British charity Oxfam pimped Haiti survivors

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 10:49 am

Did anyone read the news about that? Several Oxfam volunteers were accused of paying peanuts to have sex with survivors of the Haiti earthquake which killed thousands and also left hundreds of thousandshomeless. Human beings sure are nice, ha ha!

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 4:12 pm

charity is the drowning of rights in mercy.

I think the poor half of the world will at some point figure out what guillotines are for.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 4:54 pm

shlaifu wrote:
charity is the drowning of rights in mercy.

Too true.

shlaifu wrote:
I think the poor half of the world will at some point figure out what guillotines are for.

I think the west is so corrupt right now that it doesn't even feel like keeping up the illusion of fairness. I'm hearing more and more from people that the H1B visa, while it sounds great on the surface, is a great way of stealing the best minds from other countries and cultures (destroying their human resource) as well as undercutting the salaries of our own scientists. Also when we dump agricultural products in the third world we destroy their farmers.

I think when 'Goliath' as Bret and Eric Weinstein are often calling it these days finally catches a stone to the forehead we might, hopefully, formulate a culture that's more about giving them fishing poles than fish or has its utmost concern in figuring out how to stabilize their cultures to cultivate functional institutions and economies. Until that point we'll be both helping and sabotaging them in either nearly equal parts or sabotaging them slightly more than helping.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 5:06 pm

Oxfam isn't a charity its a Marxist think tank, capitalism has lifted more out of poverty that charity has.