Cheddar Man: Mesolithic Britain's Blue-Eyed Boy

Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 7:57 pm

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/cheddar-man-mesolithic-britain-blue-eyed-boy.html

TL;DR: Scientists have done some tests on the remains of a man who lived in Britain 10,000 years ago. They have nicknamed him "Cheddar Man". The tests reveal that he had blue eyes ... and brown skin.

This proves that European people evolved white skin long after they came to Europe. For a long time, "white people" weren't even white.

I'm still waiting for Wallace and Gromit to find Wensleydale Man. :lol:

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 8:42 pm

The knuckleheads of the 'Britain First' cult must be loving that!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 8:45 pm

I'll have to read up on this!

I hope they find Neanderthals in Britain.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 9:02 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'll have to read up on this!

I hope they find Neanderthals in Britain.

They did.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/06/100601124124.htm

Neanderthals managed to reach Britain because the sea level was lower back then and England was connected to mainland Europe.

Additionally, it seems that Neanderthals were white before white skin ever evolved in Homo sapiens sapiens.

Last edited by DarthMetaKnight on 08 Feb 2018, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 9:10 pm

I thought this was common knowledge interestingly the first humans had light skin and evolved darker skin.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 9:17 pm

Australian Aborigines, in the past, were considered "Caucasoids" because they are dark-skinned, but have straight-to-wavy hair, which is sometimes blond.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 9:43 pm

Yeah I always found it strange how Americans use the term Caucasian to mean white as western Asians, North Africans and south Asians are Caucasoid.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 9:46 pm

It's usually used as a euphemism for "white" here.

When I think of Caucasian, I think of "Indo-European." And how they spread from their "origins" in Asia Minor.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 10:00 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
I thought this was common knowledge interestingly the first humans had light skin and evolved darker skin.

Neanderthals were not our ancestors.

The famous March of Progress image is actually infamous within the scientific community, since it implies that evolution goes in a straight line. Real evolution almost always creates a branching tree pattern, not a straight line. This is true even for the evolution of humanoid apes.

When Cheddar Man lived in Britain, Neanderthals had already been extinct for 30,000 years.

Thus, white skin evolved independently in Neanderthals and European Homo sapiens.

The earliest true humans were likely black. This would have helped them cope with the hot tropical sun.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 10:02 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Australian Aborigines, in the past, were considered "Caucasoids" because they are dark-skinned, but have straight-to-wavy hair, which is sometimes blond.

This is likely another example of convergent evolution.

I don't see how Europeans possibly could have reached Australia prior to the Age of Exploration.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 10:08 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
Yeah I always found it strange how Americans use the term Caucasian to mean white as western Asians, North Africans and south Asians are Caucasoid.

The word "Caucasian" is used this way because, for a long time, anthropologists believed that white people originated in the Caucasus Mountains.

This hypothesis is now in trouble. The new evidence suggests that ancestral white people evolved dark skin after, not before, they settled in Europe.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 10:33 pm

Darth I wasn't talking about Neanderthals but yes they are the ancestors of Europeans. After Humans lost the majority of Body hair dark skin evolved its self being an adaptation.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 11:23 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
Darth I wasn't talking about Neanderthals but yes they are the ancestors of Europeans.

Perhaps there was some intermixing between Cro-Magnons and Neanderthals, but it was so insignificantly small that it doesn't really matter.

Overall, I think that the media has been over-emphasizing the intermixing between Neanderthals and Cro-Magnons. Some people blame Neanderthal DNA for everything from autism to epilepsy to whiteness.

In reality, Neanderthal DNA makes up an insignificantly small portion of the human genome. None of the existing human ethnic groups possess the unique bone structure and throat structure which was present in Neanderthals. Addionally, Cheddar Man's dark skin is proof that Neanderthals didn't even turn Europeans white.

The Neanderthal DNA in Europeans is likely junk DNA.

Quote:
After Humans lost the majority of Body hair dark skin evolved its self being an adaptation.

Okay. You were talking about earlier hominids? That makes much more sense.

I got confused because I don't consider those early hominids to be human. They were humanoid apes. They lacked the intelligence and creativity which makes us human. They also would have been incapable of speaking modern human languages. Thus, I don't like to use the word "human" to describe them.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 11:44 pm

Junk DNA isn't actually a real thing. Most Europeans actually have about 2% Neanderthal DNA which I think is not insignificant. The early humans were absolutely humans there are plenty of people which severe mental disability which means they lack intelligence and creativity yet we still consider them human. I think if early humans were alive today we'd be shocked at how human they were, personally I support great ape personhood because they are so like us you can find videos on Youtube of chimps laughing at magic tricks.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 12:00 am

Daniel89 wrote:
Junk DNA isn't actually a real thing. Most Europeans actually have about 2% Neanderthal DNA which I think is not insignificant. The early humans were absolutely humans there are plenty of people which severe mental disability which means they lack intelligence and creativity yet we still consider them human. I think if early humans were alive today we'd be shocked at how human they were, personally I support great ape personhood because they are so like us you can find videos on Youtube of chimps laughing at magic tricks.

I always find it odd when right-wingers start speaking in favor of animal rights. It's actually pretty chilling. No other species hates itself this much.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 12:48 am

Cheddar man could easily pass for an Indian. The Indian languages are mostly based on Sanskrit and Sanskrit type languages (grouped as Indo-Iranian) represents the earliest form of Indo-European language and likely this group present in Central Asia were the one's who entered Europe around 5000 Yrs ago at exactly the same time they entered Persia, Greece and India.

British ancestry is 60% indigenous so plenty of dreaded "paki" blood flows through good old British racists