Anyone else fascinated by movie/TV credits?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

advertisingfan123
Raven
Raven

16 Feb 2018, 1:10 pm

In my family, I feel like I am the only one who is interested in looking at movie credits, especially for animated films. I usually do this either on DVD and Blu-Ray, or online on "watch movies online" sites. For example, I found these credits for a 2003 Spanish cartoon called "El Cid" online, and around 30 different companies in 15 different countries in 4 different continents animated this film. I started reading them quietly as I was watching, but my parents were annoyed by that and I started reading them in my head.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 1:18 pm

I've stopped going out to movies (because too many people act as though they're at home, and talk etc. throughout the film) but when I did, I pretty much always scooted out of my seat and off to one side so that I could stand and read the credits while others were leaving. Especially if I really liked the film. It was my way of acknowledging everyone who worked on it. In the late '70s through the '80s, I usually had a lot of company - there were many people doing the same thing.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 9:49 pm

I enjoy watching credits too. I like to see who the cast was, the producers, the music composer, etc. Seeing all of those names and knowing that all those names are a paycheck, you realize why movies cost as much as they do.

Then there is also the little bonus scene that some movies put at the end of the credits.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 9:55 pm

It annoys people that I like to read the credits all the way through to the end. Anyway, some movies reward your interest by tacking a bonus scene on the end. Movie credits fascinate me because you get to see just how many people are involved in the creation of a film. Can you imagine the credits for the Star Wars flick, for instance? They go on forever!

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

17 Feb 2018, 10:30 pm

Yes, I do like them- for the same reasons redrobin62 said.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2018, 3:44 am

The only interest I've ever had in credits is looking for strange names I could use for characters in my stories when I was younger. I was always preoccupied with names.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

1stSauce
Toucan
Toucan

03 May 2018, 5:23 am

Only if they say wacky things . *cough*Naked Gun