Macomb County teacher charged with abusing autistic students

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 1:35 am

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/macomb-county-teacher-charged-with-abusing-students-with-autism

Quote:
A special education teacher in the Macomb County Intermediate School District is charged with abusing her students.

Brittany Stevens, 28, worked with students who have autism at Sequoyah Elementary, and police said both she verbally and physically abused them. She’s facing three counts of child abuse.

Officials with the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office said Stevens was arrested for physically and abusing her non-verbal students with autism between the ages of 8-9 years old.

School leaders said she was teaching out of the Sequoyah Elementary building, but she was employed by the Macomb Intermediate School District.

The alleged abuse took place last month, when the Sheriff’s Office received a complaint that Stevens was inappropriately disciplining studen

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman