What do think of LegoMaster2149 (Me)?

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 10:16 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
"Another Brick in the Wall" seems pretty 1980s to me---even though it came out at the beginning of the decade.

Much of 70s New Wave is very much the precursor to 80's music

I agree, New Wave music in the 1980's made people start to like more electronic type music, whereas before in the 1970's, electronic music was still a more experimental genre, and people didn't really like it, since they thought it would take over traditional genres of music.

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 2:13 pm

I've only had one or two interactions with you through posts, but based on what I have seen, you share a lot of the same kinds of old school/retro things I have interests in, and you also share an interest in history.

Plus I like Lego's a lot too. :)

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 10:34 am

AspergersActor8693 wrote:
I've only had one or two interactions with you through posts, but based on what I have seen, you share a lot of the same kinds of old school/retro things I have interests in, and you also share an interest in history.

Plus I like Lego's a lot too. :)

Really? When did you start playing with Legos?

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 1:00 pm

Oh gosh, I don't remember exactly. Late 90's maybe? I remember my very first set of Legos being a bunch of standard bricks in a limited edition silver metallic container exactly like the one pictured. Still have it. I also have some early Lego Star Wars sets and Harry Potter sets, including the first version of Hogwarts ever released with its original box.

I also have sets from now discontinued series like Life On Mars, Jack Stone, Arctic, and an aqua-themed series whose name escapes me at the moment. I remember the villain having a gold visor, one red eye, and named ogle or something like that.

Granted they are all in various states of disassembly, but I know I have all if not 99% of the pieces to put them back together.

Someday when I am able I'll put them all back together.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:40 pm

AspergersActor8693 wrote:
Oh gosh, I don't remember exactly. Late 90's maybe? I remember my very first set of Legos being a bunch of standard bricks in a limited edition silver metallic container exactly like the one pictured. Still have it. I also have some early Lego Star Wars sets and Harry Potter sets, including the first version of Hogwarts ever released with its original box.

I also have sets from now discontinued series like Life On Mars, Jack Stone, Arctic, and an aqua-themed series whose name escapes me at the moment. I remember the villain having a gold visor, one red eye, and named ogle or something like that.

Granted they are all in various states of disassembly, but I know I have all if not 99% of the pieces to put them back together.

Someday when I am able I'll put them all back together.

Wow. I started playing with Legos when I was maybe 6 or 7.

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 9:56 am

I still buy them from time to time, mostly loose and assorted pieces though. One thing I would like to do someday is make 'brickmation' videos, which are basically stop motion videos using Lego. Part of the reason I get random pieces, so I can build my own custom sets, characters, vehicles, etc.

I have one that I never finished from high school. It is a death race kind of video that is a whopping (for a stop motion) four minutes long. It still needs sound effects, dialogue, and a few visual effects here and there. Someday I'll finally finish it, especially with how much work I put into it at the time.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 6:31 am

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
"Another Brick in the Wall" seems pretty 1980s to me---even though it came out at the beginning of the decade.

I agree, New Wave music in the 1980's made people start to like more electronic type music, whereas before in the 1970's, electronic music was still a more experimental genre, and people didn't really like it, since they thought it would take over traditional genres of music.

Steve Miller Band used a lot of synthesizer in the 70's. Styx too I believe. Probably paved the way for 80's electro pop.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 11:21 am

EzraS wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Steve Miller Band used a lot of synthesizer in the 70's. Styx too I believe. Probably paved the way for 80's electro pop.

Ah yes, I forgot about those two... :lol:

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 9:51 am

What is the thing you guys like most about me?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 12:59 pm

I think you're awesome. I'm also into Lego. I also think you're upbeat and you like to have fun.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 1:00 pm

You are upbeat, and you don't let your autism stop you from knowing that you are a viable person.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 10:14 pm

Your thread lasted longer than my thread. That should tell you something....

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 10:12 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Your thread lasted longer than my thread. That should tell you something....

Oh yeah, your thread... :lol: