I don't understand social media at all.

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 1:23 am

yeah i just have facebook for the memes. and even then usually its s**t all i get is ads.

i also dont understand Selfies. why have so many photos of yourself all the time. i understand a few here and there but some people take like 20 a day can you calm down! i dont remember the last selfie i took.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 1:35 am

I don't really understand the problem here... if some form of social media is more trouble than it's useful for you then just don't use it. It's that simple. And I don't use the rest of those, but doesn't Facebook have an unfollow -option? The kind that prevents you from automatically seeing the posts of the people you've unfollowed? Just use that or delete the people who annoy you from your friendlist.

As for me, I mostly use Facebook for the hobby groups and going through funny memes. That's my way of using it and it's not any less or any more right than the other ways other people use it.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 2:46 am

bunnyb wrote:
I did have a creepy FB experience recently. I went to a therapist and he told me his wife is an equestrian too. This was odd as I hadn't mentioned horses and in fact, I no longer have any. I told him I don't have horses and he said "But on Facebook you have lots of pictures of your horses." and then he picked up a piece of paper and started reading out all the names of the horses I used to have. This really freaked me out because my FB page is a closed page. Members of the general public can't see anything. When I got home, I checked the log-in record and my account was logged into by an i-pad from a place I haven't been to in over 20 years. The creep hacked me :evil: Needless to say I'm never going back :ninja: .

And that was a therapist 8O

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 3:50 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
bunnyb wrote:
I did have a creepy FB experience recently. I went to a therapist and he told me his wife is an equestrian too. This was odd as I hadn't mentioned horses and in fact, I no longer have any. I told him I don't have horses and he said "But on Facebook you have lots of pictures of your horses." and then he picked up a piece of paper and started reading out all the names of the horses I used to have. This really freaked me out because my FB page is a closed page. Members of the general public can't see anything. When I got home, I checked the log-in record and my account was logged into by an i-pad from a place I haven't been to in over 20 years. The creep hacked me :evil: Needless to say I'm never going back :ninja: .

And that was a therapist 8O

Yeah, I know. I can really pick 'em :roll:

Roo95
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Mar 2018, 2:41 am

Fireblossom wrote:
I don't really understand the problem here... if some form of social media is more trouble than it's useful for you then just don't use it. It's that simple. And I don't use the rest of those, but doesn't Facebook have an unfollow -option? The kind that prevents you from automatically seeing the posts of the people you've unfollowed? Just use that or delete the people who annoy you from your friendlist.

As for me, I mostly use Facebook for the hobby groups and going through funny memes. That's my way of using it and it's not any less or any more right than the other ways other people use it.

I just like to moan a lot I think but it's not really much of a problem, I just dont understand why people do all the things I explained in the post. And yes as you say there is an un follow, unfriend or block button, but some people who do all the things I explained are friends and family who I would feel bad if I blocked or in friended, though I have no problems doing it to acquaintances.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 11:01 am

Roo, I don't use Snapchat or Instagram, but I def relate to what you say about FB. I only use it for interest related stuff to, I seldom go there still.

I like Twitter better because I follow Tweets from specific organizations there and it's let cluttered with uninteresting stuff.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765