Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 3:42 pm

A very extreme form. They overdo patriotism.

Most patriots don’t really care for nationalists.

paintmepink
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Feb 2018, 3:43 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I agree with your view on race and Islam.

I do believe, however, that patriotism could be based on logic.

I find the Founding Fathers had a mostly rational basis for breaking away from Great Britain, and establishing the US.

I think there's patriotism, then there's nationalism. They're not the same thing.

Isn't nationalism just an extreme form of patriotism?

I think you're both very, very, very confused.

Try starting a nation of your own.

Oh wait, you are your own nation. You have your own values to defend. How extreme...

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 3:44 pm

paintmepink wrote:
Patriotism is rational. It's a group of people connected to the same ideology that are trying to defend it.

Hah! You make me laugh.

Nope. Patriotism is when people are connected by an authority figure, not an ideology.

Leftists are connected by an ideology ... but we don't call that patriotism ... because they are found all over the world.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

paintmepink
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Feb 2018, 3:46 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
paintmepink wrote:
Patriotism is rational. It's a group of people connected to the same ideology that are trying to defend it.

Hah! You make me laugh.

Nope. Patriotism is when people are connected by an authority figure, not an ideology.

Leftists are connected by an ideology ... but we don't call that patriotism ... because they are found all over the world.

Ohhhhh right.

Everybody is connected to an authority figure. It's called your government.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 3:49 pm

What does anything said here have to do with starting a new nation?

paintmepink
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Feb 2018, 3:51 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What does anything said here have to do with starting a new nation?

It doesn't.

If you are your own nation, which you are, because you have your own ideals to defend, and supposed I say you found land you wanted to own and conquer and begin your own nation with it's own ideology, then you my...ahem...acquaintance have found your own nation and have thus become a patriot.

Debunked!

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 3:52 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
I think it's safe to say that you adore the middle east.
This was extremely one sided.

I didn't bring up many of the negative qualities of the Middle East because most people already know about them.

The Middle East isn't prefect. Their conquest of North Africa was wrong. Their conquest of Spain was wrong. The Armenian Genocide was wrong.

I didn't feel the need to bring up those points because most people already know all of that.

I just think that we should remember that we are all human beings at the end of the day.

The Islamic conquest of North Africa was disgusting. Western imperialism is also disgusting. We need to hold every country to the same standards. This can be hard at times, but we should at least try.

paintmepink
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Feb 2018, 3:52 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:

I didn't bring up many of the negative qualities of the Middle East because most people already know about them.

The Middle East isn't prefect. Their conquest of North Africa was wrong. Their conquest of Spain was wrong. The Armenian Genocide was wrong.

I didn't feel the need to bring up those points because most people already know all of that.

I just think that we should remember that we are all human beings at the end of the day.

The Islamic conquest of North Africa was disgusting. Western imperialism is also disgusting. We need to hold every country to the same standards. This can be hard at times, but we should at least try.

Was...wrong.

Was...wrong.

Ok, who made you the ethics police?

nephets
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Feb 2018, 3:53 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
paintmepink wrote:
Thank you for a brief history, now if you turn your attention to the extended version; this would appease me much more than a brief history. Thanks.

If provided a full version, we'd be here all day long. Do your own research.

I just provided a brief overview which debunks the claims that are made by the far-right people, who typically claim to be history experts. Islam is not inherently barbaric. Patriotism is an irrational form of brainwashing. Race is a social construct. I think that I've proved these points.

Islam is not inherently barbaric? Further study of Islam is needed here. It destroyed and continues to destroy anything it decides is 'un-Islamic'. Do you have any idea of the number of cultures, languages and peoples which Islam has destroyed? It demands submission to a uniform, unbending religion, legitimizes attacks on others and even approves of destroying the 'Inifidel' (anyone else). The world is not terrorized by rampaging Hindu's, Buddhists or Taoists, is it? There's nothing right-wing about that view. There is nothing more right-wing than Islam. It opposes almost any change from 7th century norms.

paintmepink
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Feb 2018, 3:55 pm

nephets wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
paintmepink wrote:
Thank you for a brief history, now if you turn your attention to the extended version; this would appease me much more than a brief history. Thanks.

If provided a full version, we'd be here all day long. Do your own research.

I just provided a brief overview which debunks the claims that are made by the far-right people, who typically claim to be history experts. Islam is not inherently barbaric. Patriotism is an irrational form of brainwashing. Race is a social construct. I think that I've proved these points.

Islam is not inherently barbaric? Further study of Islam is needed here. It destroyed and continues to destroy anything it decides is 'un-Islamic'. Do you have any idea of the number of cultures, languages and peoples which Islam has destroyed? It demands submission to a uniform, unbending religion, legitimizes attacks on others and even approves of destroying the 'Inifidel' (anyone else). The world is not terrorized by rampaging Hindu's, Buddhists or Taoists, is it? There's nothing right-wing about that view. There is nothing more right-wing than Islam. It opposes almost any change from 7th century norms.

Tell me in detail everything wrong with Islam. Please.

Because to my knowledge, a compromise is what these people want. Otherwise there'd be a full-out war. There isn't. There hasn't been. There won't be.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 4:01 pm

paintmepink wrote:
I think you're both very, very, very confused.

Try starting a nation of your own.

Oh wait, you are your own nation. You have your own values to defend. How extreme...

So ... do you believe that Christianity is a nation? Christians are united by a set of values, but most people don't consider Christians to be a nation.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 4:09 pm

paintmepink wrote:
Ohhhhh right.

Everybody is connected to an authority figure. It's called your government.

I obey the law because I don't want to be arrested.

Deep down, I have no real allegiance or loyalty to any country.

Like any good leftist, I am only loyal to the concept of international human rights.

Governments should not exist simply to control people. A government should reflect the views of the citizens and protect the people from antisocial individuals. That's why democracy exists.

Of course, modern democracy has been corrupted by lobbyists. The site I linked to in my signature has more information.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 4:14 pm

paintmepink wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:

Was...wrong.

Was...wrong.

Ok, who made you the ethics police?

Innocent people were murdered and oppressed during the Islamic conquest of North Africa.

Most people instinctively know that killing another human being is wrong.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 4:25 pm

nephets wrote:
Islam is not inherently barbaric? Further study of Islam is needed here. It destroyed and continues to destroy anything it decides is 'un-Islamic'.

... which is why Islam tried to erase Ancient Greek philosophy during the Middle Ages.

Oh ... wait ... that was Christianity.

Quote:
Do you have any idea of the number of cultures, languages and peoples which Islam has destroyed? It demands submission to a uniform, unbending religion, legitimizes attacks on others and even approves of destroying the 'Inifidel' (anyone else).

Yep. Muslims tried to erase the Basque language. They tried to erase Scottish pagan culture. They tried to erase Native American culture. They tried to erase Australian Aboriginal culture.

Oh ... wait ... that was Christians.

Quote:
The world is not terrorized by rampaging Hindu's, Buddhists or Taoists, is it?

Non-Hindus face discrimination in some parts of India. Non-Buddhists face pretty severe discrimination in Myanmar and Bhutan.

Quote:
There's nothing right-wing about that view. There is nothing more right-wing than Islam.

Really? Islam is the most right-wing thing ever?

What about Nazism?

Quote:
It opposes almost any change from 7th century norms.

You are ignoring everything that I said about the Islamic Golden Age.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 4:27 pm

paintmepink wrote:
Tell me in detail everything wrong with Islam. Please.

Because to my knowledge, a compromise is what these people want. Otherwise there'd be a full-out war. There isn't. There hasn't been. There won't be.

Islam does have some inherent problems regarding sexism and homophobia.

Of course, the exact same problems exist in the Bible.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 4:34 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Hi all. Let's talk about the concept of "European identity".

A lot of people on the political right nowadays love to talk about the concept of "European identity". They say "We need to keep these Middle Easterners out of the West! They are trying to erase our culture and our history!"

Is European history really in danger? Well ... no ... but let's pretend it is. Let's all talk about European history because the NWO globalists are obviously going to ban all discussion of European history in a few years.

Of course, European history is extremely long and complex. Thus, I won't discuss every single thing that happened in the history of Europe. I will just focus on a few key events which are interesting ... in my humble opinion.

2600 to 1100 BC: The Minoan civilisation exists in what is now Crete. The Minoan civilisation was the very first civilisation created by white Europeans. The Minoans were originally primitives who lived in huts made of wood. They soon became civilised by copying what the Middle East was doing at the time. In other words, "Western Civilisation" is actually Middle Eastern in origin.

800 BC to 600AD: Ancient Greece existed during this span of time. The Greeks had a certain degree of respect for the people of the Middle East, though they had no respect whatsoever for the white people who lived north of them. They were eventually conquered by Rome.

753 BC to 476 AD: Ancient Rome existed during this span of time. They had a certain degree of respect for Middle Eastern people, though they saw Germanic people as filthy animals. Many Germanic ethic groups were completely exterminated by the Roman empire. The Romans weren't fond of Celtic people either.

391 AD: The Serapeum of Alexandria is burned under the orders of Pope Theophilus of Alexandria because it is a meeting place for Platonic philosophers. The obvious goal of this was to destroy all pre-Christian European thought.

786 AD to 1258 AD: The Islamic Golden Age happened during this time span. During this era, the Islamic world was more scientifically advanced than Europe. At this time, Europeans thought of the Middle East as a magical land full of wealth. During this time, Muslim scholars preserved Ancient Greek philosophical texts which the European Christian leaders had tried to erase. During this time, some Islamic scientists suspected that Europeans were incapable of abstract thought. In other words, the old Muslims were wise, but some of them fell into the trap of racial pseudoscience. It happens.

1095 – 1099: The First Crusade happens. During this time, Europeans clerical leaders saw Islam as a heresy of Christianity, rather than an entirely separate religion.

14th Century: The Renaissance happens because Europeans have rediscovered Ancient Greek wisdom. This wisdom was preserved because the Muslims preserved it. Middle Eastern philosophical texts were also popular during this time period.

18th Century: The European Enlightenment happened during this time period. Democracy become popular during this time. The Enlightenment, much like Renaissance, happened because Ancient Greek wisdom was rediscovered because the Muslims preserved it.

1941: The Nazis invade the Soviet Union. They are especially brutal in this invasion because they think that Slavic people are filthy animals who are "not really white".

Today: The European far-right thinks that Middle Eastern people are filthy animals who want to destroy Western Civilisation and European history. How ironic.

Good post!