Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:31 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:
I'd also add that having a black skin IS effectively a social disability in the USA, simply because of how they are treated by the white founded institutions. A social experiment was done in which there were two job seekers, one white, and the other black. The white admitted to doing 18 months imprisonment for heroin possession, the black had a clean record. What they found was that the white got more calls back.

Racial oppression exists & is very real. It's not the same as comparing socially acceptable to socially unacceptable behaviour. There are some parallels, but you're sort of grasping at straws. Racist people in the USA treat people differently because of their appearance. They're not reacting negatively to their socially unacceptable language or actions. There's a big difference between the two.

Ask any American racist about the language and actions of black people. Do it.

I'm trying to figure out what your point is.. ? :?

Black people can have as varied a vocabulary & knowledge base as anyone else. Same with their actions. Some are legitimately inexcusably awful in the way they speak & behave, and others are absolutely nothing short of Presidential - ie Mr. Barrack Obama.

If you're suggesting that pointy hat wearing racist white people are going to say that all blacks are rude subhumans, that doesn't make it so. Obviously.

But again, I'm not quite sure what point you were even trying to make. :?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:35 pm

I honestly don't know why people get so wound up about this.

Goldfish is perhaps the most consistently positive poster I have come across on WP.
And the most infuriating, it seems. :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:46 pm

Yet you only think I'm a "flirt" :P

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:47 pm

Raleigh wrote:

Goldfish is perhaps the most consistently positive poster I have come across on WP.

I know enough about biology and certainly about the methods of science and standards of proof to know he is full of it.

Autistics truly do need the protection of the UN and the recognition that other hated minorities have. Nothing will change until we do.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:55 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yet you only think I'm a "flirt" :P

Ah, kraftie.
You're delightfully amusing too. :mrgreen:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 6:14 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

I know enough about biology and certainly about the methods of science and standards of proof to know he is full of it.

Autistics truly do need the protection of the UN and the recognition that other hated minorities have. Nothing will change until we do.

Really, now? :? Please, do carry on about your knowledge of biology and "proof," that I am "full of it." I'm genuinely curious what you know that I don't.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 6:25 pm

Raleigh wrote:

:heart:

Prrrrreeettty sure it's because they're autistic and thus easily wound up.. :P Resistant to change, very firm believers in their own opinions.. and perhaps even a little cognitive dissonance at facing the reality that ASD is in fact a treatable condition which would completely shatter their firmly held beliefs that it's "not a disorder," and "doesn't warrant treatment," and "should be accepted by all." etc. I comprehend their reasons for getting all wound up about it.. I'm just simply not in agreement with them. At all.

I'm fortunate to have experienced both in order to pass judgement. Untreated w/ my ASD symptoms going wild ~5+ years ago was a living hell. Treated & under control, my life is infinitely better and being much more.. intuitively socially connected is WAY better.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 6:29 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

Really, now? :? Please, do carry on about your knowledge of biology and "proof," that I am "full of it." I'm genuinely curious what you know that I don't.

I see that would be like trying to convince a Christian Fundamentalist that the Noah story is a physical impossibility that could not possibly have occurred in a literal sense. As for being resistant to reality and change, you show that in abundance on this issue.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 7:12 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

I see that would be like trying to convince a Christian Fundamentalist that the Noah story is a physical impossibility that could not possibly have occurred in a literal sense. As for being resistant to reality and change, you show that in abundance on this issue.

So, you have absolutely nothing to contribute to this conversation? :? I really was hoping to learn something from you that would completely invalidate the experience of life that I've had treating my ASD symptoms in the way that I do over the last ~5 years.. but instead all I have to rely on is my own personal experience of doing what you claim is "impossible," without any of your "proof," that what I do cannot be done. :(