How do level 2 people do at high school and post-secondary?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 11:19 pm

Thank you kraftie.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 12:27 am

I don't have a level but I was in high school for almost 5 years.
A psychiatrist came to the school to talk to me because i got bad grades, didn't talk to other kids and was always by myself. I finally quit school.
I was mostly on welfare until i took some programming classes at a community college when i was 35 and then got a job where i worked by myself. It started at minimum wage but i was still working at the same place doing the same job, making 40 grand a year before i retired.
The entire time i worked there i only missed 2 nights of work besides a week vacation every year.
I didn't have any degrees and didn't even have a GED, but nobody asked.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Feb 2018, 6:00 pm

Marybird wrote:
I don't have a level but I was in high school for almost 5 years.
A psychiatrist came to the school to talk to me because i got bad grades, didn't talk to other kids and was always by myself. I finally quit school.
I was mostly on welfare until i took some programming classes at a community college when i was 35 and then got a job where i worked by myself. It started at minimum wage but i was still working at the same place doing the same job, making 40 grand a year before i retired.
The entire time i worked there i only missed 2 nights of work besides a week vacation every year.
I didn't have any degrees and didn't even have a GED, but nobody asked.

Yes, I was also in the mainstream from childhood to adulthood, and there were many inconsistencies. Like short term memory problems. I somehow found a way around them, of dealing with it. Never once quitting. I also went to college, and did I.T programming in an I.T mainstream environment. I managed to pass the first year as a BTECH. I hear most of these courses are getting side lines for higher academic individuals. I was basically told on the second year, to look elsewhere, they pushed me off the course, into doing something else, I tried to work practically afterwards, getting some paid employment and starting a hair course. That soon ended, but anyways, now, I can only see myself looking forwards towards greater progress and if hindsight and rationale can both support me later, then I will be happy in my human performance and adult growth without the threat of being devalued.