Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Feb 2018, 10:44 am

I feel as if i do all the thinking, thinking and voicing my own points and needs whereas everyone i meet cant figure it out. But instead, copy down my originals points instead of their own take. Very frustrating and unintelligible for them who ive been talking to.

rileydaboss2000
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2018, 6:46 pm

I often chat to my family and good friends at college at youth group, but that's mostly it, only occurs a few times a week. Other than that, I am mostly by myself....

thewheel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Feb 2018, 7:09 am

Most of the time nothing much more than the forced responses in a shop etc. I don't talk to my family.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 9:25 am

Not often

Used to more often in college

But now there is nobody that I regularly interact with. Besides professionals doing their job

Scared of rejection

The best case scenario is whooptie do

The worst case scenario is subject to imagination

It just seems not worth the effort usually

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 1:23 pm

Not very often but then I don't want to these days as they can be so spiteful.

LittleCoyoteKat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 7:40 pm

Hmm.

In person? I talk to my Husband every day. I see my Mother and Sister about once a week. I run into neighbors about 3 or 4 times a month. Does running errands count? Like grocery clerks and whatnot? That's about once to twice a week to once every two weeks.

Via text, messenger, snapchat, or internet.. daily, several times a day. Sometimes it's just one person, sometimes it's 3-5 people. It depends.

I don't think isolating makes it harder for me to socialized. The opposite, actually. I can usually socialize better and more freely if I've had more time to myself.

I am a Bookwyrm.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 3:18 am

before i started working i was very isolated, for weeks the only person i would speak to was my father and my Roleplay friend (but sometimes she would go ghost and i wouldnt talk to even her for weeks)

now i talk to people on a daily (well when i work) however, this isnt really socializing. when i serve customers i have a script;
" hello, gas? cash credit or debit? anything else? would you like a bag? [price] would you like your recipt? have a good day, good bye!" if a customer tries to engage in deeper conversations i usually ignore it, i dont have the energy to chit chat with strangers everyday. i do chit chat with my coworkers but only because the engage first, i would be silent all shift if i had it my way. i bring headphones and draw most of the time when theres no one buying anything (its a very very slow job, we get maybe less than 100 customers a day)) everyday i feel more and more socially exhausted. even my coworkers are starting to not like working with me, when i asked why they say its because i ignore them.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 9:43 am

Other then my parents who I live with, my boyfriend regularly, and I chat with a few people online every now and then.

c0r
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Feb 2018, 10:22 am

By choice, next to 0. Sometimes I actually like forced discussions though.

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 11:01 am

I usually don't have something to contribute to a conversation and during events like eating out, relatives point out that it's rude to take out my tablet or phone to pass the time whilst the rest are making conversation. it gets boring real fast when they start rambling on about what they did in their job or what achievements they've made in the space of time between a few months of not seeing each other - I on the other hand have no job and a limited knowledge on most things social or otherwise. E.g. my younger brother is able to talk to dad about things I don't have which brings up the feeling of jealousy, that he is fortunate enough to have a job and social life and have all these topics of conversation as opposed to me having no story to tell thus having to resort to playing on my phone.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 10:02 am

Very often now, as I have a lot of social outlets. I don't talk much at work, because the focus is supposed to be on our work.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 11:32 am

I talk to my family daily, because I live with them. I talk to my friends a couple times a week over text messaging. I used to talk to them more than that, but I haven't been feeling up to it lately.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 3:32 pm

Although sometimes I get lonely or left out, it appears to me, that trying to talk to precious lil "people" is useless and a waste of energy.

Precious lil "people":

Call old females "girl" instead of "woman"
Boys are "guys". (Sexist, but standard slang)

"Huh", "what"

"Cool", "why", "sucks" "sorry"

Off leash dog

Refer to themselves as "people". But there is only one of him or her

:roll:

ANd so forth

It hurts my head just thinking about them

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 3:45 pm

It's varied over the years, depending mostly on whether or not I was living with anybody, and of course when I was working that increased it. Currently I don't go for more than a couple of days without talking with anybody, on average it's probably about 30 minutes conversation per day, though it goes up and down a lot, if I perform collaborative music then it's usually more because that's my main social outlet, but I don't do a lot of it these days. Much of my communication is just to exchange practical information, but that can be done in a more or less human, friendly way.

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Feb 2018, 7:17 am

perhaps a couple times a day. I hardly speak to anyone in the office at work. If i do it's usually a few small/short sentences. At home, bits of conversation with partner - nothing too deliberating. It's usually him that does all the talking.

I hate speaking to people on the phone so i always avoid it if possible. I see my mum once a month or so and that will be the most i ever speak.

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

lambdamoses
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Feb 2018, 6:14 am

Ordering food in restaurants: daily, if that counts
Functional conversations about work and interests: a few times a week
Small talk: rarely