Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

enz
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 8:52 pm

I'm learning 3d animation at the moment. So far I only find it right in the middle of too hard and too easy. Really the only thing I'm worried about is following instructions of colleagues at work. Im thinking of disclosing my aspergers and also asking for instructions to be sent to me in email.

anyone have any advice?

cheers

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Feb 2018, 2:24 am

I work as an illustrator, and I have not had any problems following instructions from my employers, as long as it's through text. Then again, I don't really know how much our jobs differ. When I'm the only one person working on a project, instructions can be a bit looser. I know that as an animator, you'll have to follow instructions very carefully in order to make your work fit in with everyone else's. Which, I guess, would make text-communication even more important.
I haven't had to disclose my aspergers to any coworker or employer, but I always ask that communication happens via email. I haven't needed to give any other explanation than "it's just easier that way". No one has ever questioned that, but if they did, my explanation would be "because I can send pictures in an email". That's a pretty big advantage if your work is visual.
Luckily text-communication is completely normal these days, and it's so much easier for me to get every detail of the instructions through an email. I would definitely screw up if I were to get verbal instructions.