Page 7 of 13 [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 8:33 pm

Yes. They give people a tent and a sleeping bag. I use a BiPap machine so I'm hoping the powers-that-be who run the shelter pull some strings and get me in a place where I can plug in my machine. If not, I'll just sleep in my car as I've done for years.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 8:37 pm

The odd thing is----is that I find cars very comfortable to sleep in. I've frequently stopped somewhere, and just dozed off.

I sometimes wish I could leave my wife and just sleep in my car. You can't sleep in your car in NYC, though.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 5:42 am

...For my health, the other nite: Is this a fall?
Getting up from my floor flat mattresses, I dragged myself up with the chair and my crutch, or thuslike.
Partway thru getting up, I lost my grip, and fell back on the mattresses. I did'nt hurt myself, fallifalling upon the mattresses, but I sure fell. More later.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 10:57 am

...The person sleeping on the mattress next to me wanted me to sleep elsewhere, being afraid of me falling on him. Maybe he moved, I slept in the same spot the next night.
In the shelter's men's room. there wish a standard marble-type loo floor, with a depression in the middle part for a drain
I almost tripped on that depression some - I thought " All I have to do is land on my knee and break it ", or similar :cry: .
Now. in the hispital, I am getting rest from the increasing.poain and non-balance and difficulty in getting myself up thst three days of carrying the ball & chain of all the luggage put upon me. I don't know what I'll do when I'm out of this, there appears to be no. situation that doesn't involve having to walk around - with my ball anf chain - all day :( .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 10:59 am

I know it's been cold in the mornings, too. In the 30's.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 11:52 am

ASS-P wrote:
Now. in the hispital, I am getting rest from the increasing.poain and non-balance and difficulty in getting myself up thst three days of carrying the ball & chain of all the luggage put upon me. I don't know what I'll do when I'm out of this, there appears to be no. situation that doesn't involve having to walk around - with my ball anf chain - all day :( .

Maybe all the more reason to think about what items are essential & which ones can go in order to lighten the load. Every ounce counts when you've gotta carry something all the time.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 12:01 pm

...Mr. Glove Worshipper: Why don't you go eat s*** and die :evil: ?????

ASS-P wrote:

Maybe all the more reason to think about what items are essential & which ones can go in order to lighten the load. Every ounce counts when you've gotta carry something all the time.[/quote]

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 12:08 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...Mr. Glove Worshipper: Why don't you go eat s*** and die :evil: ?????

ASS-P wrote:

Maybe all the more reason to think about what items are essential & which ones can go in order to lighten the load. Every ounce counts when you've gotta carry something all the time.
[/quote]

Because that sounds very unappealing compared to all the living I have left to do still. :)

Just sayin'.. there's Zero sense in lugging around anything you don't HAVE TO that isn't of use to you if it's such a terrible burden.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 12:17 pm

What bought you to L’hopital?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 1:17 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Just sayin'.. there's Zero sense in lugging around anything you don't HAVE TO that isn't of use to you if it's such a terrible burden.

You're wasting your time offering suggestions. Go back to your glove worshiping (whatever that means).

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 1:20 am

ASS-P wrote:
Why don't you go eat s*** and die :evil: ?????

If anyone said that to you here, they would probably get banned for it.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 7:21 am

...The ambulance :D. Ha, ha, ha. :mrgreen:.
Didn't I say? I wanted to, at least (1), give my body a day off - even a morning - from the crippling carrying of the luggage :cry: (2) perhaps a brief hospital stay, for a few days off, even (3) perhaps a able-to-leave-my-things :( situation being found while I was there.
Not only 1 but 2 happened. It would be nice if 3 would show up, but I just don't know :( ...I'm just playing it day by day :| .
After I was out before, I was in the motel for a bit, I caught up on sleep some, and
I food-splurged some, and my sleeping pattern was a bit off, and, wanting more time, paid for more days then managed to pick up my back mail...

ekortie"]What bought you to L’hopital?[/quote]

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 7:50 am

...and get the needed paperwork for the account and have

the S.A. shelter set up then go - with the luggage - to the shelter, the next day go out for the first time carrying the luggage. I got the bank account established. The next two days I went out again, the last, Sunday, as I said I felt worsened. I really don't think I could have done much of anything carrying the baggage Tuesday :( .
I really CAN-T ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING if I don't have reasonable GOOD STABILITY :x ! No matter how people here may berate me :cry: .
An odd possible opportunity has presented itself, and I'd have to talk to advisers, perhaps at the HSC, about it, and there's more besides :( .

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 9:53 am

@ASS-P - Does the "odd possible opportunity" have to do with housing?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 10:12 am

Wouldn't that be nice?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 10:21 am

...What I was referring to, no. Housing opportunities have been alluded to - However. I have not really had firm ground for long enough under my feet to do such things!! !! !! !! !! ! :x Haven't I outlined that I went from weeks in the hospital, then catching my balance in the motel, then the setting of up of the SA, along with arranging things to start the bank account, then being stuck with the ball and chain while completing the setting up of the bank account with the b&c on. then weekend days with the b&c building up my body's decline :( , then coming here to the hospital...

obin62"]@ASS-P - Does the "odd possible opportunity" have to do with housing?[/quote]