Are female nipples honestly that "bad" to be shown?

Page 6 of 12 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 9:51 pm

If we accept that the breasts are secondary sexual characteristics and inherently arousing, that doesn't necessarily mean they should be covered. There doesn't need to be a law saying people can't be arousing in public.

Last edited by RetroGamer87 on 19 Feb 2018, 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 9:52 pm

I clean myself only after I've emptied myself out. and I clean myself only just before I exit the house. the wet ones are history for long enough after I shower and present myself to the world, that it isn't a practical concern.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 10:57 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
If we accept that the breasts are secondary sexual characteristics and inherently arousing, that doesn't necessarily mean they shouldn't be covered.

Don't you just love dem double negatives? :mrgreen:

If I was the Grand Poohbah, I would become a Cretan and make it mandatory that all breasts be shown in public!
Quote:
You’re probably familiar with the frescos and figurines from ancient Crete that depict well-endowed women in open-front tops that display their breasts for all to see. We may feel that the exposed breasts found throughout ancient Minoan art are provocative but the Minoans probably didn’t feel that way. Just as the Victorians found women’s legs to be terribly sexy simply because they were normally covered and hidden, we respond the same way to women’s breasts. But in Minoan society women frequently went topless, just as men did, so that would have been an ordinary sight, and of course ancient women nursed their babies so that would have been common and not provocative or controversial either. It would not have been sexy so much as normal. But when the priestesses of ancient Crete bared their breasts in a ritual setting, that had deeper meaning as well.

http://witchesandpagans.com/pagan-paths ... think.html

And consider this: French PM suggests naked breasts represent France better than a headscarf
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... ni-ban-row

Vive la France! :mrgreen:

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 3:43 am

The Ancient Romans wore underwear. It's a lot easier to change and wash a small undergarment than the larger outer garments. If you had to wash clothes by hand, underwear would likely be easier to wash than jeans.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 1:35 pm

The Romans were smart.....

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 3:27 pm

their smarts gave them a long run, but sic transit Gloria. anyways, I remember back in the early 70s there was this thing shown on public tv called "steambath" that showed a naked [actress] Brenda Vaccaro [ 8O :bounce: :bounce: ] cavorting in a steambath. at the same time, on Monty Python, there were topless nipply people on-screen as well, and there were no complaints that I read about. I wonder what has made amuuuricans so puritanical in the oughts? :scratch:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 6:08 pm

It's like they're going backwards. Perhaps someone planned it this way.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 6:15 pm

yeh, the same sanctimonious megalomaniacs that see "The Handmaid's Tale" as a guide book.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 6:28 pm

Too bad those guys are winning.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 6:33 pm

...Yes :lol: :mrgreen: :wink: .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Goldilocks
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2018, 6:38 pm

This topic is hilarious to me because both my nipples are pierced and I don't wear a bra.

Sometimes I get really mean or disgusted looks but bras are really uncomfortable because I have broad shoulders so the back straps dig into my skin. I got my nipples pierced on a whim and because I think it looks and feels nice.

I think society is nuts and most of the 'prudes' in my life are really mean family members who are massively insecure about themselves. I don't even get upset about prudes or the puritanical types.

God or whatever you believe in loves us all equally.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 7:39 pm

I've always wondered if bras are really necessary anyway.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 8:36 am

bras are necessary to prevent active owners of nipples from describing figure-8s in the air.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 5:48 pm

auntblabby wrote:
bras are necessary to prevent active owners of nipples from describing figure-8s in the air.

Not to mention the effects of gravity...

N.B.
I had intended to say: "Not to mention gravel rash", but thought better of it...errr...
Damn my compusive honesty! D'oh! 8O

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2018, 7:12 pm

Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Not to mention the effects of gravity...

N.B.
I had intended to say: "Not to mention gravel rash", but thought better of it...errr...
Damn my compusive honesty! D'oh! 8O

Just rub anti-gravity cream on them and they'll float.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 7:17 pm

I could use some'a that anti gravity lifting cream, where do I get it?