Page 11 of 13 [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 2:15 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
^ Because you're being obnoxious and unhelpful about it, and it's pissing people off.

I tried talking to you as a forum member to get you to lay-off, but it became necessary to hit you over the head with a frying pan.

Myself and the rest of the moderation team suspects you have some rather significant TOM issues, but we can't let you run about like a bull in a china shop.

Didn't another moderator in this thread post that it was against forum rules to diagnose other forum members with anything? :? Also interesting.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 2:18 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
^ Because you're being obnoxious and unhelpful about it, and it's pissing people off.

I tried talking to you as a forum member to get you to lay-off, but it became necessary to hit you over the head with a frying pan.

Myself and the rest of the moderation team suspects you have some rather significant TOM issues, but we can't let you run about like a bull in a china shop.

I have to agree if by TOM you mean Theory of Mind. He is also arrogant, condescending, and cant fathom why his enema cures have not eradicated autism wherever it exists the whole world over.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 2:24 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

I have to agree if by TOM you mean Theory of Mind. He is also arrogant, condescending, and cant fathom why his enema cures have not eradicated autism wherever it exists the whole world over.

You're being ridiculous & off topic. I've already addressed your anti-treatment posts and have stated that I don't care if you choose not to treat yourself in any way nor if you don't think ASD should be treated, but that's not going to stop me from doing so nor sharing how it's improved my life. If it's not for you, don't do it.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 2:27 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

Didn't another moderator in this thread post that it was against forum rules to diagnose other forum members with anything? :? Also interesting.

"Suspecting" is not the same thing as "diagnosing."

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 2:28 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

Gotcha. So it's kosher if I post anything I suspect you or other forum members of possibly having a diagnosis of then?

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 2:31 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

Gotcha. So it's kosher if I post anything I suspect you or other forum members of possibly having a diagnosis of then?

Rock out with your c_ck out.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 2:37 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

You're being ridiculous & off topic. I've already addressed your anti-treatment posts and have stated that I don't care if you choose not to treat yourself in any way nor if you don't think ASD should be treated, but that's not going to stop me from doing so nor sharing how it's improved my life. If it's not for you, don't do it.

I object to any development of a cure or treatment whatsoever. Yes, arrogant, condescending, pissing people off, no TOM, believes in things rigidly in spite of the evidence...all Aspie stuff you claim to have cured in yourself. Perhaps you need another anal douche.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 3:14 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

I object to any development of a cure or treatment whatsoever. Yes, arrogant, condescending, pissing people off, no TOM, believes in things rigidly in spite of the evidence...all Aspie stuff you claim to have cured in yourself. Perhaps you need another anal douche.

You're free to object development of cures or treatments all you want.. that isn't going to stop me or others from doing those things. Again, your objection ought to be a personal decision one for yourself. If you don't want to treat your ASD symptoms in any way by any method whether medicine or counselling, then don't. But it's not your place to make that decision for anyone else but you.

It's akin to some hyper religious person suggesting cancer treatments ought not to exist because according to their beliefs their god intends for that person to get sick and die. Well, that's fine if that person gets cancer and decides to let it kill them vs. treat it, but it's not their place to decide for anyone else, nor whether cancer treatments should even exist as an option. They do & the decision is in the hands of each individual patient. Granted, this is an example of a terminal illness & ASD isn't necessarily terminal (unless you count the high suicide rates) so go ahead and substitute any other medical condition that has a treatment. Eczema, for example.. you're free to suffer and itch all you want, others are free to alleviate their symptoms via dietary changes and topical lotions whether you think they should treat themselves or not.

Believe what in spite of what evidence? We were so close to a breakthrough the other day when you posted saying you knew things about biology that would refute my claims.. I asked you to post them as I was genuinely curious what it was you knew that would completely invalidate my experience of life over the last 5 years & you didn't respond. :( I'm leaning waaaaay towards it being because you have no knowledge or evidence to share. But please, if you do, feel free to share with the group. :)

I know you're new here, but I've never claimed to cure anything. For ~5 years I've shared that I've devised an effective treatment protocol for my ASD symptoms and have been transparent about what it is. I've also been transparent about the fact that my symptoms fluctuate with my health.. with my diet, with the intervals between which I do things, and especially after taking antibiotics for any length of time that destroys the probiotics I take to balance my digestive system & in turn various neurological functions.

I'm definitely a man who's open to learning more, though, so if you know more that I can learn from and further improve my treatment protocol I'm all ears 24/7. :)

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 2:42 am

XFilesGeek wrote:

Ok, I don't understand. If you and the other mods believe GF has serious TOM issues then how can you claim he is being obnoxious? That makes no sense because being obnoxious takes deliberation. How can he be deliberately obxoxious if he lacks TOM or has TOM issues? That makes absolutely no sense.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 2:44 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

You know, I'm definely going to use this.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 6:13 am

I came back this thread for its latest entertainment value and it sure paid off.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 7:34 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

Ok, I don't understand. If you and the other mods believe GF has serious TOM issues then how can you claim he is being obnoxious? That makes no sense because being obnoxious takes deliberation. How can he be deliberately obxoxious if he lacks TOM or has TOM issues? That makes absolutely no sense.

No, you can be unintentionally obnoxious.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 8:44 am

Unintentionally obnoxious, offensive, annoying is a pretty common aspie trait.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 10:19 am

If being unintentionally obnoxious, offensive, annoying is a pretty common aspie trait, then by definition, GF has NOT cured his ASD. No?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 10:28 am

redrobin62 wrote:
If being unintentionally obnoxious, offensive, annoying is a pretty common aspie trait, then by definition, GF has NOT cured his ASD. No?

I don't like having to say so, but I've come to that conclusion a few times.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 10:36 am

Or maybe I should say minimize since, to my knowledge, GF hasn't said he cured his ASD.