Professor fails US student over Australia being a Country

Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 9:21 pm

Back in my day, there was only one continent, and we liked it that way dagnabbit!

You new-fangled mammals think you are so fancy with your fur and your upright posture. Back in my day, we had to crawl towards the sun if we wanted to keep warm ... and we liked it that way!

There were no birds either! Who invented birds anyway? Why do those crazy diapsids think they're so hot? God gave land to the vertebrates. Flying is for bugs!

#makePangaeagreatagain

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Amaltheia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Feb 2018, 9:26 pm

Using plate tectonics to define continents does have some interesting effects:

India, the Arabian peninsula, The Caribbean, and the Philippines all become separate continents.

We have a number of sunken or submerged continents (plates with no major land masses above water, only some islands): the Pacific Plate, the Nazca plate west of South America, the Scotia plate at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, and the Cocos plate west of Central America.

Also, Greenland and the eastern part of Siberia would be part of North America.

As far as I know, though, only geologists use plate tectonics in this way.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 9:37 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Back in my day, there was only one continent, and we liked it that way dagnabbit!
(snip)
#makePangaeagreatagain

Heh. You whippersnappers.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Amaltheia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Feb 2018, 9:54 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
#makePangaeagreatagain

Keep up the good fight! In about 250 million years, give or take, you should get there!

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 10:22 pm

Amaltheia wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
#makePangaeagreatagain

Keep up the good fight! In about 250 million years, give or take, you should get there!

The Atlantic Ocean was made by commies!

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 8:50 pm

Amaltheia wrote:
Using plate tectonics to define continents does have some interesting effects:

India, the Arabian peninsula, The Caribbean, and the Philippines all become separate continents.

We have a number of sunken or submerged continents (plates with no major land masses above water, only some islands): the Pacific Plate, the Nazca plate west of South America, the Scotia plate at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, and the Cocos plate west of Central America.

Also, Greenland and the eastern part of Siberia would be part of North America.

As far as I know, though, only geologists use plate tectonics in this way.

Maybe we could do it this way: the plates that have landmasses could be called "continents", and the plates that don't have landmasses could all be called "Depends" because they would be "incontinents". :D