Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 8:10 pm

I was hearing the locals talking about this.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 4:06 pm

Can't read article w/o subscription service.

Just the headline is enough though, I guess. Glad to hear someone's elder get involved and put a stop to this. We have a LOT of very troubled youth here joining drug gangs more and more, especially from certain ethnicities - who are relatively privileged compared to most, and while their elders acknowledge that there's a generational problem that they'd like to resolve there's very little actual action on it. I think a lot of older people don't truly want to admit that their grandchildren are criminal little s**ts who need police intervention in their lives to prevent them from harming themselves or others. They're too wrapped up in protecting their own blood to fully admit their kids are rotten & need to be stopped.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 7:06 am

Very interesting.

He kept a private journal where we wrote, "“I’m preparing myself for the school shooting. I can’t wait.....I can’t wait to walk into that class and blow all those f‑‑‑ers away.” He had written in his journal about making pressure cooker bombs “and where and in what order he would be placing his explosives,” according to the court records.

His grandmother turned his journal over to police.

Police found a rifle, and grenades in his room.

He is currently being held on charges of attempted murder in the first degree, robbery and assault on an officer, according to online booking records. He recently robbed a convenience store.

It's interesting that your private thoughts in a private journal can be used to charge you with "attempted murder".

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 7:57 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Very interesting.

He kept a private journal where we wrote, "“I’m preparing myself for the school shooting. I can’t wait.....I can’t wait to walk into that class and blow all those f‑‑‑ers away.” He had written in his journal about making pressure cooker bombs “and where and in what order he would be placing his explosives,” according to the court records.

He is currently being held on charges of attempted murder in the first degree, robbery and assault on an officer, according to online booking records. He recently robbed a convenience store.

It's interesting that your private thoughts in a private journal can be used to charge you with "attempted murder".

That is an interesting point. But is it safe to let someone like that back into society? Difficult situation.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Feb 2018, 8:09 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Very interesting.

The arms and ammo make it extremely likely he intended to act on the "thoughts" in the journal. The journal alone wouldn't be a problem - people such as crime writers probably keep journals where they record the thoughts of their villains... I can think of some writers whose notes would be pretty dark material and ordinary people may also keep stuff which they wouldn't want anyone else to read - but in this instance I really think the gran's concerns are justified and he'd even selected the place.

The journal is additional evidence but probably not enough on its own to show intention.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 5:38 pm

I personally congratulate the grandmother for having the courage and moral fortitude for turning the kid in. You have to wonder how many mass murders could have been prevented if only a parent or grandparent had done the same.