Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 4:30 pm

I’d win the lottery. Rent a small house, buy a car, truck and guns. I’d probably move to Indiana so I can have a pet fox. Maybe meet a lady online who’d put up with me in exchange for being provided for, if not I’d just live alone with my fox and travel to shooting classes.

So I buy a ticket when it’s gets ver 10 million.

If you mean something that will likely happen, I have nothing given how hopeless my situation is.
I use to but it’s been made clear to me even my minimalistic ideas are impossible.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 4:32 pm

Why would you rent a house----if you can buy it?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 4:39 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Why would you rent a house----if you can buy it?

You get monthly payments for 30 years.
Likely not enough to buy a house. Plus then I could move if desired to escape people. Probably have the house rented via companies.

I dont know if I’d actually move to Indiana though I’d miss the coast, here I could rent a house and a beach house. I don’t want to live on the beach but I’d like to visit. Maybe I’d spend weekends there. Say I won 7 million a year. That’s only 500, a month half goes into savings, then I give my family and acquaintances 5,000; month each. And I’d want to help fund some houses for homeless. It’s be more sense to rent since no one would give loans to buy the houses, I would be able to buy a car and truck out right though.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 4:59 pm

You can buy the house outright. All you have to do is pay the real estate taxes.

A "mortgage" is based upon the inability (of most people) to pay the complete cost of a house (usually over $100,000). So, instead, they "pay it off" monthly, with interest added.

Buying a house "outright" saves you from having to pay the interest.

If somebody "buys" a $100,000 house on a 30-year mortgage, that person probably will pay more than $300,000, in those 30 years.

eeVenye
Raven
Raven

10 Feb 2018, 5:59 pm

Realistically:

Save up for a wooded property with a few acres (5-15) in northern Michigan (lower or UP, I could be persuaded either way).
Build or, more likely, renovate a house, including a library, study, game room, & convert a garage or barn into a chapel.
While I won't likely be able to completely retire (due to need in the field), I'll have my quasi-eremitic seclusion.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 9:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You can buy the house outright. All you have to do is pay the real estate taxes.

A "mortgage" is based upon the inability (of most people) to pay the complete cost of a house (usually over $100,000). So, instead, they "pay it off" monthly, with interest added.

Buying a house "outright" saves you from having to pay the interest.

If somebody "buys" a $100,000 house on a 30-year mortgage, that person probably will pay more than $300,000, in those 30 years.

I meant I wouldn’t be able to afford to buy a house out right unless I won one of those 500 million lotteries. You’d have to save as the payments are monthly.

DancingQueen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Feb 2018, 9:45 pm

Group of close friends, go out out on the weekends with them, a job, live alone, go travelling with said friends, love my life, be happy. That's what I want right now anyway, I don't want to live alone forever.

I made it my new year's resolution to obtain this but so far, haven't managed to take any sort of step yet.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 9:54 pm

DancingQueen wrote:
Group of close friends, go out out on the weekends with them, a job, live alone, go travelling with said friends, love my life, be happy. That's what I want right now anyway, I don't want to live alone forever.

I made it my new year's resolution to obtain this but so far, haven't managed to take any sort of step yet.

I present to you, your ideal theme song.

Since you lacked enough dancing in your ideal life.

DancingQueen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Feb 2018, 11:06 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
DancingQueen wrote:

I present to you, your ideal theme song.

Since you lacked enough dancing in your ideal life.
Oh there is plenty of dancing in my ideal life thank you!

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 12:36 am

-being retired, and in good health.
-teaching/preserving wing chun and tai chi chuan for free.
-living in a cabin with its own study, library, dojo, archery range, and horse stables.
-having a beloved’s hand to hold throughout grand adventures.

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 5:12 pm

Hmm, I'm trying to keep my future very flexible. I find even the best-laid plans tend to change for me.

- Perform live music
- Be working a comfortable job I actually enjoy, regardless of what that is
- Build up a collection of books again
- Feel confident about myself and my life
- Raise some type of companion animal, probably birds of some kind
- Become skilled enough in one of my hobbies to teach

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 7:20 am

My ideal life would be to buy a unit in a high rise condo in the inner city where all the shops and restaurants (and girls) are. The suburbs are boring me and I want a nice view. Preferably from a unit in one of the upper floors. Besides most of the girls I date either live in the city, work in the city and/or go to university in the city so it would greatly improve my dating life.

If I keep saving at the current rate for 3 or 4 years I should be able to make the down-payment on a unit in the city. I aim to get a newly built one, something in the modern style.

Julu
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Feb 2018, 10:19 am

- Have a cabin in nature I can go to and get away from everything, that I can also use as an art studio.
- Have a little apartment with my boyfriend.
- Have a similar style job to the one I have now, but where I'm treated better.
- Or preferably to have a more creative job or to work on more creative projects, like make a stage show or TV show.
- Have a nice balance between having some friends I see occasionally and time for myself and my interests

I'd like to think that's attainable

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 1:24 pm

I plan on getting my English degree, but I know I'm going to spend the rest of my life sweeping floors and scrubbing toilets.

I excel at creative jobs, but getting into those jobs require social connections I'm incapable of making.

Meh. Think I'll go get drunk now.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

B19
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 7:45 pm

Some would see my life as near to an ideal for an AS person. I live in a beautiful place in a beautiful city in a beautiful country, I am retired from the rat race of working life, I have enough financial security to last for the rest of my life, and I have a great family of mainly AS children and grandchildren whom I love very much, and ready access to the natural world which I also love very much.

However. I cannot say it is ideal as long as the barriers created by NTs who are the gatekeepers in the society I live in, and XFG for example lives in, remain. The prejudice that keeps the gatekeeping in place means I live in a culture (as AS people everywhere do) which practices exclusion on many levels. No AS life can ever be ideal in a culture of prejudice.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 10:28 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
I plan on getting my English degree, but I know I'm going to spend the rest of my life sweeping floors and scrubbing toilets.

I excel at creative jobs, but getting into those jobs require social connections I'm incapable of making.

Meh. Think I'll go get drunk now.

It's a bummer, that talent alone won't cut it in these fields.

That's partially why I gave up on my goals of a creative career aswell.