday.) and that phone really may be now headed for Trigger and Mr. Ed's present place...........This may only occured to me later, but, in fact, something I left in the hospital room might be thrown away (And, BTW, remember my point about the nurse possibly feeling hurt if she saw her gift trashed?) ~ because I get put in isolation units every time I'm at that hospital :| . The thing is, some years ago I had MRSA, and, though it's long cured now, their policy (They have repeatedly stated that to me.) is that someone who had MRSA gets treated as if they still have it every time he is back there after that, tho', again, I DON'T HAVE IT ANYMORE...it was cured a ways ago.
They told me the last stay before this to only walk outside of my room when I had a brand-new, just put on, gown, when I walked the ward in my gow ~ Although my strttet clothes were okay too, oddly enough :? . The staff was not that strict about enforcing in on that ward ~ But, in general in fact :( , there was a thing of anyone who came into my room for any length was supposed to put on a hospital gown/whatever of some kind. This is sounding maybe too SF movie space landing depiction, it wasn't as extreme as that...but they did do that because of my past MRSA. And they did that with other people too.
So, I think a in-condition book I left might j :oops: est be thrown out, " just in case ".
I once again got sent to that cheap motel. For two nights, Ends tom'w morn., Sat. I am now planning to spend what would be about 2/3 of my now available money (based on the last time I bought extra days) because, flawed though it is, I am somewhat pained after gbeing up for any length of time :( . I'll try and get two more days there, Monday --- who knows? :| I really thing if I returned to a being-out-all-day with all of my luggage :cry: ituation again, I might degenerate again.
I am hoping for a rescue from the East Coast lawyer - HOPING - who I have been writing about getting the things of my brother sent,and whom I have now asked to send me some funds and especially arrange for me to have the motel room - Not much but I've got it now :o . - to staty there and rest some and, especially if/when I can get a new phone, start searching and doing initial calls in Santa Cruz, anyway, about storage facilities ~ However, this was a TOTALLY out of left field idea of mine, I have no real reason that even my logical argument that, just out of the hospital and still unsteady and having trouble staying up at length, he would actually respond to my pointing out that, handicapped and carless, I, though I thing I can find a storage place, I need some stability and to be able to, having that stability :( , start on storage-looking - I've mentioned my hospital stays and that I'm handicapped and carless and that the pre-hospital place is not suitable for me to immediately recover some, but I have not said that it was a shelter or that I'm HL :( . I DO NOT KNOW AT ALL that he will respond to this ~ oe, doing so, in time - This is an add-on to a letter I set him about a week ago asking to move forward and a resend of it yesterday?? - He didn't respond to any of them. There is ABSOLUTELY NO GUARANTEE that this will work. I just want to get a little good stability under me and try to move forward, and, based on the sitation now, I thought this might impress him.
He's not a fatherly figure, there's no guarentee that it will.
As I have said, I could just use good stability ~ I have tended to not be allowed that for DECADES and DECADES of my life, rushed/ordered " here!! !! ! " " No, There!! !! ! " and having the rug pulled out from me OVER AND OVER GAIN ~ That phone really seems to have reached its last round-up, podner, and I don't have do$h to replaceit now, I am at the library now using their computer=s (better) but I suppose I won't have the dough-ray-me for a new device for at least a week ~ And, since I tend to buy minutes by the month I've tnded to do the buying at the beginning of the month, so succeeding purchases will also be " first of the month " -financed.
There. Now some of you can return to screeching at me for being insufficiently Love Me Tender to a pair of dimestore gloves and telling me " How dare I!! !! !! !! ! " want to have any possessions at all :cry: .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:51 pm

Gloves don't take up much space. And you can wear them on cold days. Trashing them makes no sense whatsoever.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 6:01 pm

I already outlined why they weren't of use! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME THAT YOU SHOULD TELL ME WHAT TO DO?!?! ! :evil:
I suppose I'm not supposed to get angry at people ~ But DROP THE SUBJECT ALREADY.

Union"]Gloves don't take up much space. And you can wear them on cold days. Trashing them makes no sense whatsoever.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 6:03 pm

Sorry, must have missed it in a poorly typed rambling rant somewhere...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 6:04 pm

ASS-P: Sometimes, people just want to get a rise out of you.

They WANT you to get angry. They are entertained by it.

I know. Because the exact same thing used to happen to me.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 6:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
ASS-P: Sometimes, people just want to get a rise out of you.

They WANT you to get angry. They are entertained by it.

I know. Because the exact same thing used to happen to me.

That was never my intent, I assure you.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 6:09 pm

...Which you can't be bothered to read, eh? :twisted: :roll:

"RainbowUnion"]Sorry, must have missed it in a poorly typed rambling rant somewhere...[/quote]

Last edited by ASS-P on 23 Feb 2018, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.