Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 4:56 pm

What are your main stims?

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 5:02 pm

I had no idea what they were until a few months ago and didn't think I had one until out shopping I realised I was running my thumb across my fingers one by one.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 5:27 pm

I drum my fingers on my forehead and temples.

Marine414
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Feb 2018, 8:35 pm

I chew gum like all the time could that be considered oral stimming.

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Feb 2018, 1:39 am

Tapping/hitting my chest, half-bouncing, cheek/lip-biting.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 3:52 am

chewing. when i was younger i used to throw my body to the floor and bang my head but my parents disciplined those behaviours out of me and they only emerge when i meltdown. however i have felt a calming feeling from being in swings and hammocks and trying to get one of my own.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

casuard
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2018, 7:43 am

Rolling/folding up receipt paper throughout the day, twirling my wedding ring between several different fingers, and rubbing the hem of my shirt sleeves.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 7:45 am

Rocking and hand movements.

leahbear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Feb 2018, 2:30 pm

I rub my fingernails thumb to pinky and back again, rub my face and sometimes rock if I'm really overwhelmed. I'm ok with those but I hate that I bite my lower lip and the skin beside my fingernails. I forgot how much I loved swings when I was little. Especially the tire swings that I could spin in.

FallingDownMan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2018, 2:57 pm

My stims are all oral/audible. As a toddler, I blew spit bubbles and clicked my tongue on the back of my teeth. By the time I was in kindergarten, they changed to all sorts of sound effects, whistles, singing, chewing on fingernails, and so on. As an adult, I still whistle and make sound effects.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 3:27 pm

As a teen, I channeled my stims into rubbing a worry stone. It was an acceptable fidget in the 1970s. Now, in addition to my stone, I bounce my tobacco pipe in my teeth or in my hand.

Roselove
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Feb 2018, 12:24 pm

I do a thing with my eyes where I have to keep looking around the room and like bounce my vision around, off corners of objects. It's hard to explain, but it's like I am shooting out nervous energy out of my brain and bouncing it around the room, trying to keep it away. I blink once I get to a corner of an object and quickly move my eyes to the next corner of something and then when my eyes get to a window, I blink and shoot it out of the window. It's weird, something traumatic happened when I was about 8 years old, that's when it started. I also compulsively touch windows or something white or clear, when I'm nervous.
I also my noises with my mouth, like groaning.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 12:54 pm

I have several, including rocking, hand flapping, chewing, face rubbing and scratching. I also make little noises that sounds like a meowing cat.

LittleCoyoteKat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 7:32 pm

Rocking. Either in a rocking chair, or "swaying" back and forth while standing, or rocking in small motions while laying down.
Folding my ear over so that the cold side touches the warm side.
Chewing.
OH and I make clicking noises, like some people make at horses.

There's others I do if I'm in public and I'm really not sure how people are going to respond, like cleaning under my nails, pulling on my hair under the guise of "arranging" it, squeezing my arms together really tightly when I fold them.

If I'm absolutely sure I shouldn't at all, I've mastered flexing all my muscles rigidly without it being visibly obvious. If I can't "flex it out" then I'll rock my foot back and forth in my boot.

I am a Bookwyrm.

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 3:19 pm

Biting my right index finger very hard. As a result, I have a callus in the anterior side of my finger, and scar tissue on the posterior side that looks more like a burn.