Why does it seem like all women successful?

Page 1 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 4:30 am

sly279 wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
I haven't asked them, but one was recently dating such a guy. She suspected he was aspie.

And I would. I drive, but I don't earn enough to support myself and I sometimes live with my mum. I'm not really sure how you are defining success, but I'd say I succeed in some areas and not in others, by my own standards. I've dated guys who don't drive or are unemployed. Probably both at the same time, can't recall.

Why’s she stop?

You’d date a loser? Why not get a successful real man?

Successful is good paid job, nice car, own place, etc aka having your life together as people say. I have non of those. Which means I’m not a real man. If I was a woman I’d likely be fine but as a man it’s simple unacceptable to women.

They were together for a year or so. It wasn't working out for whatever reason, I don't know.

I don't agree with your definition of successful and the whole "real man" thing is bullsh*t. Everyone has their own path through life, some struggle more than others for various reasons, and people want different things. I have close to zero interest in what car my partner drives. The only reason I'm glad he drives is because I live hundreds of km away with tricky public transport. I admire people who are able to get by without a car - it's better for the environment. Excessive wealth is a turn-off, as I'm anti-money and anti-greed. I'm a minimalist and am attracted to those who also are, so "stuff" is just annoying clutter to me.

Every man I have dated was a real man. So are you. It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 7:27 am

It's because we possess that particular magie noire of the femme fatale. Want free meals? Easy! Feign interest in a man and give him a coy smile. Need a job? No problem. Wear your cutest outfit and give him lots of compliments. Basically, we can get whatever we want, just like Bizet's Carmen. You'll find that some women deny having these dark powers and pretend to be innocent. They're often the most dangerous ones of all.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 7:44 am

sly279 wrote:
Successful is good paid job, nice car, own place, etc aka having your life together as people say. I have non of those.

Well that makes two of us... actually, some would consider you more succesfull than me since you have a job. I honestly wouldn't even need a well paid job (but that would certainly be nice); just a regular job that prevents me from having to rely on benefits would be just fine. Also, don't you have a driver's license? I don't and can't get one either because of my disability, so I'll never be able to put a mark on that box when people ask about success.

I also know lot of other women who are in similiar situation as me. Few of them are disabled, but most of them aren't.

If it seems like there are less women than men in this kind of situation... well, maybe many women rather go out there and do something about it instead of using the time to complain about it in the internet? I mean I could make plenty of topics about how all big bosses out there are superficial and picky since they don't pick me out of all people who apply for their jobs, but I don't do it since I feel like I'd get nothing out of it.
Maybe women in general are just less likely to complain than men, especially if they have been raised in to thinking that a woman's problem is never as bad as a man's.
Or maybe you're just one of those people who will always think that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 9:50 am

It’s a matter of PERSPECTIVE.....

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2018, 10:58 am

Chronos wrote:
Does it really need to be said that far from all women are successful?

Have you never seen an older single mother working at McDonald's? Or heard of a woman with a master's degree in literature living out of her car? Do you think that 45 year old woman working at the makeup counter at the department store is going home to a mansion? Certainly not where I am. She likely takes three buses home to an apartment she shares with a roommate...or two, and is broke most of the month, with no ability to save.

What about women who aspire to be housewives? They have their measure of success. I once knew a girl who's goal was to marry an officer and have three kids. I imagine she envisioned her husband would not be unfaithful or an alcoholic as well. If that did not materialize, if she were to not ever receive a proposal from such man, or if she were unable to have biological children, or if, perhaps they divorced, she would certainly not consider herself successful.

Beautiful women? I've known two with bulimia. How about all of those women who clean houses? I've never known any to be the epitome of success by general American or personal standards

This. Spot on.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 3:06 pm

Chronos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
How is it there’s billions of unsuccessful men but not a single unsuccessful woman?

I'm beginning to think you just get some satisfaction out of being disgruntled.

Does it really need to be said that far from all women are successful?

Have you never seen an older single mother working at McDonald's? Or heard of a woman with a master's degree in literature living out of her car? Do you think that 45 year old woman working at the makeup counter at the department store is going home to a mansion? Certainly not where I am. She likely takes three buses home to an apartment she shares with a roommate...or two, and is broke most of the month, with no ability to save.

What about women who aspire to be housewives? They have their measure of success. I once knew a girl who's goal was to marry an officer and have three kids. I imagine she envisioned her husband would not be unfaithful or an alcoholic as well. If that did not materialize, if she were to not ever receive a proposal from such man, or if she were unable to have biological children, or if, perhaps they divorced, she would certainly not consider herself successful.

Beautiful women? I've known two with bulimia. How about all of those women who clean houses? I've never known any to be the epitome of success by general American or personal standards.

Beautiful women? I've known two with bulimia, and a few with life histories that certainly aren't a fairy tale. Women on the spectrum may be able to "mask" and appear NT to some extent, think of how good NT women might be at looking perfect.

I cannot help but to think Sly, that you are determined to believe that everyone has it better than you.

That woman working McDonald’s is successful if she’s been there while she may make decent. My younger sister was a assistant manger at fast food place she made good money. But no I haven’t. Pretty much most employees at fast food places are teen girls into early 20s. Similarly at a lot of retail places too. Walmart is the only one I’ve seen 50+ old women working. Makeup places also have only attractive thin young women, so does target and female clothes places. I’m willing to bet it’s their target employees rather then no big older women applie or no men apply. Can’t be random thst their entire workforce is attractive young women. But I get wh. Women probably rather buy clothes and makeup from pretty thin women, and the other places it’s simple men will spend more when talking to a pretty girl.

My sisters friend worked makeup counter at Walgreens, she didn’t take the bus she had a nice car. I’m the one of two people at my work that takes the bus. Everyone else drives, most have nice newer cars. I think most people working retail are college students, teens, people with other nice jobs working a side job,or the ones who got full time spots with decent pay. Retail managers don’t do too bad. They get good money.
Full time ones seem to get decent money. Enough to afford cars and multiple vacations a year.

Why’s that ok? Men who have such dreams are called freeloads, losers, manchild, why is it ok for a woman to desire to never work and just live off a well off mans income? I’d hadlu call that successful, I guess it’s successful being a mooch as men who do it are called. Either way such women would never date me and atleast they’ve been honest to me that they want to be a housewife and so I couldn’t make that possible. Just sucks thst it’s ok for women but if I work part time and got with a lady she’s say I’m a mooch.
If I guy let’s woman buy him dinner he’s a mooch, no men can’t let women pay for anything ever. It’s why I’ll nevr take a ride from potential dates. She’ll see me as a mooch or using her as a taxi, but when it’s reversed no one says that about the woman. I’m fact is expected men drive women around. People give mean comments when they see my sister driving with me riding.

No , go make an account on dating sites in my area, or hey just go read Craigslist from my area. Every woman is like I have a good job, car, and my own place, bunch say they own their own house and won’t take a guy who doesn’t have all thst. I’ve nevwr seen an add where woman’s like I rent with roommates, don’t drive, and work retail and want the same. So given all those women online and the ones I’ve met in person, non of them are unsuccessful? Why? And then pretty much all women 18-25 are in university. Going places with their life. It’s so depressing. I can’t date successful women. And if most of all are successful who do I freaking. date?

So no I don’t want to just be disgruntled. It’s just how it is here. Maybe you live in a poor area. I dont know ,y area has a university and like 10 colleges.
Most women here are also thin and pretty. I see others saying women in their area are fat mostly. So maybe the university and colleges bring in successful thin pretty women?
We certainly get a lot of Asians from Japan to attend the university.

Either way doesn’t help. The autism groups are apparently all men. There just doesn’t seem to be any loser women for a loser guy to date. And I’m sure having 3,000 surplus young men doesn’t help. Women in Oregon don’t want to date loser men. I can’t imagine they’re all lying about their status in life.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 3:30 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
They were together for a year or so. It wasn't working out for whatever reason, I don't know.

I don't agree with your definition of successful and the whole "real man" thing is bullsh*t. Everyone has their own path through life, some struggle more than others for various reasons, and people want different things. I have close to zero interest in what car my partner drives. The only reason I'm glad he drives is because I live hundreds of km away with tricky public transport. I admire people who are able to get by without a car - it's better for the environment. Excessive wealth is a turn-off, as I'm anti-money and anti-greed. I'm a minimalist and am attracted to those who also are, so "stuff" is just annoying clutter to me.

Every man I have dated was a real man. So are you. It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

Not my definition so if you disagree you’ll have to take it up with the women or Oregon USA. Though it’s more women of west coast if not the whole nation. It’s a society thing. I hear it from men too. The whole American dream I guess. You either have the American dream or your not a real man and undateable

See I really don’t get why it’s assumed that couples have to have two cars. Say they get an appartment together, most places only give one parking spot. Now as a couple they paying twice the car payments twice the insurance. Vs they could just have one car, and save the money spent on the other one towards other stuff. Or they could have no car. But no not in America where the social status dictates everyone and their kid has to have a car. I mean it. There are plenty of families that get their kids each a car. So they have 4-5 cars per family along with boats and at a etc. I didn’t have a car at 16 and I was just fine. Some even get them 500,000 dollar car for a freaking 16 old.
America is super obsessed with cars. If you don’t have one you’re seen as a child.
I bet the car industry has a huge part in thst. Gotta make them profits.

I have a small room and so a lot of cutting stuff. Mostly blankets and clothes.

I feel I’d been better off if I was born in Europe. Where gas prices are so high to discourage people from driving and owning cars. European women seem more accepting of loser men too if the ones here are to show.

American women have be taught y he media growing up thst they need a strong, handsome, well paid man to be happy. Men who aren’t are pretrayed as worthless losers in media. Women need men who will provide for them. Men on media bash other men who take gifts from their girls. Or borrow meonue. Real men provide for their women not the other way around, such men who don’t are just stupid boys. Etc. why’s the media and society hate such men? Capitalism greed. Such men aren’t making money for the wealthy elite who control the media. They want men to slave away making them money. Women too now. But media doesn’t pretray unemployed women as losers, women aren’t epexcted to provide for men. But to be provided for, leaving them to spend their earned income on clothes and stuff. I’ve know a quite a few couples like this where all the mans income goes towards the bills and house etc but the wife’s is just hers to spend on fun stuff. Like wtf. Why do those men do It? And of course they need to get permission to buy fun stuff they want. So I suppose atleast in thst sense I’m lucky I’m not well off so I don’t shave away so some woman can spend my money and tell me I can’t buy a new game. Off track though theirnnit the majority I hope, though most men coming to the store have to get permission to buy anything and there’s thousands of videos with tips of how men can hid their purchases from their wives and smuggle the stuff into their house. I mean honestly that sounds horrible. They have to lie and deceive their wife. Why can’t she accept them for who they are? I’d rather want to be able to tell my gf what I’m going buy and get her opinion.

Thousands of women tell me I’m not s real man though. I don’t meet the society definition of a real man. I’m not human, as I know I’m not woman, so the only thing remaining is not human. Probably why women and men feel ok to treat me so badly.
Guess it’s still easy for people to dehumanize others.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 3:51 pm

Fireblossom wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Successful is good paid job, nice car, own place, etc aka having your life together as people say. I have non of those.

Well that makes two of us... actually, some would consider you more succesfull than me since you have a job. I honestly wouldn't even need a well paid job (but that would certainly be nice); just a regular job that prevents me from having to rely on benefits would be just fine. Also, don't you have a driver's license? I don't and can't get one either because of my disability, so I'll never be able to put a mark on that box when people ask about success.

I also know lot of other women who are in similiar situation as me. Few of them are disabled, but most of them aren't.

If it seems like there are less women than men in this kind of situation... well, maybe many women rather go out there and do something about it instead of using the time to complain about it in the internet? I mean I could make plenty of topics about how all big bosses out there are superficial and picky since they don't pick me out of all people who apply for their jobs, but I don't do it since I feel like I'd get nothing out of it.
Maybe women in general are just less likely to complain than men, especially if they have been raised in to thinking that a woman's problem is never as bad as a man's.
Or maybe you're just one of those people who will always think that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

Seemed ok til I got to your second section. Um no loads and loads of women complain about how there no good men or there no men. I see it everywhere. And it’s super annoying as I’m right here along with 3,000 more men then women in my city.
It’d be like men complaining there’s no good women and they define good women as thin, attractive submissive women. If you first narrow out majority of men then complain yiu can’t find any men it’s their fault. Like a guy sorounded by bottles of water crying he’s going die of thirst cause he wants soda. Well he doesn’t have to die he could just drink the freaking water. There a surplus of men here no woman has to be single in my city 3,000 of them could have two bfs. But a lot of men here work crappy jobs, don’t have cars etc so women complain theirs no real men for them to date. Yup not a lot of executives in a lumber town go figure, I think the university is what gives women such ideas of real men. But few men here go to college. In fact nation wide more women then men go to college.

Aren’t you married?
Anyways doesn’t matter if I’m more successful then yiu or thst homeless guy. I’m not successful. It’s a a you are or you’re not thing not a scale. Women don’t se me and compare me to homeless men they compare me to middle class men and say pass, you’re not a real man.

I have a driver license I just can’t afford a car without spending every cent I own then using credit cards to pay the insurance until I max out. Car for me would be stupid idea.
Much like a multi million yacht for most middle class people would be a terrible idea, imagine of the rich said anyone who doesn’t own one is a loser. Lol

I can’t do anything about it. Ugh. I could kill myself thsts about the only thing I could do about it. I can’t handle full time work thst won’t change ever. It’s a permanent disability.
I really don’t think women are better then men. Less lazy then men.etc.

And maybe you’re just one of those people who look at my brown grass and then bill gates green gras and then tells my I’m making it up and they’re the same. I’m so tired of being told I’m making it all up. I don’t make any of it up. Women post it and talk about oepenly and freely.

Here the message from thst girl who rejected me after weeks of talking and didn’t post the list of requirements on her profile like most women. Am I just making this up?
Quote:
It's just that, I'm looking for someone who has a job/career, a car, has own place either with roomates or alone, wants to do something with their life, I'm honestly not trying to sound like a dick, it's just that , that's where I'm at in life and I want a partner the same

See cause I don’t habe w car I’m a loser who’s not doing anything with his life. So unless your slaving away for some rich person your not doing anything with your life.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 3:52 pm

Syd wrote:
It's because we possess that particular magie noire of the femme fatale. Want free meals? Easy! Feign interest in a man and give him a coy smile. Need a job? No problem. Wear your cutest outfit and give him lots of compliments. Basically, we can get whatever we want, just like Bizet's Carmen. You'll find that some women deny having these dark powers and pretend to be innocent. They're often the most dangerous ones of all.

Is this sarcasm?

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 1:36 am

sly279 wrote:
Seemed ok til I got to your second section. Um no loads and loads of women complain about how there no good men or there no men. I see it everywhere. And it’s super annoying as I’m right here along with 3,000 more men then women in my city.
It’d be like men complaining there’s no good women and they define good women as thin, attractive submissive women. If you first narrow out majority of men then complain yiu can’t find any men it’s their fault. Like a guy sorounded by bottles of water crying he’s going die of thirst cause he wants soda. Well he doesn’t have to die he could just drink the freaking water. There a surplus of men here no woman has to be single in my city 3,000 of them could have two bfs. But a lot of men here work crappy jobs, don’t have cars etc so women complain theirs no real men for them to date. Yup not a lot of executives in a lumber town go figure, I think the university is what gives women such ideas of real men. But few men here go to college. In fact nation wide more women then men go to college.

Aren’t you married?
Anyways doesn’t matter if I’m more successful then yiu or thst homeless guy. I’m not successful. It’s a a you are or you’re not thing not a scale. Women don’t se me and compare me to homeless men they compare me to middle class men and say pass, you’re not a real man.

I have a driver license I just can’t afford a car without spending every cent I own then using credit cards to pay the insurance until I max out. Car for me would be stupid idea.
Much like a multi million yacht for most middle class people would be a terrible idea, imagine of the rich said anyone who doesn’t own one is a loser. Lol

I can’t do anything about it. Ugh. I could kill myself thsts about the only thing I could do about it. I can’t handle full time work thst won’t change ever. It’s a permanent disability.
I really don’t think women are better then men. Less lazy then men.etc.

And maybe you’re just one of those people who look at my brown grass and then bill gates green gras and then tells my I’m making it up and they’re the same. I’m so tired of being told I’m making it all up. I don’t make any of it up. Women post it and talk about oepenly and freely.

Here the message from thst girl who rejected me after weeks of talking and didn’t post the list of requirements on her profile like most women. Am I just making this up?
Quote:
It's just that, I'm looking for someone who has a job/career, a car, has own place either with roomates or alone, wants to do something with their life, I'm honestly not trying to sound like a dick, it's just that , that's where I'm at in life and I want a partner the same

See cause I don’t habe w car I’m a loser who’s not doing anything with his life. So unless your slaving away for some rich person your not doing anything with your life.

Second section? What was wrong with that? I really do know lot of women like that. You might not, but I do.

Married? Me? Dude, where on Earth did you get that idea? :lol: I've been single my whole life, which is something I have said quite few times here, too.

Yeah, getting a car would probably be a bad idea in your financial situation, but you can drive so you can borrow someone else's car. You could agree to be the driver when your friends go to a bar or something. I can't do that.

Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. In the end neither of us really know each other so neither of us can know for sure if the other is making things up or making their life sound more miserable than it actually is or not. All I can say is that it'd do you some good to think about the positive things in your life, too. You say your life is hard and I believe you, but I'm pretty sure you could make it a little easier by focusing a little on the good stuff, too.

She doesn't say that a person not fitting to the description is a loser, you made that up (unless you didn't quote the whole post.) She just says that it's what she wants in a man and her demands aren't unreasonable, either. Not to mention there's nothing rude about the text you quoted.

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 2:11 am

sly279 wrote:
Is this sarcasm?

Yes, I don't really believe women are that bad. But throughout history, storytellers have given women a bad rep. In the Garden of Eden, Eve was the first to eat the fruit. Even her name "Eve" sounds like the word "evil." And there's Pandora, The Sirens, The Whore of Babylon, Morgan le Fay, Lady Macbeth, The Queen of the Night, Carmen, and so on.

But that's just fiction. In reality, most women are good-natured, morally conscious, loving beings. And most men are too! Otherwise humanity would never have survived this long.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 2:43 am

Fireblossom wrote:

Second section? What was wrong with that? I really do know lot of women like that. You might not, but I do.

Married? Me? Dude, where on Earth did you get that idea? :lol: I've been single my whole life, which is something I have said quite few times here, too.

Yeah, getting a car would probably be a bad idea in your financial situation, but you can drive so you can borrow someone else's car. You could agree to be the driver when your friends go to a bar or something. I can't do that.

Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. In the end neither of us really know each other so neither of us can know for sure if the other is making things up or making their life sound more miserable than it actually is or not. All I can say is that it'd do you some good to think about the positive things in your life, too. You say your life is hard and I believe you, but I'm pretty sure you could make it a little easier by focusing a little on the good stuff, too.

She doesn't say that a person not fitting to the description is a loser, you made that up (unless you didn't quote the whole post.) She just says that it's what she wants in a man and her demands aren't unreasonable, either. Not to mention there's nothing rude about the text you quoted.

Yeah the second section or paragraph of your post.
You must not do a lot of social media then, they all over it. They also post rant ads on Craigslist and say it on their dating profiles. As well as in person.
I’ve even been ask where are the good men are by a female coworker, like I’m not w man myself :(

Could sworn you were married, sorry.

I don’t have anyone to borrow a car from.i don’t have friends.
What disability prevents you from driving?

I don’t make things up. That’d be lying. I barely lie. Only for white lies or keeping secrets. Like if a woman ask if she looks fat I’ve learned enough to know to lie and say no even if she does. Things like that where people don’t want the honest answer.
And if one doesn’t have anything positive in their life? Not like I have a wonderful career or friends to hang out with. I have lots of thought time to think about how crappy my life is alone. What little good I have isn’t enough to cover all my time. I can only play video games so many hours and even that’s not healthy. I can only buy so many coins or shave items and I’ve reached the limit and shouldn’t spend all my money on stuff to buy temporary happiness which is all those things do. Sure I can look at the coins every once and a while but it’s hardly a hours long deal.

She implied it with the want s9meon whose eroding something with their life. I’m not that naive to not read between the lines, I know that’s what people call a loser. She even sent a another message apologizing. Ask anyone if they’d consider someone. It doing anything with their life a loser and they’re say yes. It’s a common saying “ what a loser he’s not doing anything with his life.”

See either demands like that are unreasonable and treat people bad or I’m a worthless loser who should die. Cause if that’s the bare min a man has to be and I’m not meeting it what’s thst make me? In loveable and undateable. It’s no wonder women say I’m not s real man. Sorry when a lot of men are unemployed expecting to find an man like thst is unrealistic there simple isn’t enough real men for all the women. Even with the surplus of men here. There’s loads of low paid or unemployed men. And mostmmen wont graduate college. They won’t even go to college. Women go t college and graduate at much higher rates. So they either be alone forever or have to lower their standards. Same with guys wanting thin women. Over half of women are obese. Most men can’t get a thin woman there’s just not enough supply to meet demand in both situations.

But what ever I can’t meet a reasonable demand so that still leaves me a hopelessly alone.

Also her and other women should put it in their profile so not to waste men’s time. I honest believe most women are like her, I gave her a chance cause it wasn’t mentioned and people here said most women aren’t that way, but yet again another woman who didn’t mention it in her profile still thought it. I don’t think there’s many women who don’t want a man with a good job, car and house. Sweetleaf on here is one in 3.5 billion it seems. :cry:

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 7:19 am

sly279 wrote:
Yeah the second section or paragraph of your post.
You must not do a lot of social media then, they all over it. They also post rant ads on Craigslist and say it on their dating profiles. As well as in person.
I’ve even been ask where are the good men are by a female coworker, like I’m not w man myself :(

Could sworn you were married, sorry.

I don’t have anyone to borrow a car from.i don’t have friends.
What disability prevents you from driving?

I don’t make things up. That’d be lying. I barely lie. Only for white lies or keeping secrets. Like if a woman ask if she looks fat I’ve learned enough to know to lie and say no even if she does. Things like that where people don’t want the honest answer.
And if one doesn’t have anything positive in their life? Not like I have a wonderful career or friends to hang out with. I have lots of thought time to think about how crappy my life is alone. What little good I have isn’t enough to cover all my time. I can only play video games so many hours and even that’s not healthy. I can only buy so many coins or shave items and I’ve reached the limit and shouldn’t spend all my money on stuff to buy temporary happiness which is all those things do. Sure I can look at the coins every once and a while but it’s hardly a hours long deal.

She implied it with the want s9meon whose eroding something with their life. I’m not that naive to not read between the lines, I know that’s what people call a loser. She even sent a another message apologizing. Ask anyone if they’d consider someone. It doing anything with their life a loser and they’re say yes. It’s a common saying “ what a loser he’s not doing anything with his life.”

See either demands like that are unreasonable and treat people bad or I’m a worthless loser who should die. Cause if that’s the bare min a man has to be and I’m not meeting it what’s thst make me? In loveable and undateable. It’s no wonder women say I’m not s real man. Sorry when a lot of men are unemployed expecting to find an man like thst is unrealistic there simple isn’t enough real men for all the women. Even with the surplus of men here. There’s loads of low paid or unemployed men. And mostmmen wont graduate college. They won’t even go to college. Women go t college and graduate at much higher rates. So they either be alone forever or have to lower their standards. Same with guys wanting thin women. Over half of women are obese. Most men can’t get a thin woman there’s just not enough supply to meet demand in both situations.

But what ever I can’t meet a reasonable demand so that still leaves me a hopelessly alone.

Also her and other women should put it in their profile so not to waste men’s time. I honest believe most women are like her, I gave her a chance cause it wasn’t mentioned and people here said most women aren’t that way, but yet again another woman who didn’t mention it in her profile still thought it. I don’t think there’s many women who don’t want a man with a good job, car and house. Sweetleaf on here is one in 3.5 billion it seems. :cry:

I do use social media, but I probably use different sites than you, plus it's highly unlikely that we'd talk to the same people.

But it's not impossible for you to get friends.
It's private and hard to explain, so I'll keep it to myself, but it's unfixable.

You have a job and a family. You make enough money to buy video games and other things you don't really need from time to time. That's already something. It wouldn't hurt to talk about these little positive things from time to time, too.

Why it might be true that she "wrote" that between the lines, it is also possible that you're reading wrong and making false assumptions. I know from experience how much trouble it can cause when people read from between the lines something that was never there in the first place. It's like body language; sometimes you manage to read it right, sometimes you don't.

It's not so black and white. Just because some people want that it doesn't mean everyone does. It only means that you aren't a suitable match for those women. Some other women might see you as a man that can offer what they demand from a partner. Not all women in the world are the same.

There's nothing wrong with not listing one's lifegoals on their dating profile. People talk in order to find out more about each other. Besides, what stops you from putting in your profile what kind of woman you'd date and what kind of goals and expatations she's allowed to have in order for you to give her a chance?

katdances
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Feb 2018, 2:01 am

Before reading anything else but the first post. Hi. Here's a woman that's feeling very unsuccessful atm. I don't understand though where your thought comes from, so I guess I'll start reading. Need to put my mind off for a bit.

katdances
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Feb 2018, 2:21 am

sly279 wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
I have female friends (who aren't aspie), who are unemployed, don't drive, and/or live with their parents. I think it's either that you are exposed to a non-representative sample of the population, or you have a biased perception.

Too bad I don’t live in Australia, but would they date an unemployed guy who doesn’t drive?

It’s not my perception. I’ve only met two women who aren’t successful. Otherwise all others work one or more jobs, have a car and their own place.
I’m not good enough for most women especially successful ones so this depresses me.
Wasn’t good enough for those two either they also wanted a real man.

Oh I get it know.
First, where do you live? I would love to find a city where all women have jobs, are able to live independently and have cars to drive. Sounds like a dream. (I don't really liked the idea of owning a car since i always thought it ties you to the city the car is in, but this city is driving me nuts so the thought is my mind, the money isn't)
Second, if some of those women have two jobs, then they aren't as successful as you think. Some of them are probably struggling to pay for that car and that place.
Third, if you think you're not good enough then it's very hard that someone else will. When I felt like this I understood that I needed to take better care of myself and actually think what if I actually ended up alone. Sure it sounds like it sucks and it's not what I want, but I do think I'd rather that instead of settling for someone. Ending up alone doesn't mean that you'll always be. This thought started in me because while I wanted a boyfriend I felt like I didn't have anything to offer.
Fourth, I think someone that looks for a partner (whatever the gender) is looking for someone who if they don't have their life together, that at least it seems like they're working on it. That there is drive in that person. I mean you want that if you're looking for something serious. Some don't care much if it's just for the moment and others even for that are more picky. To each their own.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 4:00 am

katdances wrote:

Oh I get it know.
First, where do you live? I would love to find a city where all women have jobs, are able to live independently and have cars to drive. Sounds like a dream. (I don't really liked the idea of owning a car since i always thought it ties you to the city the car is in, but this city is driving me nuts so the thought is my mind, the money isn't)
Second, if some of those women have two jobs, then they aren't as successful as you think. Some of them are probably struggling to pay for that car and that place.
Third, if you think you're not good enough then it's very hard that someone else will. When I felt like this I understood that I needed to take better care of myself and actually think what if I actually ended up alone. Sure it sounds like it sucks and it's not what I want, but I do think I'd rather that instead of settling for someone. Ending up alone doesn't mean that you'll always be. This thought started in me because while I wanted a boyfriend I felt like I didn't have anything to offer.
Fourth, I think someone that looks for a partner (whatever the gender) is looking for someone who if they don't have their life together, that at least it seems like they're working on it. That there is drive in that person. I mean you want that if you're looking for something serious. Some don't care much if it's just for the moment and others even for that are more picky. To each their own.

Bolded is why my situation is hopeless. It’s why I should die. Even in that I’m a failure Who will women date when 90% of jobs are replaced by machines, it’s happening they designing therapist ai, and already have a working lawyer ai. The future every job but it will be replaced.

It’s not a dream for me or other men that’s for sure. It’s hell. I know the past sucked for women but I really wish I’d lived in the 30s-50s I’d had much better luck getting a gf.

Why would you be limits to the city, cars can drive anywhere.

The ones with two jobs are usually working their way through college. Both are red flags for me thst they won’t date me.

I think I’m not good enough cause it’s all I’m told by women. Should be just be arrogant and ignore thousands of women saying I’m not good enoug or not s real man, that’d make me crazy to ignore reality. And wouldn’t help as even if I believed I was gods gift to women they still not think I’m good enough I can’t control women’s opinions of me.
I have ended up alone though, and it’s horrible. I have stuff to offer it’s just notmwhat really matters to most women. They’d rather be with a abusive men but at least he has his life together right? :roll:
As a woman you always have sex and companionship to offer which for a lot of guys is enough. Most men just don’t care if a woman has her life together or what her job is or how much she makes or if she drives. They just want companionship with a attractive woman who they get along with.

As for settling, I already have so low standards most would consider them non existent so I can’t reslly settle, that’s more a woman or well off man thing to do. Loser men can’t settle , we are no women settle for or who women in the past settled for women today just stay single. So yeah i dont know besides dating single moms with 4 kids some of who are 17/18 i dont know. Don’t think they’d settle for me anyways. And how awkward. I’d get along better with their old daughter then them. Is that my only option? Dating a 40-70 old single mom? I just hope I die in he next 5 years, my health seems to get worse so maybe I will.