Not yet diagnosed but is this a symptom?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Lawrence
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Feb 2018, 10:42 am

I had an interview recently for a call centre job. I've worked in a call centre before but it was heavily scripted. I didn't get the job but my feedback was I might struggle in a non scripted environment. Like I'm not very good at freestyle conversation. This is especially apparent in interviews. In day to day life I'm good at making small talk with people. I ask appropriate questions etc. But online I can't join in in normal conversations I literally have nothing to says. I make a lot of threads on forums and they're all about myself. I can hold conversation but I feel like I have no personality. I really don't have any strong opinions. I would struggle in a call centre environment where I have to talk on the top of my head. Appropriate phrases and jokes don't come to my head easily. I don't sound outgoing at all. I feel like I'm a bit of a robot in conversation. I act differently in different conversation scenarios. In a one to one conversation via messaging im at my best but put me in an interview one to one and I'm shocking. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 10:50 am

No. It’s not a symptom. This happens to lots of “normal” people.

Lawrence
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Feb 2018, 11:10 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
No. It’s not a symptom. This happens to lots of “normal” people.

I've never really met anyone that I considered lacked personality in conversation . They always end up doing something or saying something that says otherwise

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 11:16 am

But they may lack “personality” within online situations because the context doesn’t present much concreteness. They don’t “respond” when they don’t see a live person.

This is why children generally are not very good on the phone,