Which traits do girls find attractive in guys?

Page 1 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Feb 2018, 12:32 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
The traits most universally attractive are confidence and a sense of homour. The only debate is over where the line between confidence and arrogance is and what's funny. Also men are more attractive when they are interacting with pets or doing manual things like putting up fences ect.

Interesting. I get the humour and the pets, and it is truly fascinating watching my boyfriend building a motorcycle. But I've never considered confidence as a partner-criteria. However, most of my previous partners have been confident, and that's how I ended up with them. Because they were confident enough to basically drag me into a relationship. Makes me wonder if confidence really is attractive, or if confident people are just better at getting what they want?

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’m a chubby short guy :(

I'd go for a chubby short guy any day. I bet it makes for really great hugs!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 6:10 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Also must love animals. Non negotiable.

All animalsnor just animals?
I like cats and foxes. Fish are ok too.
I don’t like dogs or reptiles.
Most women have dogs :/

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 6:12 pm

Some girls are cat lovers; others are dog lovers.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 6:16 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Cats rule, dogs drool.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 6:19 pm

I used to be really scared of dogs. I’ve gotten to the point where I like them somewhat.

Cats still are the Cat’s Meow, though.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 6:23 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Which traits do girls find attractive in guys? Meaning physical traits or personality traits. Be honest. I'm really curious about this.

Psychological experiments have been done in which women were shown two pictures of the same man, and asked if they would marry, date, or consider having sex with him. In one, he was dressed in an expensive business suit. In the other, a Burger King uniform. It was found that the women all were far more likely to do all of the above with him when he was dressed in the Italian suit rather than the paper hat.

What do females find attractive? A nice big fat bank account. And I'm not saying that as a bad thing. Its understandable in an evolutionary sense.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 6:29 pm

sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

For me it's ALL animals. I don't equate "I love animals" with "I love pets" though I know many people do. I love spiders and mosquitos as much as any other animal. Disliking mosquitos is not a dealbreaker, but he'd have to at least respect the animals he's scared of or doesn't like.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 6:55 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

In my area and much of the north west most women have dogs they may also have cats but they have a dog and take it everywhere with them and let it lick their face and worse stuff eww

No I couldn’t be with a dog lady I wouldn’t be able to kiss her knowing her face had been licked by the dog.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 6:58 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

For me it's ALL animals. I don't equate "I love animals" with "I love pets" though I know many people do. I love spiders and mosquitos as much as any other animal. Disliking mosquitos is not a dealbreaker, but he'd have to at least respect the animals he's scared of or doesn't like.

I respect all animals and feel bad when killing any.
You weren’t around for when I accidentally killed a cricket :(

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 7:09 pm

Why do girls like dogs so much? Is it a maternal thing?

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 7:19 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:

Unconditional love and companionship. I would imagine that is why anyone loves dogs because they have evolved alongside humans long enough to understand our emotions and can pick up our queues. So dogs understand us at our most basic level.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 8:00 pm

Cats are really good at sensing our emotions, too—but they are quite Aspie about it.....

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 8:16 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Unconditional love and companionship. I would imagine that is why anyone loves dogs because they have evolved alongside humans long enough to understand our emotions and can pick up our queues. So dogs understand us at our most basic level.

It sounds like dogs are far better at detecting emotions and consoling people than I am.

If a girl rejected me and took the dog home instead, I wouldn't blame her. The dog can probably offer more emotional support than I can.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 8:27 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

It sounds like dogs are far better at detecting emotions and consoling people than I am.

If a girl rejected me and took the dog home instead, I wouldn't blame her. The dog can probably offer more emotional support than I can.

That's because as I mentioned, dogs mimic the same innate abilities NT's have. It's a good thing you have the ability to improve skills that may help you down the road. Don't lose faith Retro, if you have good intentions and put forth the effort to better yourself, I'm sure you will win someone's heart over one day and if they are the right person you can lead a happy fulfilling life.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 9:09 pm

Just remember this bit of advice Retro. If what you want most in life is a happy, fulfilling relationship, growing bitter will undermine what you desire most in life so stay optimistic.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 9:17 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
^^ Amen.

And the willingness to take the woman at her word. To believe her, in other words, when she tells you something she considers important; and to take her seriously when she's speaking seriously.

If you want a magic formula, that's probably it right there.

Exactly this.

And I would add:

Humility
Kindness
Compassion
Trusts in me and I in him
Would treat me and my quirks, differences, emotions and anxieties with care, compassion, acceptance and patience
Is non-Judgmental
Can be together, in complete silence, without feeling awkward
Enjoys adventuring/discovering new and interesting places
Is fond of spending time in nature /natural settings/the mountains/ocean, hiking, walking, etcetera
Can be together, while engaging in things, independently, from one another
+