Page 1 of 13 [ 202 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 2:53 am

The heading is (still) to-day' s date where I'm now writing this.
I am still in the hospital. I am watching a Western on Turned Classic Movies. It's obviously " modern - no older than mid-Sixties, color and wide-screen, I really presume more recent than that. I watch TCM when I'm in l'hospital. :D . I turned it on not know
ing what was on. It's nearly midnight now.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 4:28 am

Hi, ASS-P
It's 7 February here. 9.30 in the morning. I'm sitting in the hills in the middle of England... thousands of miles from you, but I'm sending you best wishes.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 6:17 am

...Thank you, Trueno :) . It is past 1:3] AM on Feb. 7th noe.
I was wrong about the age of the movie, it was HOW THE WEST WAS WON (1962). Foo! :x Now it's 1966 GRAND PRIX. I had trouble with the hospital guards yesterday. I wanted to walk outside on the hospital grounds as I had Thursday. After that, I was on major IV for a couple of days for my kidnsys (No causation suggested, just chronological order). I wanted to get back into the saddle, walk normally (which is with a crutch), especially since the post-amputation wound on the right of my right foot of months' existence is now bealed :D According to a medico, , as of a coupla ays ago, so I presume it's better now still. Starting on the 6th, IIRC, I started telling the hospital that I wanted to outside-walk again, with me accompanied by a staff member as one had on Thursday's. The 6th had been thr day that the day that, off the IV, I baby-stepped by walking around the ward in my gown and a touch out in the hall. I asked the 7th for a walk on the grounds to be arranged. By well past 4 PM it hadn't. Fully dressed, I walked out into the ward...and walked out the door Into the hall, the elevator, first floor and the grounds, alone. Later, hospital cops found me sitting at a picnic table on tbs grounds where I was finishing the lost earlier draft :cry: of my last post in the " I feel discouraged " line, which was later closed by the mods :( .
I was fixing to leave the table, finish my ex-cursion downstairs, and return to the ward. The cops said there waz hoopla/hoohhaah over my beinv gone from the ward, and ordered me to come upstairs now, or I would be discharged. I did not want that that moment, so I went.
B19, were you unhappy that I mis-posted your name in my last post? Is that why you locked it? It was a posting mistake; and I do have trouble with this tiny, breaking down, phone! :( Again, have you really read my more recent posts in that line? I think you'll find I was not asking for help from people and speaking about things I did and hoped to do more of!

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 6:34 am

Nice to know you're keeping the cops and hospital guards alert... it's what they get paid for. Keep 'em guessing but don't get thrown out.
Look after yourself.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 7:32 am

...It is now BLITHE SPIRIT (1945). The social worker had been looking at taking-care places in other towns. No such place in SC would have me :lol: ! I said that I did not want to leave SC. I outlined in that last closed line some of the highly practical reasons for staying in SC. I brought up the RCC again, she was unsure about getting in- I have now thought that, if that truly cannot be arranged, I suppose I could take the Salvation Army shelter that exists downtown - though I suppose, even if I had a bed for a while they perhaps wouldn't have an ability to leave my stuff during the daytime, in which case I would have to throw out much of the contents of my two " everything I have " pieces of luggage, as they are far too full to carry :( .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 7:56 am

Are those places in “other towns” apartments, rather than shelters?

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 8:28 am

ASS-P wrote:
...Thank you, Trueno :) . It is past 1:3] AM on Feb. 7th noe.
I was wrong about the age of the movie, it was HOW THE WEST WAS WON (1962). Foo! :x Now it's 1966 GRAND PRIX. I had trouble with the hospital guards yesterday. I wanted to walk outside on the hospital grounds as I had Thursday. After that, I was on major IV for a couple of days for my kidnsys (No causation suggested, just chronological order). I wanted to get back into the saddle, walk normally (which is with a crutch), especially since the post-amputation wound on the right of my right foot of months' existence is now bealed :D According to a medico, , as of a coupla ays ago, so I presume it's better now still. Starting on the 6th, IIRC, I started telling the hospital that I wanted to outside-walk again, with me accompanied by a staff member as one had on Thursday's. The 6th had been thr day that the day that, off the IV, I baby-stepped by walking around the ward in my gown and a touch out in the hall. I asked the 7th for a walk on the grounds to be arranged. By well past 4 PM it hadn't. Fully dressed, I walked out into the ward...and walked out the door Into the hall, the elevator, first floor and the grounds, alone. Later, hospital cops found me sitting at a picnic table on tbs grounds where I was finishing the lost earlier draft :cry: of my last post in the " I feel discouraged " line, which was later closed by the mods :( .
I was fixing to leave the table, finish my ex-cursion downstairs, and return to the ward. The cops said there waz hoopla/hoohhaah over my beinv gone from the ward, and ordered me to come upstairs now, or I would be discharged. I did not want that that moment, so I went.
B19, were you unhappy that I mis-posted your name in my last post? Is that why you locked it? It was a posting mistake; and I do have trouble with this tiny, breaking down, phone! :( Again, have you really read my more recent posts in that line? I think you'll find I was not asking for help from people and speaking about things I did and hoped to do more of!

ASS-P, as long as you're a patient of theirs you have to follow their rules. If they say don't go outside then don't go outside. That's why you were discharged from that other place. Do you want to get better and healthier? Then follow their f*****g rules and your doctor's advice. Don't f*****g go to McDonalds. Don't go to college at least at this time. Put off on trying to get your brothers stuff. Quit trying to do the mineral rights thing. ASS-P you may have to accept certain things as sunken costs. No one, including GF, is laughing at you or wants your stuff destroyed but practicality says you may. Practicalty says you may have to switch your focus on some things to others and what you should be focusing on is your f*****g health. Quit being so goddamned stubborn with your health. Do what the doctors and hospital staff tell you to do. God f*****g damn dude!

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 10:48 am

ASS-P wrote:
...It is now BLITHE SPIRIT (1945). The social worker had been looking at taking-care places in other towns. No such place in SC would have me :lol: ! I said that I did not want to leave SC. I outlined in that last closed line some of the highly practical reasons for staying in SC. I brought up the RCC again, she was unsure about getting in- I have now thought that, if that truly cannot be arranged, I suppose I could take the Salvation Army shelter that exists downtown - though I suppose, even if I had a bed for a while they perhaps wouldn't have an ability to leave my stuff during the daytime, in which case I would have to throw out much of the contents of my two " everything I have " pieces of luggage, as they are far too full to carry :( .

Dude, just take what you can get. Beggers can't be choosers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 10:54 am

If it's an apartment in another town, especially if it has good public transportation, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

I can sort of understand ASS-P's reluctance to take an apartment in an area without good public transportation----but I'd still take it, nevertheless.

Especially if it has its own bathroom.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 10:59 am

@ASS-P. Are you on any apartment's waiting list in Santa Cruz? BTW, I missed the reasons you'd outlined why it was important for you to stay in SC in the first place. What were they?

Omniel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2018, 11:48 am

ASS-P wrote:

You have to be able to follow rules to have input in where you want to go. Since the rules at the hospital haven't been followed (you just deciding to go outside and them having to find you), I doubt the social worker will spend a lot of energy looking for places you like. Cooperation goes 2 ways, you cooperate with rules, they cooperate by trying harder to find somewhere acceptable to you.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 1:39 pm

...Okay, here goes. :x Perhaps I did not emphasize some points enough, or spell them out sufficiently. I spent 4-plus hours, I thought, recharging this phone, only something happened and such charging didn't. I can,t recheck what I wrote :(.
KK, it was not a regular apartment, and I do not know at all that it was ANY kind of firm offer.
RR I am not on any waiting list.. My going out problems, even when I am out of actual hospital, have prevented that. With ability to go out, perhaps I could.
If I hang around in a hospital room not walking, my ability to walk will degenerate. I believe I am past the point of diminishing returns in my weight going down and my foot healing, I am pretty good there now :D - I don't believe I needs to hang around a bospital to get more.
A very major compelling reason to want to be out is to try and start the clock ticking on the long wait there will br in following up with seeing the eye doctor whom I saw here, the hospital/he said to me that I really have to see him at his office, with more equipment, to do more. Beyond this, I have a prescription for prescription glasses written while I was at the rehab from a medical place here, but, I must do much following up on it. Still additionally, a lesser possibility for getting dentudentures exists here in SC as well. There's three very compelling reasons to stay in SC right there and now before you. NO, the hospital will not " drive me to appointments " if you're going to say that! :skull: 8O If I scooted to San Jose I would have to start this all over. :x Or are you going to suggest that I houf-long by bus commute forth and back commute to SC from there :x?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 1:46 pm

I commute 1 1/2 to 2 hours each way to work every day. On three forms of transportation.

If you can get an "actual" apartment within a one hour commute to/from SC, I'd take it, and don't look back.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 1:51 pm

...CU, you are obsessing over the college thing, which I don't talk about anymore, and you've reached the point of clearly vicariously feeling noble for taking things away from others " because it's for their own good ", the royalties and my brother's things. Also, CAN'T YOU SEE THAT A FOLLOW-UP WITH THE EYE DOCTOR IS THE BEST THING I CAN DO FOR MY EYES NOW :x ? MAYBE I did not " spell that out " sufficiently above - I wish there was a " sigh " emoticon. I have to see him!! ! :x

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 2:04 pm

It would be excellent if you would see the eye doctor.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 2:09 pm

...YOUR SITUATION HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH MY SITUATION! You have a home, regular situation, and more cash gettable easily, which I have not! :x
There was ABSOLUTELY NO " ACTUAL APARTMENT " OFFERED ANYWHERE! WHERE did you get that idea?! ! :x
I am having INCREDIBLE troubles with this nearly powerless phone! :x I must sign off now.
Agreed on the eye doctor!

tie"]I commute 1 1/2 to 2 hours each way to work every day. On three forms of transportation.

If you can get an "actual" apartment within a one hour commute to/from SC, I'd take it, and don't look back.[/quote]
n