"You're like Elliot Rodger!"

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 6:11 pm

I haven't been told this in person but quite a few people online have told me this. I really find the comparison insulting and unfair.

Yes, Elliot Rodger struggled to get a girlfriend like I do but the root of his struggles differ from mine greatly. He had a narcissistic personality that made him upset no one else would praise him for, he had a complex over being half-Asian, and he lived in a superficial culture. My struggles come from being talked down upon constantly, social confusion brought on by trying to interact but constantly being rejected or facing disappointment because it didn't go the way I wanted it to go, and feeling like my past defines my future. Rodger and I should not be put in the same league.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 6:26 pm

Yep I’ve been told it on wp
. But similarly my situation is nothing like his
He had the whole package. He was wealthy had nice cars etc. his personality was his issue and he was crazy. I don’t hurt bugs. I couldn’t imagine killing people who aren’t trying to actively kill me.

Whole nation is superficial though

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 6:44 pm

Oh guys, this just breaks my heart.

Neither of you is in ANY WAY like that spoiled, destructive brat.

The fact that you are each alone at the moment, and in pain because of it? Even there you are different from him. You each have big hearts, and a lot to give, and you hurt because you don't have anyone to give to... he was furious to the point of murderous rage because he didn't have anyone to take from.

All the difference in the world.

God, I wish I had some kind of magic matchmaking ability. Dammit dammit dammit.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 6:46 pm

If somebody compares you to Elliot Rodger, IGNORE them.

You have people on the Internet seeking to have fun at your expense.

Now....let me ask you something. If somebody tells you get turned on by horses, and want a relationship with one, would you believe that somebody?

Yes, you have people on the Internet who just might say that, just for the fun of it.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 6:55 pm

Those dorks think that anyone with aspergers is like Elliot Rodger. Don't pay any attention to those jerks. They're not worth your time.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 3:50 pm

Elliot Rodger would've done well in the Bible Belt. That's another difference between us. A lot of the men on the love-shy forum (Though truly they fall towards incel) actually want to move to the Bible Belt simply because it's less liberal than the rest of the US so they think that means they will find a pro-male utopia.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 10:59 am

I hope Elliot Rodger is having fun in Hell.

Why do you care how he would have done in the Bible Belt?

I wish the idea of Elliot Rodger would die a most definite death.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 2:50 pm

There must be some kind of comeback you can think of.

If someone says "You're like Elliot Rodger" you could say "you're right! I should be more like you....and like Harvey Weinstein, and Bill Cosby, and Ray Moore, and .....".

There certainly is no shortage of NT men who have misbehaved.