Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 5:30 pm

I saw a tempting job posting, but it is just a seasonal job. But it could give me more recent job experience and it pays well... But no health benefits and me and husband depend on our medical coverage... I mean right now on SSI and low income we get free Medicaid but I'm kinda afraid to work a job like this. I have applied to two permanent jobs that do have benefits, but they are a totally different direction (two permanent ones are teaching with live animals and one would require me to move vs. a seasonal scientific job requiring a temp move). The science job I would probably be more likely to get and my husband has connections to people in the area and it could lead to me getting more experience to look tempting to a grad school because it's for a university.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Feb 2018, 3:19 pm

I take the job that gives you experience for the better job in the future. Even if you loose health coverage maybe the better job in the future will have even better benefits. Don't stay in a job that is not your expertise just because you are afraid of medical bills. I get it America will ruin you over that but still.