Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Dark Fairy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Feb 2018, 1:28 am

Does anyone have issues with losing or forgetting things and has anyone lost an item of value. Reason I am asking is that I am always losing things. I suspect it is sensory and an executive function thing. Anyway I lost a sentimental piece of jewellery and my family are asking about it. I am terrified of telling them and have panic attacks about it. Mainly because I always get yelled at for losing things even now. Anyone else had this situation of losing something and being scared to say anything and how did you handle it

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 6:12 am

Dark Fairy wrote:
Does anyone have issues with losing or forgetting things and has anyone lost an item of value. Reason I am asking is that I am always losing things. I suspect it is sensory and an executive function thing. Anyway I lost a sentimental piece of jewellery and my family are asking about it. I am terrified of telling them and have panic attacks about it. Mainly because I always get yelled at for losing things even now. Anyone else had this situation of losing something and being scared to say anything and how did you handle it

No. I tend to put things in the same place or in a place they "belong". If you are absent minded, however, it wouldn't hurt to have a thyroid panel done. Thyroid problems can make one absent minded.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 3:18 pm

Usually it appears that, the rate I lose things is the same as others

Sometimes I lost my keys, or something

But the usually it's just that, like I just keep "losing" former precious lil "friends" (as in dumped), or jobs (canned, redundant).

Losing my mind and dignity

But misplacing tangible merchandise, not too often

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 4:34 pm

About 3 decades ago I made a new rule for myself. I refuse to buy any but the cheapest watches, because I'd rather lose a cheap watch than an expensive one. And I have lost enough watches that it was only a matter of time. (see what I did there?)

Of course, nowadays nobody wears a watch any more, we all rely on our cell phones. I have managed to avoid losing my cell phone, mainly by always keeping it in a standard location.

If you are prone to losing things, don't accept their safekeeping in the first place. Fess up about the lost jewelry and then ask your family not to give you that problem in the future. "Stuff" can be nice to have, but it can be a burden, too.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 10:39 pm

Furthermore I often lose competitions

Precious lil "people" are better at theater, outnumber me, overpower me, have more $$, higher metabolism

:roll:

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 7:48 am

I lose things all the time. I can have a piece of important paper in my hand one minute and 15 seconds later I can't find it. Drives me nuts. Here are a couple things I do to cope:

When something is critically important (glasses, keys, cell phone) they have a specific place they belong and they ALWAYS go there. I used to always lose my cell phone. Now it goes in my bra and I have yet to lose it for the past two years. :D

For paperwork, EVERYTHING gets converted to an electronic document asap. In my office, there is a scanner. Anywhere else I have the cell phone and use the camera or Evernote to take a photo of the document. These are all backed up in the cloud. I tell people - do NOT give me a piece of paper. I am guaranteed to lose it.

I don't borrow anything from anyone because I know I can't care for it or keep track of it. I don't even borrow library books anymore, having lost and paid for several.

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Feb 2018, 11:11 am

Yeah, I once had a photograph of me and my idol when I met him by chance outside the venue he was due to later perform at that same day (i had tickets to see). I've lost that photo, even managed to get it signed by him when i met him a year later at another of his shows. Lost the original digital copy as well. Most precious thing ever and 'poof' just like that... gone :(

Not the only thing i've lost though. Many, many things come and go, some to re-appear, others to be lost to void forever :(

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!