For those here who think anything of me at all

Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 4:51 pm

I'm curious what it is.

Good, bad, ugly.. doesn't matter. I'm neutral about the feedback, so don't worry that you're going to offend me. I'd prefer your complete honest opinion & assessment. I'm especially curious what certain regulars on these forums may think of me, but I'm not going to name names or anything. I'd rather that anyone who does have any thoughts about me, my forum persona/reputation etc just flat out shares what they are.

It's just a curiosity I'd rather satisfy than wonder about. Definitely Not seeking any conflicts. If there are less than positive things said about me, they are what they are & I'd rather know them than not as I view criticism as an opportunity for self assessment & improvement. I'm also not posting this seeking compliments or sympathy or any such thing to boost my ego or mood.

For the record, I'm in a nicely balanced state right now.. was up late drinking for a very good friend's 2nd 25th birthday party, just had a fantastic hangover brunch, and now I'm off to the most beautiful beach in Vancouver for a trek down ~480 stairs through the rainforest to breathtaking ocean views & likely a little fire on the beach with friends. 8) It's just something that popped into my mind today & I figured I'd start a thread and ask vs. wonder.

And no, I don't assume that even regulars here even think anything of me at all, but chances are a number of you do.. soo, yeah. :) Also, if you think both good & bad of me, by all means, don't cherry pick your thoughts - just spill 'em. Thx!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 5:08 pm

indifferent except your avatar reminds me of

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 1:58 am

You're just another member to me. And yeah, the first thing that comes to my mind when I see your avatar is the same as the poster above. :lol:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 2:49 am

you (seem to) have very well honed beliefs and options, and you have repeatedly shown that you can defend them in an argument and i respect that in a man, i really do. personally i could do much better in that regard, i'm very easily influenced.

your social life, according to your posts is on a completely different level to mine and those of many others who post here but that is not to say it is objectively better or worse, just different. it's great that it's working out for you, you seem to be happy with it and i hope you manage to maintain i for the future. me? i wouldn't be able to cope with it, as a more traditional aspie i need a lot more alone time to "breathe" after a social outing.

now...as for your dietary habits that you like to post about, i see it pop up here and there occasionally and i'm like "this again??" and i hope you know that some people here don't take well to being told to change something as fundamental to their way of life as a diet. that's their own fault, and keep in mind that your experiences are unique to you only, even if someone else changed to what you have done it cannot be guaranteed that they'll be "cured" or even that their symptoms may improve somewhat. humans are weird like that.

hopefully you knew all of this already, but it's what came to mind. despite all that i admire your willingness to offer/discuss a method of treatment that many others apparently don't know about.

i remember you had an avatar, with a guy's short hair dyed in rainbow colors, and it that's you then i thought it looked really cool and i wonder how that was done.

going back to your beliefs, you've established yourself as one of the sites most fervent anti-trumpers, and in that you open yourself up to a lot of potential attacks and fighting so i hope you really do know what you're doing in a debate. i've noticed that several people across various topics have become quite worked up when responding to you, and i don't think you did that intentionally but please be careful. "trolling" is defined as doing this intentionally. you're not a troll, right?

i think the election has wreaked havoc on this site and lowered the quality of discussions a bit, and i see tabloid-tier threads like "Melania Avoiding Trump over Emerging Sex Scandal", "Trump calls non-white countries "s**tholes" and "Alt-right pro-Trump tennis player in Australian Open" and i go "how is this news???"

this isn't a request for you only, but i think for the health of the site as a whole it would be better if we focused on things washington does, instead of on the dumb s**t donald says because really, threads about words all tend to morph/devolve into the same bickering sooner or later and if you ask me, we could use less of that.

a little bit less sensationalism could go a long way.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 3:05 am

Open & honest, no bullsh*t, rational, sensible. A valuable contributor.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Feb 2018, 5:08 am

Sometimes you come across as entirely rational, other times it seems to me as though you are hypomanic (not manic - there is an important difference). Sometimes you can be arrogant, other times not. What people think of you seems to be very important for you and despite you claiming otherwise this thread seems to be an exercise in fishing for compliments.

Of course, you are just another anonymous person on the internet and your internet persona may all be an act or may be genuine or anywhere in between. Nobody has any way of knowing which it is, so any comments about you are purely about your anonymous internet persona and not necessarily about the real person behind that persona.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 5:13 am

I think you are the bane of all humanity, satan incarnate seeking to devour the souls of something idk I lost my train of thought nm.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 5:22 am

EzraS wrote:
I think you are the bane of all humanity, satan incarnate seeking to devour the souls of something idk I lost my train of thought nm.

I concur :jester:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 5:24 am

Joe90 wrote:
You're just another member to me. And yeah, the first thing that comes to my mind when I see your avatar is the same as the poster above. :lol:

Had to look where you're both from.

My avatar is of a children's snack cracker in North America called "goldfish." It's not the reason for my username, just a popular kids snack. I've only ever eaten a few handfuls of them in my life. We have them here in Canada, pretty sure they're in the USA, too, but maybe they're a Canadian thing - I dunno.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 5:28 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i remember you had an avatar, with a guy's short hair dyed in rainbow colors, and it that's you then i thought it looked really cool and i wonder how that was done.

going back to your beliefs, you've established yourself as one of the sites most fervent anti-trumpers, and in that you open yourself up to a lot of potential attacks and fighting so i hope you really do know what you're doing in a debate. i've noticed that several people across various topics have become quite worked up when responding to you, and i don't think you did that intentionally but please be careful. "trolling" is defined as doing this intentionally. you're not a troll, right?

That was my hair a few years ago in a rainbow fauxhawk. I had it a few other colours over the next couple years, too, including a full rainbow mohawk, a blue mohawk, northern lights/kinda peacock looking colours etc. Fun for pride party weekends & massive party weekends throughout the year.

No, I'm not a troll. Those are my opinions about this trumpster fire of a president.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 7:00 am

You believe what you believe in. You shoot from the hip. You’re a real party guy and epicurean. You’re not the diplomatic type.

I don’t know how you are in real life.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 7:22 am

You’re probably a decent guy most of the time. You have a good intelligence. You write like a normal, intellectual Aspie (nothing wrong with that).

You use the “tough love” method when giving advice.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 8:56 am

I don't think I read enough of the forum to have an opinion one way or the other.

I also have a real bad problem of remembering who people are when they change their avatar, so... :oops: Maybe I once had an opinion and I just don't remember.

And yes, we have lots of Goldfish crackers in USA. It's the snack that smiles back!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 11:15 am

You are probably more of an Aspie then you think. Especially the repetitive behaviors part. Either you post about your treatments, and often resposes to an unrelated topic ends up being about your treatments. Not uncommon on WP, topics are always getting derailed. That said you have been posting political stuff lately without mention of your treatments.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 5:27 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You believe what you believe in. You shoot from the hip. You’re a real party guy and epicurean. You’re not the diplomatic type.

I don’t know how you are in real life.

Party guy is relative, yes the last few years I've attended more parties than ever.. but only 3-5 parties/year, not like "real," party people who party E V E R Y weekend as their lifestyle.

What do you mean by "epicurean" ? I had to google it and there's a few different definitions, so curious which you mean.

I'm certainly strongly opinionated, but in person I'm often the balanced voice of negotiating reason, diffusing conflicts with my words vs. escalating them into physical altercations.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 5:33 pm

Epicurean, to me, means “virtuously hedonistic.” In other words, you have fun, but you have morals, too. Your fun is a smart, practical sort of fun.

Sort of like the Bohemians of old. But not stupid like some of Beatniks/Hippies

I’m not a party guy—but there’s nothing wrong with good, clean, Bacchianalian fun.