does the thought of people make u uncomfortable?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

random1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Feb 2018, 10:28 pm

when im talking to someone,others , around others ,around someone, hearing someone speak,seeing someone and when talking to someone online or around someone or others online i get this discomfort feeling.

this is one of my autistic traits.
i can relate to this trait.
do u hide ur trait?
can u relate to this autism behavior?

how did others react to it?
for me others would tell me to stop being awkward.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 3:14 pm

I would have to agree that the presence of other people does make me nervous and whenever I sense that there are fewer people around me I begin to relax. Simply knowing the number of people around me seems to have a huge impact on my anxiety status.

The fewer the better for me.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

random1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Feb 2018, 9:58 pm

xatrix26 wrote:
I would have to agree that the presence of other people does make me nervous and whenever I sense that there are fewer people around me I begin to relax. Simply knowing the number of people around me seems to have a huge impact on my anxiety status.

The fewer the better for me.

yeah i try suppressing mine

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 11:33 pm

Whenever there's a crowd I have to walk past or through, it definitely feels uncomfortable. The feeling when they're all around making noise, the loud overlapping conversations and knowing it will be a while before I get past and find quiet again...
It's like holding your breath underwater and knowing you'll have to breathe again very soon.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 1:11 am

I had a much easier time being around people when I was accustomed to it, but also when I still assumed that they were navigating by flawed logic, not unpredictable emotions. I have been wasting a lot of time trying to predict emotional reactions that are actually pretty rare. It might be better to just relax and skip the speculation, and instead just expect to cope with a rogue wave from time to time.

It is interesting how well people flow past each other on crowded sidewalks. In that, at least, we usually cooperate well.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 3:27 pm

When it comes to being in contact with anyone, there's always that feeling of being trapped and wanting to escape.

Sometimes it's very mild sometimes it's overwhelming, depending the person or people and situation.

My default comfort zone setting is complete solitude.

Last bumped by random1 on 14 Feb 2018, 3:27 pm.