Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 1:00 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... -treatment

Quote:
'France is 50 years behind': the 'state scandal' of French autism treatment

A reliance on psychoanalysis sees autistic children going undiagnosed, being placed in psychiatric units and even being removed from their parents

muff
Toucan
Toucan

09 Feb 2018, 8:59 pm

sensationalism. demonization, really. distraction from the insidious truth that care for people with autism is illusory.
united states of america, state of michigan: no care is covered for people with autism over the age of 19; care is both offered and given though, under the definition of smi (serious mental illness) in order to make $$$ while providing inappropriate and contraindicated treatment for intentional misdiagnoses. personally, i would rather be regarded as i am, up to and including 'ret*d'. so perhaps i will move to france. deinstitutionalization in this country brought me years of one counselor or therapist after the next, myriad fraudulent diagnostic stamps, and a mountain of god remembers ingested chemicals harmful to my condition (but helpful to conditions that i did not never have). at least france will admit that autism exists when they submit for reimbursement. here: you walk into a barber shoppe with hair down to your waist and instead of a haircut they serve you some lunch, cut you a receipt for such, and tell the funders 'he looked hungry.'

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 9:16 pm

muff wrote:
sensationalism. demonization, really. distraction from the insidious truth that care for people with autism is illusory.
united states of america, state of michigan: no care is covered for people with autism over the age of 19; care is both offered and given though, under the definition of smi (serious mental illness) in order to make $$$ while providing inappropriate and contraindicated treatment for intentional misdiagnoses. personally, i would rather be regarded as i am, up to and including 'ret*d'. so perhaps i will move to france. deinstitutionalization in this country brought me years of one counselor or therapist after the next, myriad fraudulent diagnostic stamps, and a mountain of god remembers ingested chemicals harmful to my condition (but helpful to conditions that i did not never have). at least france will admit that autism exists when they submit for reimbursement. here: you walk into a barber shoppe with hair down to your waist and instead of a haircut they serve you some lunch, cut you a receipt for such, and tell the funders 'he looked hungry.'

Well, if you think that spending all your life in the psych ward would have worked better for you... why haven't you moved to France yet?