Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2018, 11:54 pm

I often appear to be a thread killer particularly on another forum related to my interests. In reality though I am often simply the last person to post on a thread because I like to take time to think about what I want to say before I respond. Very often the conversation has come to a natural conclusion by the time I am ready to join in and everyone else has already moved on to something else.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 10:35 pm

We humans tend to remember things associated with and amplify the negativity over that of positivity. You are not alone in feeling the way you do because it's perfectly human to feel that way. So in short, it only seems that way, but if you took the time to analyze the data you may end up with an unexpected result. You are positively a wonderful member of this community and what you have to say matters and is important so I hope you take more notice of the positive impact you have here and continue to take part in the dialogue.

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 10:46 pm

I also seem to have the magical ability to kill threads and end conversations. But it only seems to work when I want them to continue. It can get depressing. Sometimes unnerving.

kraftiekortie wrote:
Once, right after Muhammad Ali passed away, I tried to start up a tribute thread for him. I got 3 responses.

Watching Ali fight makes me cry. I wasn't here then or I'd have posted in your thread.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 2:26 am

Me too, and I'm here to kill your thread!

But seriously, sometimes I look through my "View Your Posts" page and there's a big column of my name for the last person to post. I think a lot of people here never look at that page...I've seen a lot of people who will start a thread asking a question, and then never return.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 4:19 am

When I start a thread I do get replies. But if I start a thread in the members only section, I seem to get little or no replies, or the thread dies when I respond to replies in my thread. This only seems to happen in the members only section.

Also if I post a thread that is about anything to do with the UK, I get hardly no replies, which is another reason why I feel outnumbered by Americans here.

Kraftie - I'm surprised you get hardly no replies when you start a thread. Normally in threads your posts get quoted and responded to.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 11:11 am

I am disappointed in the lack of magic in this thread. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaC-WDrvmUQ

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 11:22 am

......because you're mine.....alllll mine!! !!