Tips for writing personal ads

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 3:16 pm

^ So is it a common thing in canada for women to make wealth out of this by luring guys intoa move-in relationship then dumping them?

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 8:53 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ So is it a common thing in canada for women to make wealth out of this by luring guys intoa move-in relationship then dumping them?

Spousal support is not common any more, unless you are very, very rich. The average person is expected to take care of themselves. A divorced couple should share the responsibility and expense of raising their children. If one of the parents had stayed at home to care for the children (and the marriage home) the ex-spouse might have to pay spousal support while the stay at home parent updates their education, but that is not really common anymore either.

Common-law support usually depends on how long together and the persons role in the relationship. In the province of Quebec, the common law spouse is not entitled to support l believe.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 6:34 am

So is that half your wealth AND spousal support? For how long? For the rest of your life?

How much? Under what circumstances? Can a guy receive spousal support?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 7:43 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
So is that half your wealth AND spousal support? For how long? For the rest of your life?

Probably the law doesn't discriminate by sex.

From what I understood, if you move to her house (owned by her), and lived 2+ years together, then she broke up with you, - by this law, you can claim half of the house's value, isn't it?

But in practice, I do feel that guys are by far more vulnerable to be exploited by a such law, because ....well, men are naive when falling in love, they are much more likely to accept a girl who doesn't own her own house rather the other way around - and probably even more socially acceptable, and hence they would bring her in their house - then she executes her plan after 2 years.

Also men (hetero), are by far....like by far, more likely to accept having relationship with someone unemployed. So he would lose half of what he saved during the relationship, and nothing from her half because it's zero.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 7:50 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

From what I understood, if you move to her house (owned by her), and lived 2+ years together, then she broke up with you, - by this law, you can claim half of the house's value, isn't it?

But in practice, I do feel that guys are by far more vulnerable to be exploited by a such law, because ....well, men are naive when falling in love, they are much more likely to accept a girl who doesn't own her own house rather the other way around - and probably even more socially acceptable, and hence they would bring her in their house - then she executes her plan after 2 years.

Also men (hetero), are by far....like by far, more likely to accept having relationship with someone unemployed. So he would lose half of what he saved during the relationship, and nothing from her half because it's zero.

So it applies both to the house and to the savings?

What about this "spousal support"? Is that a separate thing?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 8:04 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

So it applies both to the house and to the savings?

What about this "spousal support"? Is that a separate thing?

The hell i know, I don't live in Canada.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 8:16 am

but his is a good read on the matter: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/6188765 ... xpert.html

Quote:
Heather Mills was judged to be worth £24 million after three years of marriage to Sir Paul McCartney, while Beverley Charman was awarded £48 million after a 28-year marriage “during which she pursued no outside employment”.

“The notion that a wife should get half of the joint assets of a couple after even a short childless marriage has crept up on us without any Parliamentary legislation to this effect.

That's insane, and it's even more insane that it would be applied on non married childless couples as well.

A lesson for men: Don't ever date unemployed/stay-in-house women. Make sure she makes her own income.

And the divorce settlement which was supposed to be for child support: https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... ent-201319

and according to wikipedia:

Quote:
In his judgment, Justice Bennett stated: "The husband's evidence was, in my judgment, balanced. He expressed himself moderately though at times with justifiable irritation, if not anger. He was consistent, accurate and honest. But I regret to have to say I cannot say the same about the wife's evidence. Having watched and listened to her give evidence, having studied the documents, and having given in her favour every allowance for the enormous strain she must have been under (and in conducting her own case) I am driven to the conclusion that much of her evidence, both written and oral, was not just inconsistent and inaccurate but also less than candid. Overall, she was a less than impressive witness."[18] Regarding her career, the judge said: "I find that, far from the husband dictating to and restricting the wife's career and charitable activities, he did the exact opposite. He encouraged it and lent his support, name and reputation to her business and charitable activities. The facts as I find them do not in any way support her claim."[89] In anger at the judgment, Mills threw a pitcher of water on the head of Fiona Shackleton, McCartney's solicitor, in the courtroom.[90]

Yet she won the money.

But let's be honest, when you look at their picture, one very beautiful woman with one very ugly but rich man , it doesn't need a brainiac to conclude that she's in for the money from the very beginning.

And again, the best relationship lifestyle for men is the non-committed playboy/FWB lifestyle.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 6:59 am

Good thing I'm not as rich as Paul McCartney.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 3:59 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:

Mo money mo problems.

..or would it be a problem? *shrug* in 20 years when I'm 55 and driving around in a Maserati I know damn well it's not going to be my youthful good looks that gets me hot dates. :lol: I don't think I'd mind the whole having too much money thing one bit.. 8)

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:43 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Mo money mo problems.

..or would it be a problem? *shrug* in 20 years when I'm 55 and driving around in a Maserati I know damn well it's not going to be my youthful good looks that gets me hot dates. :lol: I don't think I'd mind the whole having too much money thing one bit.. 8)

Yes but after Paul McCartney's ex-wife took 24 million from him, he only has 472 million pounds left. That poor thing. She left him in poverty :(

Jackblood
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Feb 2018, 1:22 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Most people posting complaints here about the effectiveness of their personal ads are hetero guys & the biggest complaint is lack of quantity of responses, not so much quality. Quality can be filtered for after you get an initial response. It's quantity in the first place that's the aim. What good is a personal ad that gets zero, or very very few responses? Not much, IMO. I'd WAY rather have a couple dozen to filter through and either ignore or reply etc than have zero replies or only one or two. More replies = better chance of hitting it off with one of them.

That's typically how it goes for an ad more specifically targeted towards a hookup, too. I'd rather get a flood of responses and communicate with the top few than get one or two responses I'm not really interested in at all. It's rare that I post something when I feel like it that gets very few responses But that I'm actually interested in one of those few responses. It's not that it never happens, it's just rare. All of this is a very simple numbers game.. increase the numbers, increase your chances. Otherwise you're relying much more on luck that one of very few responses might be someone you're interested in, and, as I said above.. if you're making mistakes like presenting negatives about yourself that someone might reject you for Or reject you for simply speaking negatively about yourself as they then may feel you're down on yourself and don't want anything to do with someone like that, then you're pushing a lot of people away who might otherwise shoot you an email.

I don't know what you mean by "personal ads" but in the US I imagine that section in the newspaper where you write a paragraph about yourself. I don't know any woman under 50 who reads a newspaper much less turn to the personal ads and I have yet to see a personal ad section on a website like breitbart or Huffington post.

I googled personal ads and found classified ads. I can see the apeal in that a woman can simply call or text a man without having to create a dating profile or having to be bombarded with creeps and weirdos but at the same time I can't imagine too many women under 40 even know what a classified ad is let alone Google it and use it to find a man.

One more thing: pics are mandatory. Yes women respond well yo a good personality but they too want good looking men and I can't see how anyone can get responses without a picture.