I can't get over this one

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Feb 2018, 12:36 pm

My janitor offered to put bags of laundry through the washer. When he came back he said, "You have to take care of your ass!"

That's it. Hand me the cyanide.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 4:17 pm

The janitor sounds like a nut.

Don't let him make you feel that way.

If I get sad, watching old hockey games might do the trick. You did say you used to like Bobby Orr.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 4:42 pm

What’s that mean? Like you have a big butt? Was he washing your underwear? Why’d your let him if so. 0.o I’d neber let anyone me was my clothes, not even if I had a gf.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 4:45 pm

The janitor didn't want to do Claradoon's laundry, even though he offered to do it.

He "bit off more than he could chew," so to speak.

It was too hard of a job for him, it turned out.

Not Claradoon's fault. He offered.

A classy man would have done the laundry for her, then not offer to do it again.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 6:17 pm

Claradoon wrote:
My janitor offered to put bags of laundry through the washer. When he came back he said, "You have to take care of your ass!"

Do you have continence problems? It can be embarrassing I know. Maybe he meant it in a supportive helpful way?

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Feb 2018, 6:57 pm

AnneOleson wrote:
Claradoon wrote:

Do you have continence problems? It can be embarrassing I know. Maybe he meant it in a supportive helpful way?

You got it. My laundry was all in a big green garbage bag and he offered to put it through - so, like, dump the contents in the washer, insert coins, press Go. I told him it was already sorted and the setting should be Polyester.
I don't think he handled my clothes. I think a few months of 'leaky' clothes must have had a smell that knocked him over. I cannot afford Depends but I bought them anyway and today he said he can't smell anything. Yes, he was trying to be helpful.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 7:03 pm

I'm glad you're still "here," Claradoon.

I wouldn't want you to "go."

There's lots in that head of yours that I like.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Feb 2018, 7:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The janitor sounds like a nut.

Don't let him make you feel that way.

If I get sad, watching old hockey games might do the trick. You did say you used to like Bobby Orr.

I'm so glad to hear from you. Honestly, it doesn't get lower than this. Oh, yeah, don't tempt fate.

It seems I'm a 76yo smelly old hag, whose memory is going, and who is terrified of taking a shower, and who weighs so much that I can't get off the floor if I fall, which I do. Also I dodder along with a walker.

I usually call janitor Concierge. He's very helpful. When a tenant died, he got permission and brought me a bureau for my bedroom and a hutch for the living room. Beautiful old wood. And so I could unpack - what he washed was 2 big bags of polyester that had stayed unwashed since I moved.

He stopped by today and I mentioned it and he said, "I don't smell anything. It's gone." Still hard to forget.

He's worried about whether I'm still alive so he takes out my garbage for me and if I miss a day he stops by with some bit of conversation. Sometimes I sleep for days. I'd love to take a pill and sleep for a week or two.

I still identify more with Asp than anybody else. There's an element of truth in there somewhere.

re Bobby Orr - I'd love to watch his old games. But I don't have a TV. I once bought the entire series of Boston/Montreal on VHS, but the whole thing was clips, not games. But it's a good idea, maybe in June - remember I'm bankrupt and sponging off my sister.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Feb 2018, 7:21 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm glad you're still "here," Claradoon.

I wouldn't want you to "go."

There's lots in that head of yours that I like.

I'm not threatening suicide at all.
Although I wouldn't mind getting hit by a truck.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 7:24 pm

You can watch old hockey games on YouTube. If you have YouTube, you could probably catch Bobby Orr playing.

Just Google: 1960s Bruins hockey games--or something like that.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Feb 2018, 7:31 pm

I'll go to YouTube now.
Thanks.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Feb 2018, 8:16 pm

I watched a long interview of Bobby Orr with Gian Ghomeshi. I know GG is in disgrace but I don't think we have to avoid everything he ever did. Anyway, Orr mentioned his age - I wonder what he said. A year older than me. It was the "book tour" interview. He's the same shy, good-humoured, highly-principled guy we knew back when. I think his nose weighs more than his knees. Good to see him again. I remember the book - it was really good and he says he did write it himself, with a friend. The book had a conversational tone, very pleasant.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Feb 2018, 8:18 pm

Everything else I found on YouTube for Bobby Orr was 2 or 5 minutes long - clips, I guess.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 8:28 pm

Look for clips of Bruins games from ‘66 to about ‘75 or so.

Especially early, he was prominent.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 8:33 pm

You’ll have to watch the games, though.

I saw him in a Rangers-Bruins playoff game from around 1971.

Park played with Orr in the mid 70s.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Feb 2018, 9:40 pm

Thank you. I watched 1968 Boston Toronto. Very refreshing. :) Might be worth getting a tv.