Are female nipples honestly that "bad" to be shown?

Page 8 of 12 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 1:08 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
So is this a religion thing?

I can't conceive of anything outside of religion that would have such behavioral strictures as part of its philosophy.

Surely they realise the creator gave women breasts for breastfeeding. Why would they want to subvert God's design?

It's strange how often religion is used to push ideas that go against God's express wishes.
Or do they think Jesus was bottle-fed too?

they have a view of it akin to early American TV where there were no such things as toilets or bodily functions. not too much of a stretch from "virgin birth." :idea:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:00 am

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:28 am

Pepe wrote:

I'd look at her tits. Anything that's displayed in public is free to be viewed by the public.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:28 am

auntblabby wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

I can't conceive of anything outside of religion that would have such behavioral strictures as part of its philosophy.

Surely they realise the creator gave women breasts for breastfeeding. Why would they want to subvert God's design?

It's strange how often religion is used to push ideas that go against God's express wishes.
Or do they think Jesus was bottle-fed too?

they have a view of it akin to early American TV where there were no such things as toilets or bodily functions. not too much of a stretch from "virgin birth." :idea:

Yes, I see your point. If she can't copulate she can't breastfeed either. No nipples, like a barbie doll. Perhaps she had no need to defecate as well. After all an immaculate person would never do that. I'm sure she was also free of the many parasites that every person living in those times had. And her immaculate skin never got dirty even though soap hadn't been invented yet.

Seriously, I can't believe that some people call her the "ever virgin" Mary and suggest that she remained virgin even after Jesus was born. I can believe that she was a virgin prior to her marriage and I know the Bible says Jesus was born when she was just engaged but why would she wish to remain celibate through a lifetime of marriage?

Even if she was born free from original sin, why must she remain ever virgin when it is not a sin for a woman to have sex with her husband? Do they think that James, the brother of Christ was also the product of a virgin birth? Does that make him a messiah as well?

I don't think the "ever virgin" Mary is a realistic character and as such I don't think she makes a good role model for women (Socrates would disagree since he believed in having perfect role models).

I'm sure we'll both agree that the "ever virgin" part was a later edition. Just as they wanted the clergy to remain celibate and childless so they could leave all their money to the church, they probably wanted the unmarried members of their congregation to leave their money to the church as well.

It's shocking but not surprising how quickly they want from "My kingdom is not of this world" to being obsessed with money. If Jesus ever met a priest he might mistake him for a money changer and tell him to get out of his father's house.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:33 am

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:37 am

The whole "virgin birth" thing stems from a translation error from aramaic to greek, using "virgin" when the original text only referred to "a young woman". It's kind of funny how much of a mess has come of that.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:47 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
The whole "virgin birth" thing stems from a translation error from aramaic to greek, using "virgin" when the original text only referred to "a young woman". It's kind of funny how much of a mess has come of that.

Could you provide a link?

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:57 am

My bad: hebrew, not aramaic.

https://outreachjudaism.org/alma-virgin/

Goldilocks
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Feb 2018, 6:21 am

I wish more women got involved in this because honestly it seems like some of the guys on this topic are getting off on even just talking about nipples. And I would genuinely like to have some more genuine opinions.

Someone just said 'if it's in a public place I have the right to look at it' - this sounds SUPER creepy. Getting stared at because your skirt is short or top is low is not very nice. Not everyone goes out with the idea of seducing or trying to attract someone, sometimes people just want to be comfortable.

If I see someone attractive I actually try not to stare because they're a person not an animal in a zoo

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Feb 2018, 7:57 am

Even if you don't stare, you probably are going to take occasional looks.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Feb 2018, 8:11 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:

The right censors nipples for religious reasons.

The left censors nipples because of "sexual objectification" from men.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 10:47 am

Goldilocks wrote:
I wish more women got involved in this because honestly it seems like some of the guys on this topic are getting off on even just talking about nipples. And I would genuinely like to have some more genuine opinions.

Someone just said 'if it's in a public place I have the right to look at it' - this sounds SUPER creepy.

Yes, I also wish more women would talk about their opinions on this topic, and I also have no doubt that that is also creepy as well.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 12:08 pm

I think most cultures reached a point of no return to make it socially acceptable again (as to be shown without causing an uproar or creepy comments).

Even in France, full toplessness (not just while sunbathing the back) is becoming less common than Brigitte Bardot’s prime times. Increasly skin cancer concerns is a factor too.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Feb 2018, 12:57 pm

Most men aren't trying to harm you though.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:27 pm

Goldilocks wrote:

Someone just said 'if it's in a public place I have the right to look at it' - this sounds SUPER creepy. Getting stared at because your skirt is short or top is low is not very nice. Not everyone goes out with the idea of seducing or trying to attract someone, sometimes people just want to be comfortable.

If I see someone attractive I actually try not to stare because they're a person not an animal in a zoo

Personally, I just think this whole debate is simply amusing...
Titillating, if you will...
At my age I need a whole lot more than nipples to become stimulated...
Is that too creepy or just creepy enough?... 8O :mrgreen:

If women *choose* to wear their sexuality on the street, kudos to them...
I literally thank them in my mind for adding something positive to this dreary and depressing world...

If you wear a miniskirt and show some cleavage, expect to be appreciated...
And why do it if you don't want attention?

If you are at the beach, that is a different context...
But if you are simply in a public place and you don't want attention dress appropriately...

Wear shorts rather than a miniskirt...
Wear a loose fitting cotton gown rather than a boob tube top to gain some relief from the heat...

But yes, some men need to understand the difference between a glance and a stare...
But on the other hand, some women need to understand their hypocrisy in enjoying being appreciated by someone like George Clooney, Brad Pitt or Ryan Gosling while they think they are being "perved" at by less attractive men... 8O

You are a female...
Whether we like it or not, evolution has made men and women differently...
And evidently, evolution has been very effective in the continuing the species with these differences...

Vive la difference!... 8)

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:34 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Even in France, full toplessness (not just while sunbathing the back) is becoming less common than Brigitte Bardot’s prime times.

Je vous adresse mes sincères condoléances :(