CannibalCorpse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Feb 2018, 4:41 pm

Be yourself, by yourself
Stay away from me
And this great poet continued like that^^

I don't understand people.
I am not changing myself. I am still going to be me. I am improving myself.
"Be yourself!" What? Really? What if I want to look better? I need to lose weight. Why are you lot telling that I should be myself?
And also I am changing how I treat other people. As I am not a mind reader, I sometimes need to ask, how you want to be treated. How I want to treat you might be different.

Be yourself is a dangerous advice! It applies only if you are perfect inside and outside. If not, there's always room for improvement.
Accept yourself is better because than you accept that you are overweight for example therefore not that attractive and your dating pool is going to be way smaller, You can accept that.
But yeah, say it to a fat person for example. Just be yourself, you are good as you are etc you are planting thoughts that are not going to be helpful because that person will be miserable as he is himself but the world will not accept him as he is.

Anyway thanks fr the replies to my question.

CannibalCorpse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Feb 2018, 4:44 pm

And I want to be more girly as it's in me, I was just afraid to show that side of me to the world for a long time.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 5:13 pm

The thing you should take away from that quote is that you cannot deny your own nature, changing oneself is hard, i have tried and only succeeded a bit. Habits and personal quirks die hard. Losing weight is probably easier than changing your personality.

I try to be open and non judgemental towards people, but everything inside me screams "so, wtf is wrong with this person that sits in front of me"? It's the my life experiences that are talking like that, and i'm rarely let down by it.

Be more girly? Possible, i guess "Cannibal corpse" means that you have good taste in music, and wear lots of black. A thing you can try is to tone the metal clothing down (if you wear such apparel), i had my Trash/Death metal phase and EBM phase as well, but i do not wear studded belts and Slayer t-shirts, but i often wear black, neutral clothing, nowadays (mostly because i like to stay warm during the summer). It is a part of me that like the dark side and not the happy-rainbow-bunny side of life, optimists make me sick and that is why i work with IT-Security.

One thing i did was to stop excluding positive music from my life, i.e. i went on from Strapping Young Lad to DTP and embraced happier music. Some of that did change my personality, if you go around and only listen to negative stuff, it will affect your personality.

I'm not sure if it applies exactly to you, but what i am trying to say is this - don't deny your nature, embrace it and evolve it at the same time.