What genres of music are you compatible with?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 10:54 am

What kind of genres are you compatible with? Personally, I explore all kinds of music genres, such as house, techno, funk, disco, electro, breakbeat, acid house, trance, minimal wave, etc.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on February 8, 2018)

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 12:29 am

Huh?

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 8:29 am

I don't think of music as a matter of compatibility. I listen to whatever I happen to think sounds good, regardless of its genre.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 5:26 pm

compatible:
modern pop, classical, folk

incompatible:
country, most rock, opera

I think it's something to do with avoiding emotional overload.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 4:36 pm

Compatible:

extreme metal (black, death, thrash, Celtic Frost)
extreme punk (grindcore, crust, hardcore, metalcore, 'skramz')
extreme jazz (John Zorn for example, other free jazz)
hardcore techno (gabber, not happy hardcore)
digital hardcore
industrial
some hip-hop (boom-bap, horrorcore, jazzy stuff like ATCQ; also: Wu-Tang Clan)
romantic era symphonic music, especially Russian composers
eurobeat
some alternative (new wave, grunge,

Incompatible:

melodic metal
some hip-hop (crunk, drill, most g-funk, stuff that only sounds right after enough drank, 'post-gangsta' or whatever you want to call the soft crap that was about nothing but money from the end of the 90s/early 00s)
most rock ("modern rock", "classic rock", nu-metal)
disco
whining with an acoustic guitar or a piano

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 8:15 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
What kind of genres are you compatible with? Personally, I explore all kinds of music genres, such as house, techno, funk, disco, electro, breakbeat, acid house, trance, minimal wave, etc.

>Explores all kinds of music
>Lists solely EDM and dance-genres that were influential on EDM

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 3:18 pm

Ganondox wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. :lol:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 9:34 am

Ganondox wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:

Like Kraftwerk?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 11:02 am

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:

Like Kraftwerk?

Some other early EDM pioneers
Besides Kraftwork a lot of the Giorgio Morodor 70s Eurodisco especially Donna Summer’s “I Feel Love”

1980s synthpop especially New Order’s “Blue Monday”

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 11:07 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:

Like Kraftwerk?

Some other early EDM pioneers
Besides Kraftwork a lot of the Giorgio Morodor 70s Eurodisco especially Donna Summer’s “I Feel Love”

1980s synthpop especially New Order’s “Blue Monday”

Hell yeah, Blue Monday is a very good and influential Hi-NRG/synthpop track. I am sure that it would get a crowd in a club moving if a DJ played it.

Anyway, you are right, there are a lot of other influential electronic music artists like Manuel Göttsching, Brian Eno, Depeche Mode, Aphex Twin, Daft Punk, The Chemical Brothers, etc.

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Feb 2018, 2:41 pm

I listen to a wide variety of music. Right now I go for a lot of punk, swedish folk music, blues and classical. What it all has in common is that there's a melody.
I don't much like heavy, screamy stuff or the electronic dubstep-kind of music (I know there's a big load of genres in there, but I have no clue what makes what in that area). But there are exceptions. There's a lot of punk that's screamy, but still has a sing-along-friendly melody, and I've recently discovered an electronic band that I'm absolutely in love with. All goes as long as it's melodic.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 4:01 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:

Like Kraftwerk?

I think you missed his point. He's saying you don't appear to 'explore all kinds of music genres', instead you largely appear to explore 'EDM and dance-genres that were influential on EDM'. :|

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 9:51 pm

I grew up listening to pop-punk like Sum 41 and Blink 182. I listen to other genres and bands. I love The Birthday Massacre. They are my favorite band and most people I know who like them are goth. I'm so far from goth. When it comes to my music tastes I'm well rounded.

My mom will ask me sometimes "do you like Xmal Deutchland?" My mom is super into that stuff. I don't really care for her tastes like though. She also likes hair metal.

My brother likes EDM and Dubstep. He loves Deadmau5 and that sort of thing.

We are very different music and even clothing style wise. I'm glad we are though. I can't even imagine my mom being a clone of me let alone my brother.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 10:02 am

My mom and dad really like classic rock, but my dad also likes disco, funk, old hip hop, house music, etc.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Mar 2018, 7:42 am

I like pop, country, comedy, punk, glam rock, classic rock, soft rock, EMO, & celtic.
My dad only likes blues & jazz & I hate the stuff. I don't care for a lot of rap thou I do like some, also don't like classical music or black & death rock.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 8:03 pm

nick007 wrote:
I like pop, country, comedy, punk, glam rock, classic rock, soft rock, EMO, & celtic.
My dad only likes blues & jazz & I hate the stuff. I don't care for a lot of rap thou I do like some, also don't like classical music or black & death rock.

Deathrock, or death metal? They're quite different thematically and aesthetically, even rock inspired death metal like Entombed (sometimes described as death 'n' roll) would never be confused with even hardcore influenced deathrock like TSOL.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う