Why does it seem like all women successful?

Page 1 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 6:33 pm

How is it there’s billions of unsuccessful men but not a single unsuccessful woman?

Last edited by sly279 on 07 Feb 2018, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 6:50 pm

Oh come on Sly, stop it.

This line of reasoning will get you nowhere. And it will make you look foolish.

And you are not foolish.

You know there are many unsuccessful women around.

And guess what. Just like you don't want somebody criticizing you, the unsuccessful women don't want that, either.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 6:56 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Oh come on Sly, stop it.

You know there are many unsuccessful women around.

And guess what. Just like you don't want somebody criticizing you, the unsuccessful women don't want that, either.

I’m not criticizing them. I’ve never met a woman who doesn’t have her life together.
I don’t het how almost all the women where I live all have good jobs, nice car and their own place.
Is the system just more geared towards women being successful?

I know there’s some here on wp who might but even then their few.

I feel so depressed I just wish I could find a woman who’s unemployed, doesn’t drive and lives with her family

Is what so many women say true are men just lazy? I’m not lazy but they see me as such.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 7:08 pm

You just see the women on those Sites. Women who aren't doing well are probably less likely to seek men on dating sites in general.

Many women SEEM to be doing well---but, in actuality, they aren't

Same with men. A man could have a nice car----but how much debt did he incur as a result? It could very well be that the car is close to be repossessed. You never know.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 7:50 pm

I wish what Sly said was true, because then it would mean *I'm* successful. :(

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 11:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You just see the women on those Sites. Women who aren't doing well are probably less likely to seek men on dating sites in general.

Same with men. A man could have a nice car----but how much debt did he incur as a result? It could very well be that the car is close to be repossessed. You never know.

Man with a car even close to being repossessed is still better off then me and as he’s a real man.

Why don’t they go on dating sites ? They’d still find a man. There one or two on dating sites but the consider themselves too good for men in similar or slightly better positions.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 11:04 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I wish what Sly said was true, because then it would mean *I'm* successful. :(

Sorry. Like I said few women here aren’t. But surely you must see lots of women who are?

Would you date a man who works retail, doesn’t own a car and rents with family?
Mind you they don’t even know I rent with family, or ther I only work 15 hours. For all they know I work full time or could be a manager.

Hugs glad to see you posting in my thread maybe you don’t fell I dislike you anymore? I hope so cause I don’t dislike you at all.
Fox hugs

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 1:11 am

I have female friends (who aren't aspie), who are unemployed, don't drive, and/or live with their parents. I think it's either that you are exposed to a non-representative sample of the population, or you have a biased perception.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 1:24 am

I am an unsuccessful woman. I am on disability and well never had a job that lasted more than three months. And I have had a total of 3 jobs, I am 28 almost 30 and no actual job career of any kind to speak of. I don't even have a drivers licence its still a permit.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 3:12 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
I have female friends (who aren't aspie), who are unemployed, don't drive, and/or live with their parents. I think it's either that you are exposed to a non-representative sample of the population, or you have a biased perception.

Too bad I don’t live in Australia, but would they date an unemployed guy who doesn’t drive?

It’s not my perception. I’ve only met two women who aren’t successful. Otherwise all others work one or more jobs, have a car and their own place.
I’m not good enough for most women especially successful ones so this depresses me.
Wasn’t good enough for those two either they also wanted a real man.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 3:16 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I am an unsuccessful woman. I am on disability and well never had a job that lasted more than three months. And I have had a total of 3 jobs, I am 28 almost 30 and no actual job career of any kind to speak of. I don't even have a drivers licence its still a permit.

Yes yes. But you must see you’re the minority? There’s you, loneesrth, that I can think of. Hurtloam and haleboop have jobs, cars etc. as do most the other women here atleast in the sections I read. Compare that to the amount of men here who work low paid jobs or are unemployed. And lots of nt men are unemployed too.

I changed the title to seems. I was really sad when I wrote it before I went back to break. I see ad after ad of successful women who have their life together and are successful. It’s depressing.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 3:26 am

sly279 wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:

Too bad I don’t live in Australia, but would they date an unemployed guy who doesn’t drive?

I haven't asked them, but one was recently dating such a guy. She suspected he was aspie.

And I would. I drive, but I don't earn enough to support myself and I sometimes live with my mum. I'm not really sure how you are defining success, but I'd say I succeed in some areas and not in others, by my own standards. I've dated guys who don't drive or are unemployed. Probably both at the same time, can't recall.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 3:38 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
I haven't asked them, but one was recently dating such a guy. She suspected he was aspie.

And I would. I drive, but I don't earn enough to support myself and I sometimes live with my mum. I'm not really sure how you are defining success, but I'd say I succeed in some areas and not in others, by my own standards. I've dated guys who don't drive or are unemployed. Probably both at the same time, can't recall.

Why’s she stop?

You’d date a loser? Why not get a successful real man?

Successful is good paid job, nice car, own place, etc aka having your life together as people say. I have non of those. Which means I’m not a real man. If I was a woman I’d likely be fine but as a man it’s simple unacceptable to women.

I dont know what to do. Well I know what I need to do but I can’t yet do it as I fear pain and he’ll.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 4:16 am

sly279 wrote:
How is it there’s billions of unsuccessful men but not a single unsuccessful woman?

I'm beginning to think you just get some satisfaction out of being disgruntled.

Does it really need to be said that far from all women are successful?

Have you never seen an older single mother working at McDonald's? Or heard of a woman with a master's degree in literature living out of her car? Do you think that 45 year old woman working at the makeup counter at the department store is going home to a mansion? Certainly not where I am. She likely takes three buses home to an apartment she shares with a roommate...or two, and is broke most of the month, with no ability to save.

What about women who aspire to be housewives? They have their measure of success. I once knew a girl who's goal was to marry an officer and have three kids. I imagine she envisioned her husband would not be unfaithful or an alcoholic as well. If that did not materialize, if she were to not ever receive a proposal from such man, or if she were unable to have biological children, or if, perhaps they divorced, she would certainly not consider herself successful.

Beautiful women? I've known two with bulimia. How about all of those women who clean houses? I've never known any to be the epitome of success by general American or personal standards.

Beautiful women? I've known two with bulimia, and a few with life histories that certainly aren't a fairy tale. Women on the spectrum may be able to "mask" and appear NT to some extent, think of how good NT women might be at looking perfect.

I cannot help but to think Sly, that you are determined to believe that everyone has it better than you.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 4:26 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

This is indeed true. People often do in their real lives, to some extent, what they tend to do on Facebook. Present their lives as closer to perfection than they re. Not so much as an attempt to deceive but more an attempt to remain socially appropriate.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 4:30 am

sly279 wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:

Why’s she stop?

You’d date a loser? Why not get a successful real man?

Successful is good paid job, nice car, own place, etc aka having your life together as people say. I have non of those. Which means I’m not a real man. If I was a woman I’d likely be fine but as a man it’s simple unacceptable to women.

They were together for a year or so. It wasn't working out for whatever reason, I don't know.

I don't agree with your definition of successful and the whole "real man" thing is bullsh*t. Everyone has their own path through life, some struggle more than others for various reasons, and people want different things. I have close to zero interest in what car my partner drives. The only reason I'm glad he drives is because I live hundreds of km away with tricky public transport. I admire people who are able to get by without a car - it's better for the environment. Excessive wealth is a turn-off, as I'm anti-money and anti-greed. I'm a minimalist and am attracted to those who also are, so "stuff" is just annoying clutter to me.

Every man I have dated was a real man. So are you. It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.