Which traits do girls find attractive in guys?

Page 2 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 9:17 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
^^ Amen.

And the willingness to take the woman at her word. To believe her, in other words, when she tells you something she considers important; and to take her seriously when she's speaking seriously.

If you want a magic formula, that's probably it right there.

Exactly this.

And I would add:

Humility
Kindness
Compassion
Trusts in me and I in him
Would treat me and my quirks, differences, emotions and anxieties with care, compassion, acceptance and patience
Is non-Judgmental
Can be together, in complete silence, without feeling awkward
Enjoys adventuring/discovering new and interesting places
Is fond of spending time in nature /natural settings/the mountains/ocean, hiking, walking, etcetera
Can be together, while engaging in things, independently, from one another
+

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 10:35 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Why do girls like dogs so much? Is it a maternal thing?

Yes I think so. They call the dog their baby and treat her t similar to if it was their kid.

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Feb 2018, 12:57 am

sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Yes I think so. They call the dog their baby and treat her t similar to if it was their kid.

Yeah, I must confess guilty of this one. I didn't use to like dogs at all. Then my boyfriend brought one home, basically left me in charge of it, and I was so pissed, because I really didn't want to deal with that kind of responsibility. But she grew on me, and now I love that dog to bits.
I still resent the boyfriend for forcing it onto me (much like mothers resent the men that knocked them up, I guess), but I do - embarrassingly - call the dog "baby" and I would murder for that little b***h.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 1:30 am

blackicmenace wrote:
Just remember this bit of advice Retro. If what you want most in life is a happy, fulfilling relationship, growing bitter will undermine what you desire most in life so stay optimistic.

Don't worry, I'm fine now. I just had another mood swing due to stress at work. At the peak of my mood swings I think I'm a pretty cool guy who can win a girl's heart with my charm and wit yet and the trough of my mood swings I think I'm a horrible person who doesn't deserve to have a girlfriend.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 3:39 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
Just remember this bit of advice Retro. If what you want most in life is a happy, fulfilling relationship, growing bitter will undermine what you desire most in life so stay optimistic.

Don't worry, I'm fine now. I just had another mood swing due to stress at work. At the peak of my mood swings I think I'm a pretty cool guy who can win a girl's heart with my charm and wit yet and the trough of my mood swings I think I'm a horrible person who doesn't deserve to have a girlfriend.

Life has a funny way of surprising you when you least expect it. Some lucky lady will find a hidden diamond if the rough. Women love confidence so if you can continue to project self confidence and get past the lows and stay positive you will succeed once you find the right person.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 4:46 am

blackicmenace wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

Life has a funny way of surprising you when you least expect it. Some lucky lady will find a hidden diamond if the rough. Women love confidence so if you can continue to project self confidence and get past the lows and stay positive you will succeed once you find the right person.

True but I'm worried that by the time that happens my life will be half way over.

It's a good thing I also enjoy being single. However, I think there are even financial disadvantages from being single, as I miss out on the benefits of a combined income. If I was in a couple my rent would be the same but we could both pay half each. The rent on a nice apartment is quite a lot to pay by oneself.

If I married young we could have bought a house much sooner. Single, I can save at a slower rate because some things like rent are effectively more expensive when you're single. I also had to pay the running expenses of a car by myself (until I sold it).

Even the length of my mortgage may be effected. Perhaps married with a combined income we could pay off the mortgage in 10 years. Alone it could take me 20 years.

Another thing I don't like about waiting is, I could be 40 or 45 and find a nice woman who wants to be with me - who is the same age.

I find it hard to imagine myself being attracted to a middle aged woman, even if I myself am the same age. Most couples are of similar age. Most of the girls I've been with were roughly the same age as me. The time when I can go out with young and pretty women without having a massive age gap is rapidly coming to an end.

palaua
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Feb 2018, 6:38 am

I can't speak for all women but the general standards including conscious and subconscious keys of attraction mainly the following:

Physically wise:

Height
Frame
Facial aesthetics
Shared physical features, IE. If she belongs the same race it's likely she finds your more attractive
You resemble her father physically vise

Socially/Personally wise:

High verbal IQ
NT personality
Alpha
High Status
Have a high salary

Galymcd
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Feb 2018, 12:17 pm

It’s actually unbelievably simple. I hate to act like I know a secret or that I’m pushing my way of thinking, but seriously, man, it’s simple.

Do this one thing and you’re essentially doing all the heavy lifting in attracting a woman’s interest- have confidence. Now of course that means doing many things in of itself- being brave and assertive, being self-secure, and of course, laughing at yourself, among other things. But it all falls under, and goes back to, having good self-esteem.

However way you want to present yourself, most of the time a healthy dose of confidence will bring out your best qualities, whatever they are. It boils down to 85% confidence, 15% other positive traits and abilities. Find yourself and your identity, and confidence in your identity will do most of the hard work.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 1:30 pm

Embla wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Yeah, I must confess guilty of this one. I didn't use to like dogs at all. Then my boyfriend brought one home, basically left me in charge of it, and I was so pissed, because I really didn't want to deal with that kind of responsibility. But she grew on me, and now I love that dog to bits.
I still resent the boyfriend for forcing it onto me (much like mothers resent the men that knocked them up, I guess), but I do - embarrassingly - call the dog "baby" and I would murder for that little b***h.

Do you let it lick your face or lick your ice cream then keep eating it yourself?
I can’t stand thst. It’s so unhygienic.
I’d like to kiss my gfs face and such but couldn’t knowing it’s very likely the dog licked her.
I’d prefer a cat liking lady.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 1:43 pm

sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Also must love animals. Non negotiable.

All animalsnor just animals?
I like cats and foxes. Fish are ok too.
I don’t like dogs or reptiles.
Most women have dogs :/

A general respect for all animals, yes. You don’t have to want one as a pet. Anyone who would hurt a creature and feel okay about it isn’t compatible with me.

I am abnormally empathetic towards creatures in the sense of I was out on a walk one evening and I doubled back to the supermarket to buy sugar and water so I could feed an exhausted honey bee I found. That isn’t really normal behaviour, I wouldn’t expect that of others, but it’s just the way I am.

I’m less empathetic towards Functioning adults for some reason. I care a lot for the walfare of children, the elderly and non functioning adults who rely on care, as they cannot help themselves.

Last edited by hale_bopp on 13 Feb 2018, 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 1:47 pm

sly279 wrote:
Embla wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Do you let it lick your face or lick your ice cream then keep eating it yourself?
I’d like to kiss my gfs face and such but couldn’t knowing it’s very likely the dog licked her.

:D I like cats, and dogs, but I don't want to share their saliva.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 2:05 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Also must love animals. Non negotiable.

All animalsnor just animals?
I like cats and foxes. Fish are ok too.
I don’t like dogs or reptiles.
Most women have dogs :/

A general respect for all animals, yes. You don’t have to want one as a pet. Anyone who would hurt a creature and feel okay about it isn’t compatible with me.

I am abnormally empathetic towards creatures in the sense of I was out on a walk one evening and I doubled back to the supermarket to buy sugar and water so I could feed an exhausted honey bee I found. That isn’t really normal behaviour, I wouldn’t expect that of others, but it’s just the way I am.

I’m less empathetic towards Functioning adults for some reason. I care a lot for the walfare of children, the elderly and non functioning adults who rely on care, as they cannot help themselves.

Will the bee drink surgar water?
I’ve lesrned they eat sugar surup in bee hives. If I had mor land I think I’d do bee keeping. Gotta be safe but it’d be cool to care for bees and I wouldn’t want theirnhoney.

I sent 5-10 mins trying to save a bettle on the street who’d tipped over. Unfortunately it couldn’t not tip back over. I dont know what happen, someone probably lighting steps on its legs :( I feel bad for the warms on the sidewalk trying to escape the rain. So I walk slower and use a flashlight at night so I don’t step on any of them or the slugs or snails
People find it weird.
My family dislikes I won’t kill spiders unless there’s no other choice. I capture them and put them outside. Fsmily says there just come back. But just like the worms. What makes their life’s any less worth. Why kill something you don’t have to. I do kill spiders when I have to. I feel bad. Most people don’t care about insects or lower life’s. There are people who purposely run over turtles crossing the road. I’d probably get out and help them across. Even cats. I swerved once to avoid s cat. My friend got pissed and said I should just ran it over. A lot of people don’t care about life beyond themselves.

For this I’m cosnsidered weak. Especially for not hunting. A lot of people hunt in the northwest of USA. Especially men. Another reason women don’t consider me a real man.
I just don’t need to go out and kill a deer. I wouldn’t enjoy such activity. I wouldn’t be able to clean them after either. I hate seeing the mounts at work I just feel,sorry for them. Nit only killed but then their body put on display :( doesn’t seem respectful to me.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 2:08 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Embla wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

:D I like cats, and dogs, but I don't want to share their saliva.

My cat wouldn’t stop trying to suck me so I wouldn’t let him in my room for a while.
My family has a dog I like and like me I call him my distance dog. As I can’t touch him. But he tries to lick me. Most the others have lesrned not to snd just smell me. They sense I don’t like it I guess. So I wouldn’t own dogs, and I’d like to have a gf who doesn’t either, but that’s not realistic in the pnw.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 2:18 pm

^ The fact you care for creatures doesn’t make you weak. It makes you an evolved human being.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 2:21 pm

Quote:
I find it hard to imagine myself being attracted to a middle aged woman, even if I myself am the same age. Most couples are of similar age. Most of the girls I've been with were roughly the same age as me. The time when I can go out with young and pretty women without having a massive age gap is rapidly coming to an end.

That’s because you are not yet that age. As you get older, older people become more attractive.

I think you need to work on your ego. You can feel good about yourself without arm candy.

It’s very costly in the property market being single. That’s probably the biggest disadvantage.

Blanknight
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Feb 2018, 7:13 pm

Being attractive really. Just be good looking, that's pretty much it honestly.