Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

FunkyPunky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2018, 12:39 pm

I like to drink milk. Sometimes I'll just pour myself a big glass of it and drink it instead of tea or soda. I always figured that drinking milk was healthy. But somebody recently told me that could be the reason I'm fat since anything with dairy in it will make you gain wait ridiculously fast. What do you guys think?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 12:45 pm

Well within reason its not unhealthy I don't think, it does contain fat/dairy but I don't think milk alone would cause any significant weight gain, unless its like the main thing a person eats/drinks. I myself haven't drank milk in a few years now...I've actually been using almond milk for cereal, plus my boyfriend is lactose intolerant so if I got a jug of milk its not like he could help me finish it and then it would go bad before I could.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 1:02 pm

I drink 1% milk because it has less fat but doesn't taste watery like skim milk.

It has calcium in it, which gives you strong bones and teeth, so it's good for you. :mrgreen:

But some people are allergic to milk or have lactose intolerance, and it lacks iron, so it's bad for you.
Wait, what? :?

Of course. PETA wants to scare everyone into believing milk is evil. They not only want us to think dairy products cause autism, but that autism is a horrible tragedy. I hate them.

FunkyPunky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2018, 1:05 pm

I can drink a gallon in about a week. I'll drink it with my breakfast then have a cup after dinner with my dessert. It won't come anywhere near the expiration date lol.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 2:53 am

There's no such thing as "fattening" foods, and "non fattening foods"...
Any food will make you store fat, if you consume more calories, than your body expends.

I would rate milk as decent, it's fairly low calorie, and has a decent of protein.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 7:02 am

I drink whole milk with lactase enzyme and I'm one of the thinnest guys at work. There are a few young women with thinner waists.