Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 5:10 pm

Hi all. Let's talk about the concept of "European identity".

A lot of people on the political right nowadays love to talk about the concept of "European identity". They say "We need to keep these Middle Easterners out of the West! They are trying to erase our culture and our history!"

Is European history really in danger? Well ... no ... but let's pretend it is. Let's all talk about European history because the NWO globalists are obviously going to ban all discussion of European history in a few years.

Of course, European history is extremely long and complex. Thus, I won't discuss every single thing that happened in the history of Europe. I will just focus on a few key events which are interesting ... in my humble opinion.

2600 to 1100 BC: The Minoan civilisation exists in what is now Crete. The Minoan civilisation was the very first civilisation created by white Europeans. The Minoans were originally primitives who lived in huts made of wood. They soon became civilised by copying what the Middle East was doing at the time. In other words, "Western Civilisation" is actually Middle Eastern in origin.

800 BC to 600AD: Ancient Greece existed during this span of time. The Greeks had a certain degree of respect for the people of the Middle East, though they had no respect whatsoever for the white people who lived north of them. They were eventually conquered by Rome.

753 BC to 476 AD: Ancient Rome existed during this span of time. They had a certain degree of respect for Middle Eastern people, though they saw Germanic people as filthy animals. Many Germanic ethic groups were completely exterminated by the Roman empire. The Romans weren't fond of Celtic people either.

391 AD: The Serapeum of Alexandria is burned under the orders of Pope Theophilus of Alexandria because it is a meeting place for Platonic philosophers. The obvious goal of this was to destroy all pre-Christian European thought.

786 AD to 1258 AD: The Islamic Golden Age happened during this time span. During this era, the Islamic world was more scientifically advanced than Europe. At this time, Europeans thought of the Middle East as a magical land full of wealth. During this time, Muslim scholars preserved Ancient Greek philosophical texts which the European Christian leaders had tried to erase. During this time, some Islamic scientists suspected that Europeans were incapable of abstract thought. In other words, the old Muslims were wise, but some of them fell into the trap of racial pseudoscience. It happens.

1095 – 1099: The First Crusade happens. During this time, Europeans clerical leaders saw Islam as a heresy of Christianity, rather than an entirely separate religion.

14th Century: The Renaissance happens because Europeans have rediscovered Ancient Greek wisdom. This wisdom was preserved because the Muslims preserved it. Middle Eastern philosophical texts were also popular during this time period.

18th Century: The European Enlightenment happened during this time period. Democracy become popular during this time. The Enlightenment, much like Renaissance, happened because Ancient Greek wisdom was rediscovered because the Muslims preserved it.

1941: The Nazis invade the Soviet Union. They are especially brutal in this invasion because they think that Slavic people are filthy animals who are "not really white".

Today: The European far-right thinks that Middle Eastern people are filthy animals who want to destroy Western Civilisation and European history. How ironic.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 5:54 pm

slight correction: Stephen Greenblatt's book The Swerve is a well researched book about a specific latin text that was copied and kept and rediscovered in 1417 in a German monastery.
The text is Lucretius's "de rerum natura", which describes, in apparently exquisite language, otherwise lost Epicurean philosophy: atomism. (it also describes evolution. there's paintings of human evolution from the 16th century. Darwin's grandfather had a copy of the text. Thomas jefferson owned 5 copies).
Greenblatt's book makes a compelling argument that it was in fact this text that inspired modern science-

so... it appears the most important ancient text was -strangely enough- kept in a German monastery, and not brought to Europe by Islamic scholars in the 15th century.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 7:41 pm

Funny, those so called filthy Germanic and Celtic animals washed with warm water and soap, while the Romans washed in cold water and used oils.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 7:59 pm

Yep.....we definitely don't give credit where credit is due......

After the Crusades, the main European powers were very ticked off at the Islamic Ottoman Turks.

Frankly, we were pretty lucky in lots of ways; it's possible most of Europe could have come, at the very least, under the hegemony of the Ottomans.

This, probably, is one of the reasons why Islam lost its "prestige."

paintmepink
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Feb 2018, 12:05 pm

Thank you for a brief history, now if you turn your attention to the extended version; this would appease me much more than a brief history. Thanks.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 12:48 pm

paintmepink wrote:
Thank you for a brief history, now if you turn your attention to the extended version; this would appease me much more than a brief history. Thanks.

If provided a full version, we'd be here all day long. Do your own research.

I just provided a brief overview which debunks the claims that are made by the far-right people, who typically claim to be history experts. Islam is not inherently barbaric. Patriotism is an irrational form of brainwashing. Race is a social construct. I think that I've proved these points.

paintmepink
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Feb 2018, 1:42 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
paintmepink wrote:

If provided a full version, we'd be here all day long. Do your own research.

I just provided a brief overview which debunks the claims that are made by the far-right people, who typically claim to be history experts. Islam is not inherently barbaric. Patriotism is an irrational form of brainwashing. Race is a social construct. I think that I've proved these points.

Well thanks for your brief overview which did nothing to help anybody. I do my own research, and your research is about as good as fly on a wall.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 2:33 pm

paintmepink wrote:
Well thanks for your brief overview which did nothing to help anybody. I do my own research, and your research is about as good as fly on a wall.

Are you going to provide a counter-argument or are you just going to rely on argument by assertion?

You claim that I am missing some key details regarding European history which disprove my point, and yet you refuse to bring up these details.

What am I missing? Do you have any proof that race is a biological reality? Do you have any proof that Islam is inherently evil? Do you have any proof that patriotism is rational?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 2:44 pm

I agree with your view on race and Islam.

I do believe, however, that patriotism could be based on logic.

I find the Founding Fathers had a mostly rational basis for breaking away from Great Britain, and establishing the US.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 3:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

I find the Founding Fathers had a mostly rational basis for breaking away from Great Britain, and establishing the US.

I think there's patriotism, then there's nationalism. They're not the same thing.

paintmepink
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Feb 2018, 3:16 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
paintmepink wrote:

Are you going to provide a counter-argument or are you just going to rely on argument by assertion?

You claim that I am missing some key details regarding European history which disprove my point, and yet you refuse to bring up these details.

What am I missing? Do you have any proof that race is a biological reality? Do you have any proof that Islam is inherently evil? Do you have any proof that patriotism is rational?

Patriotism is rational. It's a group of people connected to the same ideology that are trying to defend it.

Hah! You make me laugh.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 3:21 pm

Nationalism doesn’t work.

A cursory study of history would make this evident.

Patriotism is love of country—but with a healthy respect for the dignity of nations other than their own.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 3:23 pm

I think it's safe to say that you adore the middle east.
This was extremely one sided.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 3:38 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

The Founding Fathers did not break away from the British Empire because they had national loyalty. They wanted democracy.

If they had been driven by national loyalty, they would have been Empire loyalists.

If you side with a particular country for purely rational reasons, that isn't patriotism. Patriotism is when you ignore the flaws of one country (usually the one in which you live) and ignore the achievements of other countries.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 3:40 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I think there's patriotism, then there's nationalism. They're not the same thing.

Isn't nationalism just an extreme form of patriotism?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 3:42 pm

A very extreme form. They overdo patriotism.

Most patriots don’t really care for nationalists.