Anti Vaxx ballot initiative proposed in California

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 2:33 am

Californians Could Vote to Give Themselves the Measles

Quote:
This fall, Californians may have the opportunity to vote on a catch-all ballot initiative that would ban genetically modified organisms and get rid of school vaccination requirements. But that’s not all. The so-called California Clean Environment Initiative would also prohibit the use of 300 substances, including certain vaccine ingredients and chemicals used in water treatment—chlorine and fluoride. And it would create a new agency to “regulate environmental activities, modify or stop projects having pollution and radiation impacts, and test and approve substances before they are introduced into the environment.

This long-shot initiative was introduced by Cheriel Jensen, a retired urban planner who told the Times of San Diego she was “prompted to write the initiative because she believes cancer, autism and other diseases are linked to exposure to toxic chemicals, genetically modified organisms or radiation.”

Jensen is a resident of the affluent Santa Clara County town of Saratoga and has a history of environmental activism. In 2015, she sued Santa Clara County to stop it from spraying pesticides to prevent the spread of mosquito-borne West Nile Virus. (A judge dismissed the suit.) In 2017, she sued the county again, this time to prevent it from passing a half-cent sales tax to generate $6 billion for public transit and road repairs. She argued that building an extension of the Bay Area’s BART light-rail system wasn’t feasible because it would disturb an aquifer. After a judge dismissed the lawsuit, Jensen appealed. The suit is now with the 6th District Court of Appeal.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 2:37 am

it's not going to pass.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 2:55 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
it's not going to pass.

I think it might. Who wants 300 unnatural substences in their water supply?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 8:46 pm

LOL....you've got to be kidding!

Give yourself the measles? That harkens back to the 18th century, before actual vaccination (by Jenner), when people used to "inoculate" themselves with the smallpox virus.

Measles is no walk in the park, by any means. You can get a swollen brain from it.