Page 19 of 20 [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 12:05 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
More and more, those fringe kooks are getting more access to the political right. In Illinois, a NAZI is running for the state legislature... as a Republican. Trump used spurious videos and memes originating with white nationalists, and spoke well of the Nazis and Alt Right marching in Charlottesville. Sure, many rank-and-file Republicans still have a sense of right and wrong, but more and more their leadership is getting in bed with the Alt Right for the sake of getting votes.

I think it all has more to do with inflating a situation and making it look much bigger and prolific than it really is. Again as a political propaganda weapon rather than as something actually constructive. Lots of sensationalism. Which I'm sure the fringe absolutely loves.

I just took the family to see Black Panther. In the days leading up to the movie's release, the Rotten Tomatoes movie site had gotten wind of a racist plot by who had planned to sink this movie with a barrage of terrible reviews, one of them in fact saying, "Minorities should stay minorities." Rotten Tomatoes banned them all from their site, as did others. So no, it's not inflated. And the simple fact of the matter is, the racist right is only emerging boldly out from under their rocks because they've been emboldened by the Trump administration.

According to what I read, after reading your statement, this was some small (now removed) facebook group called "Down With Disney’s Treatment Of Franchises And Its Fanboys" (sounds like trolls) who were trying to entice people to flood rotten tomatoes with bad reviews. Perfect example of inflating.

This is what it's really all about; convince as many people as possible that there's a huge alt right racist thing going on as a result of Trump. This is just being done to try keeping Trump from being reelected.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 12:17 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
More and more, those fringe kooks are getting more access to the political right. In Illinois, a NAZI is running for the state legislature... as a Republican. Trump used spurious videos and memes originating with white nationalists, and spoke well of the Nazis and Alt Right marching in Charlottesville. Sure, many rank-and-file Republicans still have a sense of right and wrong, but more and more their leadership is getting in bed with the Alt Right for the sake of getting votes.

I think it all has more to do with inflating a situation and making it look much bigger and prolific than it really is. Again as a political propaganda weapon rather than as something actually constructive. Lots of sensationalism. Which I'm sure the fringe absolutely loves.

I just took the family to see Black Panther. In the days leading up to the movie's release, the Rotten Tomatoes movie site had gotten wind of a racist plot by who had planned to sink this movie with a barrage of terrible reviews, one of them in fact saying, "Minorities should stay minorities." Rotten Tomatoes banned them all from their site, as did others. So no, it's not inflated. And the simple fact of the matter is, the racist right is only emerging boldly out from under their rocks because they've been emboldened by the Trump administration.

According to what I read, after reading your statement, this was some small (now removed) facebook group called "Down With Disney’s Treatment Of Franchises And Its Fanboys" (sounds like trolls) who were trying to entice people to flood rotten tomatoes with bad reviews. Perfect example of inflating.

This is what it's really all about; convince as many people as possible that there's a huge alt right racist thing going on as a result of Trump. This is just being done to try keeping Trump from being reelected.

So, you doubt the validity of the Alt Right's racism?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 12:22 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

So, you doubt the validity of the Alt Right's racism? These are not just some bent-out-of-shape fanboys, but actual white nationalists. They have gone after popular movies in which racial minorities and women are given major and powerful roles. They first reared their collective ugly head with Star Wars: The Force Awakens, due to that very reason, though that was before anyone had ever heard of a bunch of racist millennials calling themselves the Alt Right. Now we know who and what exactly they are.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 12:51 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
So, you doubt the validity of the Alt Right's racism? These are not just some bent-out-of-shape fanboys, but actual white nationalists. They have gone after popular movies in which racial minorities and women are given major and powerful roles. They first reared their collective ugly head with Star Wars: The Force Awakens, due to that very reason, though that was before anyone had ever heard of a bunch of racist millennials calling themselves the Alt Right. Now we know who and what exactly they are.

I doubt that it's nearly as huge as it's made out to be. For instance according to what I have further read, "Down With Disney’s Treatment Of Franchises And Its Fanboys", consisted of one person. Not hundreds as you said, probably according to what you were told, but one just person.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 2:48 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I doubt that it's nearly as huge as it's made out to be. For instance according to what I have further read, "Down With Disney’s Treatment Of Franchises And Its Fanboys", consisted of one person. Not hundreds as you said, probably according to what you were told, but one just person.

Uh.. wtf? The alt right's entire premise is white supremacy. The whole lot of them are just rebranded klansmen (boys) running amuck.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 4:29 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Uh.. wtf? The alt right's entire premise is white supremacy. The whole lot of them are just rebranded klansmen (boys) running amuck.

No kidding. But what does that have to do with what I said?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 2:37 pm

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Uh, did you not see the Charlottesville KKK tiki torch rallies and Trump's response to them? There IS a huge racist thing going on because of Trump. Or Trump's own racist comments over and over for that matter. Wtf Ezra?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 3:34 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Uh, did you not see the Charlottesville KKK tiki torch rallies and Trump's response to them? There IS a huge racist thing going on because of Trump. Or Trump's own racist comments over and over for that matter. Wtf Ezra?

One of the aspects of the pathetic tikki torch rally that should still resonate with decent Americans is that it predominantly comprised of white male Virginia Tech University students...this is troublesome that one of the most prestigious universities in the US never spoke out against it's students participating in a hate rally. Secondly erstwhile intelligent young men choosing to attend a rally speaks volumes about how emboldened people are to air racist values under the current political climate. At least in the state of Virginia (a former slave holding state who's wealth relied heavily on slaves to pick tobacco) the values that drive young white men to attack civil rights campaigners in the 1960s has not entirely vanished.

Yet no red flags??

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 3:48 pm

cyberdad wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

One of the aspects of the pathetic tikki torch rally that should still resonate with decent Americans is that it predominantly comprised of white male Virginia Tech University students...this is troublesome that one of the most prestigious universities in the US never spoke out against it's students participating in a hate rally. Secondly erstwhile intelligent young men choosing to attend a rally speaks volumes about how emboldened people are to air racist values under the current political climate. At least in the state of Virginia (a former slave holding state who's wealth relied heavily on slaves to pick tobacco) the values that drive young white men to attack civil rights campaigners in the 1960s has not entirely vanished.

Yet no red flags??

Unfortunately, we American liberals had naively believed once the older generations were gone, only tolerant young people would be left. But no, it seems bigotry is multi-generational.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 3:49 pm

cyberdad wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Yet no red flags??

Unfortunately, we American liberals had naively believed once the older generations were gone, only tolerant young people would be left. But no, it seems bigotry is multi-generational.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 10:55 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

One rally in one town. But I get the idea, the nazis and the russians are going to destroy america unless a democrat becomes president!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 11:12 pm

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

One rally in one town. But I get it, the nazis and the russians are going to destroy america unless a democrat becomes president.

Or a Republican who isn't compromised by the Russians through covert political help, loans, money laundering, and extortion (pee tape), and who doesn't include white nationalists among his/her supporters.
It isn't just one town. There have been other towns where white nationalists have made trouble. Here in Spokane, they had put up racist political posters all over downtown one night. Pretending they aren't a problem, or that they don't exist isn't going to help.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 2:59 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

One rally in one town. But I get it, the nazis and the russians are going to destroy america unless a democrat becomes president.

Or a Republican who isn't compromised by the Russians through covert political help, loans, money laundering, and extortion (pee tape), and who doesn't include white nationalists among his/her supporters.
It isn't just one town. There have been other towns where white nationalists have made trouble. Here in Spokane, they had put up racist political posters all over downtown one night. Pretending they aren't a problem, or that they don't exist isn't going to help.

There's been increased white nationalist activity and flyers across Canada since Trump got elected, too. A few cities in BC have been papered in flyers. Here in BC, it's in response to the new ultra wealthy Asians that are buying everything in sight.. but they groups have been emboldened by everything that's going on South of the border.

Trump & Co. racist rhetoric is far from harmless. It's already been the cause of increased hate crimes, arsons, a rise of white nationalism etc. To brush it all off as completely uncorrelated is foolish. The numbers never lie & the recorded incidences since Trump's been in power have skyrocketed.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 9:08 am

The parade has been cancelled.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 10:15 am