Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 2:20 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I am only the Wolfman.

I thought what you said was really good.

No irony.

Ya mean "no sarcasm". Not "no irony". (ie you're not joking. You really mean it. ergo you are not being sarcastic.).

To Bob: I agree with Krafty that what you said was really good. Inspiring even. And I am not being...sarcastic! :D

Child of the Universe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 May 2018, 7:15 pm

I'm sorry you don't accept your Asperger's. When you think about it, all the problems that you describe actually stem from our society rather than you. Most of this society is neurotypical, so of course it is hard for you to make friends with neurotypicals. But that isn't your fault, and it isn't your Asperger's fault. Your brain is wired in a certain way, and there is nothing wrong with that. Even if you say you aren't good at anything, you probably have special interests. Most NT's don't have special interests to the degree that autistics do, so that's something you're good at.

If you don't accept your Asperger's/autism, then that's okay. It's your brain. But in my opinion, you should.

You will always have Asperger's for your entire life, so you might as well accept it and learn to live with it in a way that plays to your strengths. Maybe try to get a job relating to your special interests, or try making friends with other aspies so that there isn't the pressure of socializing with completely neurotypicals.

Sorry if that's worded weirdly, it's not exactly my strong suit, haha.